Notices

Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2007, 10:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em?

anyone ever been tuned by minh tran of modifyd performance?
he good? he bad? he knowledgeable? whats the rep like for him and his shop?

im wanting to run neptune, and minh is the only guy closest to me

any feedback is nice.

let me know

thanks!!!

Modified by MeanGreenMachine at 10:34 AM 3/20/2008

Modified by MeanGreenMachine at 10:35 AM 3/20/2008
Old 06-18-2007, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em? (MeanGreenMachine)

minh is great tuner.. on site dyno.. but the thing is.. he stopped tuning with NepTune.. you should give him a call though..
Old 06-18-2007, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em? (ek_b20_vtec)

Another vouch for Minh. He still has access to NepTune so I can see no reason he wouldn't accommodate you.
Old 06-18-2007, 01:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em? (HRTuning)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HRTuning &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Another vouch for Minh. He still has access to NepTune so I can see no reason he wouldn't accommodate you.</TD></TR></TABLE>

alright alright, good to know since its coming fron the creator of neptune himself...

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by "ek_b20_vtec" &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">he stopped tuning with NepTune.. you should give him a call though..
</TD></TR></TABLE>

would you know why???
Old 06-18-2007, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em? (MeanGreenMachine)

I haven't heard from Minh in a while, so he might be right, but Minh never mentioned this to me personally. I'd love to know why too. I always look for ways to improve.
Old 06-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em? (HRTuning)

well after speaking with minh, he has decided not to tune neptune

Reason Being:

alot of the customers in his area, want and push the hondata s300 system, or AEM, but mainly hondata. From a business standpoint, it kind of makes sense, you have a high demand for a certain product, so your going to push that product and sell that product to your customers....

on top of that, he has had tremendous success with the hondata system, but he did say that doesnt mean neptune is a bad system. he has had success with neptune as well. its just the fact that ALOT of his customers want hondata.

he also stated that it is a little difficult for him to push and sell 2 products that are very much alike and have almost the same features.

i asked if minh still had access to neptune, he said he did, but hasnt touched it in so long. he hasnt even had a chance to mess with the neptune rtp. when asked what the difference was between neptune eeprom and rtp he said he couldnt tell me and that he didnt know because it had been so long since he touched neptune.

that there, made me question and think about how high the demand for hondata is in his area.

when asked what other neptune tuners he recommends for me to go get neptuned, he referred me to the Great Tony1 @ T1 Race Development, as that is the only person that he sees fit, trusts, and recommends.

i might add that minh did mention one feature that he and alot his customers like about the hondata s300, and that funtion is the pwm boost control function, something that i have not seen on neptune, but hope to see in the future or when the time comes.

all in all im kind of bummed that minh doesnt tune neptune anymore because i wanted to see and experience his work first hand,but ill definitely keep minh in mind for any of my upcoming future builds if i decide to build another car and use hondata.

so.....looks like ill have to save up and head to the great state of TX to get neptuned by t1

Old 06-19-2007, 07:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone else ever get tuned by minh???

HRTuning, i got your PM, but i cant reply since im still a NOOB (trial user) but yeah ive had the two tuners you mentioned in my mind for a while now. ill have to contact both of them and see what they can do for me.

thanks for the information and reccomendations!!!

its greatly appreciated!
Old 06-21-2007, 07:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MeanGreenMachine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone else ever get tuned by minh???</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 06-21-2007, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I am in Oklahoma, and was looking into getting tuned by Minh since he is closer to me. But he never replied to my email, so instead I am making the 4 hour drie to TX to get Neptuned by Tony @ T1 Race Development.
Old 06-21-2007, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (spets)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spets &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am in Oklahoma, and was looking into getting tuned by Minh since he is closer to me. But he never replied to my email, so instead I am making the 4 hour drie to TX to get Neptuned by Tony @ T1 Race Development.</TD></TR></TABLE>

did u ever try giving him a call @ his shop? i checked his website and apparently its down and out of order. who knows, he could be busy since its summer and race season is blooming......
Old 06-21-2007, 08:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MeanGreenMachine)

Eh, I don't like the phone, so never called him. sent an email to his address that I got from neptune's site. I figure if he can't bother to reply to my questions in an email or doesn't have time to check his email then there is no point in giving him business.

just my .02 dollars.
Old 06-22-2007, 04:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spets &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Eh, I don't like the phone, so never called him. sent an email to his address that I got from neptune's site. I figure if he can't bother to reply to my questions in an email or doesn't have time to check his email then there is no point in giving him business.

just my .02 dollars.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how long ago did you email him?
Old 06-22-2007, 04:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MeanGreenMachine)

About 3-4 weeks ago.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:31 AM

if this helps any... the wichita area's fastest hondas were all at one time tuned by Minh. at the drag strip during import events a couple few years ago, it use to always be the top performers in front wheel class had their car tuned at Modifyd. he has proven his tuning abilities by just the cars that use to be at the track. he certainly is the one of the BEST in ks at what he does.
Old 06-23-2007, 08:56 AM
NTX

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MeanGreenMachine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

so.....looks like ill have to save up and head to the great state of TX to get neptuned by t1 </TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by spets &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am in Oklahoma, and was looking into getting tuned by Minh since he is closer to me. But he never replied to my email, so instead I am making the 4 hour drie to TX to get Neptuned by Tony @ T1 Race Development.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Modified by NTX at 1:49 PM 6/23/2007
Old 06-23-2007, 10:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em? (NTX)

haha, wasn't me that didn't reply to the email.
Old 06-23-2007, 10:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

can u not tune both Netune and Hondata at the same facilaty?
Old 06-23-2007, 10:41 AM
NTX

Default Re: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em? (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha, wasn't me that didn't reply to the email. </TD></TR></TABLE>

whoops, fixed!
Old 06-23-2007, 10:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Re: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em? (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">can u not tune both Netune and Hondata at the same facilaty?</TD></TR></TABLE>
I tune both.
Old 06-23-2007, 03:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

fuuuck modifyed, fuuucked me over on a junk block "just needs a bore, hone and new pistons, everything is perfect/good"

fogot to mention the helicoiled headbolt that fuuuckin pulled out on me and tells me to fuuck off after i mention it...

FUUUUCKKK Minh
FUUUUCKKK Modifyed
Old 06-24-2007, 07:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em? (wHOAlly)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wHOAlly &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">fuuuck modifyed, fuuucked me over on a junk block "just needs a bore, hone and new pistons, everything is perfect/good"

fogot to mention the helicoiled headbolt that fuuuckin pulled out on me and tells me to fuuck off after i mention it...

FUUUUCKKK Minh
FUUUUCKKK Modifyed </TD></TR></TABLE>

care to elabore a little more on your experience with modifyd?
Old 06-24-2007, 07:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MeanGreenMachine &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

care to elabore a little more on your experience with modifyd?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Sounds like the jist of it there, not good. If you want a good tune from someone who will answer the phone and emails then go to Tony Palo @ T1 in Garland.
Old 06-25-2007, 05:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em? (SpeedDreamz.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SpeedDreamz.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
If you want a good tune from someone who will answer the phone and emails</TD></TR></TABLE>

everytime ive called minh, he's answered his phone.....havent really emailed since i prefer the phone, its faster for me anyway....

t1 has replied to every email and phone call ive given em......
Old 06-27-2007, 11:52 AM

Try http://www.fusionworksracing.com
Also visit their racing forum http://www.haiokuracing.com
PM me for more info, I'm in Wichita.
Old 06-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I thought tony only tuned crome and uberdata?

Quick Reply: Modifyd Performance - anyone ever get tuned by em?