Notices

Moates.net USB burner and Uberdata...

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2004, 09:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Moates.net USB burner and Uberdata...

im just getting into this.. and i have a P28 socketed for chips.

i just got my burner in, and i use the flash and burn program.. but ive yet to test my chip, and ECU out, since my hatch is a VX, and i still have to covert the O2.

when load a file to the buffer, and write the .bin file, it says its all good.

once i go to read the chip, and save it to my folder, i can't open that .bin file in uberdata..

can you guys explain how to save the files that are put on chips? the only reason i ask, is because i just want 2nd proof thats what i wrote on the chip.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the way u i have done it with turbo edit and uberdata on my friends burner is simple

just load the file to buffer, and select the actual bin file u edited...works fine for me
Old 11-01-2004, 09:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Moates.net USB burner and Uberdata... (Built B16A)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Built B16A &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">when load a file to the buffer, and write the .bin file, it says its all good.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i belive i wrote the file onto the chip, and things are all good.. but... what if i want to make sure.. why can't i read the file off the chip, and save it? why can't i reverse the process?
Old 11-01-2004, 09:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

theres something special you have to do to get it to read in reverse, but i forget. doesnt really matter to me, im happy with my burner
Old 11-01-2004, 09:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (WrongWD)

so if i have my burner, and i get it to sucsessfully write the file, i should call it a day.. the only reason i ask, is ive yet to try this on my VX.

im thinking about taking a P28 based .bin with boost, and disabling the O2. i think it should work.
Old 11-01-2004, 09:47 PM

Default Re: (Built B16A)

On my old burner, it would burn, then read the chip to double check everything is right. Yours *might* do the same.
Old 11-01-2004, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sporkcrx)

Weird...

I am currently running Uberdata with the Moastes BURN1 burner.

Seems to be no problem for me? I can Burn the Chip, and READ the chip *opens in UBERdATA and works fine!

Make sure you save it with the ending --&gt; .bin
Old 11-02-2004, 12:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (synik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Make sure you save it with the ending --&gt; .bin</TD></TR></TABLE>
yeah.. i dunno, as long as i can write files.. i'll just erase them, and start over when ever i modify it.. i just thought it was strange, i can write a .bin file onto the chip, but can't take thats same file off, save it, and open it.
Old 11-02-2004, 04:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

afgter u write the chip, theres a button on the bottom that says verify chip w/ buffer
means the burner will make sure the info on the chip is the same as the file u wanted to burn

i beleive u can also download whats on the chip by either read chip or save file to buffer
Old 11-06-2004, 07:32 AM

Default Re: (USDM 4G VTEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by USDM 4G VTEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">afgter u write the chip, theres a button on the bottom that says verify chip w/ buffer
means the burner will make sure the info on the chip is the same as the file u wanted to burn

i beleive u can also download whats on the chip by either read chip or save file to buffer</TD></TR></TABLE>

exactly...read chip, that saves it to buffer...then save buffer to file. make sure when you are naming it you actually type ".bin" after the file name...otherwise you won't be able to find it.
Old 11-06-2004, 07:46 AM

Default Re: (synik)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by synik &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Weird...

I am currently running Uberdata with the Moastes BURN1 burner.

Seems to be no problem for me? I can Burn the Chip, and READ the chip *opens in UBERdATA and works fine!

Make sure you save it with the ending --&gt; .bin</TD></TR></TABLE>

Same here reading and opening usually works fine for me too. Like said before I always use the verify option after I burn my chips which should guarantee it burned correctly.
Old 11-06-2004, 09:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Built B16A)

sounds like your putting the chip in the programer wronge.

if its in wronge it will say that it wrote it, and it will read it, but then when you save it it won't be their because their was nothing to save. if that makes sense.

make sure the little white arrow on the chip is facing the lever on the programer, and make sure the chip is all the way to the back of the programer, i think there will be one or 2 spaces left open between the chip and the lever.

that should solve your problem
Old 11-06-2004, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (scttydb411)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by scttydb411 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">you are naming it you actually type ".bin" after the file name...otherwise you won't be able to find it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i think this was my problem.. now its working.. allthough all my basemaps run like complete ***.. lol