Notices

MN tuning for my single cam

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2005, 09:30 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MN tuning for my single cam

I need some advice on what i should do to tune my built d16. shooting for the 300hp range.

Is there anyone in the Minnesota area that can give a solid street tune? Or should i go to Elite Motorsports? i heard that they are charging and arm and a leg for tuning, plus they dont do great job. Thats just what i heard.

All the motor parts and turbo parts are pretty much bought. Im wondering about which method you all would recommend. Street tune vs. Dyno Tune and big $

I have Hondata s200 w/ boost option and RC550's.

Is it possible to drive a hundred miles or so to get tuned by just removing the upper charge pipe and put a filter on the TB? Cuz trailoring it is not really an option.

thanks people

Old 03-30-2005, 01:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MN tuning for my single cam (kabaroo)

Old 03-30-2005, 01:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Elite is kinda high on dyno time
Old 03-30-2005, 01:38 PM

Shane @ Elite is a great tuner... did a great job with AEM EMS and his also Factory Trained AEM Tuner which is the same thing as Hondata without all the extra bs. I think they charge $140 a hour and the next closest place is like Payn Tech or some places in Chicago that want they both want around $500+ to fully tune a car.
Old 03-30-2005, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MN tuning for my single cam (11psiTurboSI)

oh, cool... thanks for the insite. Looks like t will be looking into making a trip to elite.

Now can someone answer my question on how to get down there? Can i run a stock ecu and remove the upper charge pipe?
Old 03-30-2005, 02:03 PM

Stock ecu and stock injectors and don't boost or get a basemap similar to your setup for Hondata and RC550 injectors and don't boost. FYI if you have a 3bar map you have to use the stock map with the stock ecu.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MN tuning for my single cam (11psiTurboSI)

nothing is on the car right now, motor is on its way out.

So i can drive down there with the turbo kits on but its just dumping to the atmosphere? I know stock injectors and stock ecu... only think done to the fuel system would be a 255 fuel pump.

I just thought that the car might not run well with the turbo restricting exhaust.
Old 03-30-2005, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i didnt think shane was to expensive...last summer i paid like $380 for them to put in my hondata...spark plugs and dyno tuning..my car was there from 7am-5pm
Old 03-30-2005, 03:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kabaroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I need some advice on what i should do to tune my built d16. shooting for the 300hp range.

Is there anyone in the Minnesota area that can give a solid street tune? Or should i go to Elite Motorsports? i heard that they are charging and arm and a leg for tuning, plus they dont do great job. Thats just what i heard.

All the motor parts and turbo parts are pretty much bought. Im wondering about which method you all would recommend. Street tune vs. Dyno Tune and big $

I have Hondata s200 w/ boost option and RC550's.

Is it possible to drive a hundred miles or so to get tuned by just removing the upper charge pipe and put a filter on the TB? Cuz trailoring it is not really an option.

thanks people

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Get someone to burn you a good basemap, and drive down there. Stay out of boost, it's not that hard.
Old 03-30-2005, 03:58 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kabaroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh, cool... thanks for the insite. Looks like t will be looking into making a trip to elite.

Now can someone answer my question on how to get down there? Can i run a stock ecu and remove the upper charge pipe?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you the Del Sol that my boy Jaime's stock GSR hung with?? If so - you REALLY need to get down here and tune that bitch..

Shane @ Elite is probably "good enough" for a Z6 street motor. He tunes safe which is a positive - but isn't known as a worldwide tuner thats for sure..

Mo knows whats up - he does good work.. I say Shane at Elite for your needs.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:08 PM

Go to some local boards and look up handcommand. He is a Hondata tuner, and he is less expensive than elite or RS. I would help ya, but I only do Uberdata/Turbo-edit. sorry.
Old 03-30-2005, 04:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Cray91)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Cray91 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Go to some local boards and look up handcommand. He is a Hondata tuner, and he is less expensive than elite or RS. I would help ya, but I only do Uberdata/Turbo-edit. sorry.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I did not know Tony did street tuning for Hondata, good info!
Old 03-30-2005, 05:09 PM

Default Re: (boostincoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I did not know Tony did street tuning for Hondata, good info! </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea me either, cuz last year he brought his car to Shane to tune Hondata w/ nitrous control.
Old 03-31-2005, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MN tuning for my single cam (Drag_On)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drag_On &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Are you the Del Sol that my boy Jaime's stock GSR hung with?? If so - you REALLY need to get down here and tune that bitch..

Shane @ Elite is probably "good enough" for a Z6 street motor. He tunes safe which is a positive - but isn't known as a worldwide tuner thats for sure..

Mo knows whats up - he does good work.. I say Shane at Elite for your needs.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That is me. My motor was stock then and it was a greddy kit on 5psi. i sold that and im using a SC50 with a built head and block. I would also like to appologize to jamie, i was in a hurry that day and didnt have time to talk... wasnt trying to be a *****.

Is he still in Duluth?

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Get someone to burn you a good basemap, and drive down there. Stay out of boost, it's not that hard.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Can you refer anyone to me?
Old 03-31-2005, 01:39 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kabaroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

That is me. My motor was stock then and it was a greddy kit on 5psi. i sold that and im using a SC50 with a built head and block. I would also like to appologize to jamie, i was in a hurry that day and didnt have time to talk... wasnt trying to be a *****.

Is he still in Duluth?

Can you refer anyone to me?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah man, he's still in Duluth for a short time. he's moving down here on June 1st. He's got a DOPE CRX that I'm sure you'd like - although I doubt you'll ever see it on the streets in Duluth.. **** - the thing has seen about 2000 miles on the stree in the two years..

For a basemap - go to the Hondata website and find someone with a basemap.. Just stay the **** OUT of boost - dont even tempt yourself..
Old 03-31-2005, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MN tuning for my single cam (Drag_On)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Drag_On &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yeah man, he's still in Duluth for a short time. he's moving down here on June 1st. He's got a DOPE CRX that I'm sure you'd like - although I doubt you'll ever see it on the streets in Duluth.. **** - the thing has seen about 2000 miles on the stree in the two years..

For a basemap - go to the Hondata website and find someone with a basemap.. Just stay the **** OUT of boost - dont even tempt yourself.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Yea, i have never seen his crx, but from what ive heard its a bad *** N/A beast. Is he running a b18c5?

Im no fool.. im not gunna waste a full year of work for one pull on the highway.

Thanks!
Old 03-31-2005, 03:02 PM

I asked Elite Motorsports to street tune my car and they said they won't do it because there'll be too many liability issues and dyno tuning does not sense load and when you get load from pulling the weight of the car on the street it drives different than on the dyno.

Can someone find a MN Hondata street tuner for me?

My Hondata S200 needs a street tune.

Modified by H-T at 11:18 AM 4/1/2005
Old 03-31-2005, 03:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm tunned by elite. shane does a great job...and once you get to know him, he'll work with you on your setup. yeah he does do conservative tunes but it's better that way. you could always ask him to do an extreme tune but that's always risky when you're new to boost or live kinda far away.

as for tony from hand command...i also didn't know that he tunes hondata. and i've seen his CRX...i was there when he killed tyler's 400whp integra on highway 280. that car of his is a beast...i wish i had a chance to run him.
Old 03-31-2005, 03:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MN tuning for my single cam (shermanyang)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shermanyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i was there when he killed tyler's 400whp integra on highway 280. that car of his is a beast...i wish i had a chance to run him.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hehe I was ridin' shotty in Tyler's teg for that race. We killed him on the way back.
Old 03-31-2005, 04:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MN tuning for my single cam (boostincoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Hehe I was ridin' shotty in Tyler's teg for that race. We killed him on the way back. </TD></TR></TABLE>

damn...i left already. i didn't know you guys were gonna race back!! oh well, maybe next time i'll get my chance.

btw, did Tyler ever sell his teg?
Old 03-31-2005, 04:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shermanyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">i'm tunned by elite. shane does a great job...and once you get to know him, he'll work with you on your setup. yeah he does do conservative tunes but it's better that way. you could always ask him to do an extreme tune but that's always risky when you're new to boost or live kinda far away.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

thats what i was looking for. thank you very much. I do want a conservating tune, i really cannot afford to rebuild my motor.

Elite will be getting my business in a month or so.
Old 03-31-2005, 06:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by shermanyang &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

damn...i left already. i didn't know you guys were gonna race back!! oh well, maybe next time i'll get my chance.

btw, did Tyler ever sell his teg?</TD></TR></TABLE>

No idea, I haven't heard from him in forever.
Old 04-03-2005, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

anyone know how to get ahold of shane? email or phone #

http://www.elitemotorsports.com is down
Old 04-03-2005, 10:02 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kabaroo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">anyone know how to get ahold of shane? email or phone #

http://www.elitemotorsports.com is down
</TD></TR></TABLE>

http://www.elite-autosport.com

(612) 521-0550
Old 04-03-2005, 10:08 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MN tuning for my single cam (boostincoupe)

thank you much!

Quick Reply: MN tuning for my single cam