Notices

MaxRev Turbo kits. Questions on service, product, etc....

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2002, 08:59 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MaxRev Turbo kits. Questions on service, product, etc....

I'm pretty sure I'm goign to get the maxrev turbo kit deal thing before it runs out. It looks great and it comes with great parts, I.E. the Tial, Garret, ..etc.... parts that I really like.

My questions are just, how many people jumped on that deal, and if you guys ran into any problems. I feel..... .. I don't know.... weird paying 2000+ dollars away anytime and just want to make sure that I don't run into any problems. I'm pretty sure you guys can understand how I feel.

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:05 AM
New User

Default Re: MaxRev Turbo kits. Questions on service, product, etc.... (Snafu-Si)

everyone remember that if you post any form of criticism, that the moderators will lock this post..
Old 02-10-2002, 09:12 AM
New User

Default Re: MaxRev Turbo kits. Questions on service, product, etc.... (Snafu-Si)

the product they have is very nice.. i order the mainfold and dp and turbo from them.. the mainfold looks really nice.. but there are so hard to get a hold of them. b/c i use 2 CC to order mine kit and that they charge me twice on one of mine card so i had to call them forever to set it str8. but it never happen so i had to call mine CC company and filling out a billing error... but there product is very nice tho..
-tony
Old 02-10-2002, 09:13 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Location: 99th level of hell, where all roads only go straight, where curves go to die. Houston Texas
Default Re: MaxRev Turbo kits. Questions on service, product, etc.... (brian b)

Really?? I didn't know that. huh....
Well, still, anyway good reviews then are always welcomed.
Old 02-10-2002, 09:42 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive had great service,product is top notch

from what ive seen brianb is one unhappy camper,so dont base it on one single incident (or two /his friend too) i guess his flanges warped and cant get a filter on and his friend had poor customer service, im sure not everyone is 100% happy w/ every retailer,so who knows,until I HAVE A bad experience w/ them or poor product,i'll buy from them.

weve installed two kits so far, one is my friends (and hes had no warping problems) car and one on mine,on mine im still waiting for my rc injectors and hondata otherwise everything went smooth cause i knew what i had to tackle from the get go.

Old 02-10-2002, 09:46 AM
What is this crap?

Received 57 Likes on 55 Posts

everyone remember that if you post any form of criticism, that the moderators will lock this post..
just make sure its constructive criticism. this is not honda-bitch&complain.com. thanks for keeping personal matters off here and in email/phone.
Old 02-10-2002, 10:38 AM

If a vendor is allowed to use this forum as a platform to advertise their products, it is only fair that people who dislike a vendor or their products be allowed to post criticisms.

We both had bad experiences with Max-Rev, this is not a vendetta against them. But what is this forum for if it’s not to tell other users about our experiences with an FI product.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok, just wanted to throw in my 2 cents..

I ordered the manifold/dp/turbo from them a few months ago, so this is my own personal experience. The people at Maxrev are VERY helpful and are willing to talk w/ their customers, but sometimes it can be very difficult to get someone on the phone. Also, IMO, if you're on tight time constraints and you need the stuff in a hurry, this is not the place to order from. If they tell you a week, expect at least 2. On the other hand, if you have a while and don't mind waiting a while, then you should be fine.

My only other complaint was with the manifold. I agree w/ what other people have already said about it on the forum. The manifold is very sturdy, and the welding is top notch. Only thing is, the construction on mine wasn't top notch. On the #4 runner where it's welded to another piece of pipe, that pipe closer to the turbo flange doesn't line up properly. Actually there's a good portion on the top and bottom of the runner where it is larger than the successive pipe. Think of stepped headers, but the exhaust flows the opposite direction.. Also the runners don't line up w/ the size of the port.. It's your call.. For $350, I got what I paid for.

-Mike
Old 02-10-2002, 11:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MaxRev Turbo kits. Questions on service, product, etc.... (philo)

i have the manifold/DP/turbo from them. Quality work.
my brother also ordered the whole kit.
Old 02-10-2002, 11:58 AM
New User

I ordered the kit from these guys. I havent installed yet but everything looks top notch. Everything is high quality. I'm really happy with everything.

MaxRev is one of my favorite places to order from. They have excellent customer service. All my questions were answered, and I wasnt rushed off the phone! Also I'm sure if anyone is having problems with their products they will work with you anyway they can.
Old 02-10-2002, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, my experience. I posted last week saying that I was pissed at them. Well, not really pissed--just impatient. Thats my whole problem. BUT.....I dont think there is a need for me to wait 3+ weeks for a turbo. Thats all I bought was the turbo, not the manifold or downpipe or anything else. Basically they are just a middle man and all they had to do was box it up throw my name and addy on it and send it too me. Thats why I was a little upset. BUT also I think I am going to look past that and still go ahead and buy the manifold and downpipe.
Their customer service does suck. Only beacuse there is no customer service when you cant get in touch with them via phone or email. BUT when you do talk to them they are very helpful. I remember when I made the call to buy the turbo. I actually spoke with Curtis while they were at SEMA, they had the number forwarded to the booth there. I had to kind of let him go on the phone becuase I kept hearing people wanting to ask him questions that were in front of him, and he didnt want to feel rude and ask to let me go when I was asking him questions.
Anyways, I hear the product is nice and I think I am gonna go with it.
I just think they should hire some dumb blonde to answer the phone and give a little moral support when the guys at the shop need some lovin
Old 02-10-2002, 12:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MaxRev Turbo kits. Questions on service, product, etc.... (93LSivic)

I've ordered there manifold nothing but good experience with it. I feel totally safe against any creeping or cracking! Nice stuff.
Old 02-11-2002, 01:28 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: MaxRev Turbo kits. Questions on service, product, etc.... (LsTurbo91)

Cool, I really appreciate you guys spending your time to give me replies. So far, its sounds like they are great but on the slow side, which is fine with me, I can't afford to install their stuff yet anyway, just to buy it.

Thanks for the heads up, you guys gave me a lot of good feedback!!