Notices

Mase's Tuning Tour to the West Coast - Earning money for the Laskey Racing Sponsorship

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2004, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mase's Tuning Tour to the West Coast - Earning money for the Laskey Racing Sponsorship

Well,

There has been some talk of me coming out to California, and due to a certain schmuck getting married, I think I will be coming out there. I have been getting a lot of emails and PM's about me coming out west to do some tuning, and I think this will be the perfect opportunity to do so.

Furthermore, instead of making profit for myself, I have decided that if I do come out west, I am going to be using all of the proceeds of my tuning and giving it to Laskey Racing for their up and coming 2004 race season. As most of you know who laskey racing is, they are a great team and I am quite proud to help them.

Being that I'm not really a business or anything, and only a college student, its hard for me to sponsor a race team, but this way will let me earn some extra $$ to help pay for their expenses.

Those who dont know can find more about them at their website:

http://www.laskeyracing.com

The tentative date will be around june 26. So either I will be there a week before or a week after, depending upon when I can work it out.

I will typically charge a minimum for a street tune, and any more profits i receive beyond that will go directly to laskey racing. Minus my travel expenses. I hope to find a rental car place that will rent me an car (im only 21, so it may be difficult), and hope to crash at peoples place along the way to help minimize my travel expenses. I will be tuning aem ems and hondata

Its a couple months before this will happen, but I'd like to get it out there If I can manage, id like to get about 10 cars together and make this happen.

Thanks

Mase

Old 03-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mase's Tuning Tour to the West Coast - Earning money for the Laskey Racing Sponsorship (Mase)

what area of the west?
Old 03-23-2004, 12:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mase's Tuning Tour to the West Coast - Earning money for the Laskey Racing Sponsorship (Mase)

Good luck Mase, awesome to see people helping others out. I hope the Laskey's will be able to make it to some east coast races this year. Come on west coast peeps get your car tuned and help out a race team as well.
Old 03-23-2004, 12:56 PM

Default Re: Mase's Tuning Tour to the West Coast - Earning money for the Laskey Racing Sponsorship (Rhman19)

To bad your not stoping in TEXAS!
Old 03-23-2004, 01:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mase's Tuning Tour to the West Coast - Earning money for the Laskey Racing Sponsorship (DubyaAye

well I have to be in san deigo area june 26th. I was thinking about flying into LAX the week before june 26th and then getting a rental car, and going where ever, as long as its not too far...
Old 03-23-2004, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mase's Tuning Tour to the West Coast - Earning money for the Laskey Racing Sponsorship (DubyaAye

Man Mase, what can I say? Thats really really awesome of you. Its guys like these that make our industry great, a friend just trying to help anouther friend out to race in any way that he can. Yeah, maybe with some help like this we can make it to some east coast events. It is hard to make the long trips with no sponsor help, and we at Laskey Racing will make sure Mase is taken care of at the events...hehe. Mase has his act together from what I have seen and heard as far as his tuning skills...I highly recomend him to any of you guys out here that need stuff done when the time comes
Old 03-23-2004, 01:49 PM

Crap, looks like I have to have my car together by the end of June!
Old 03-23-2004, 02:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

put me on the list for sure. some more paychecks burn !
Old 03-23-2004, 10:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

im gonna do the same for the east coast thing, you'll be first on the list when u send a deposit, seems like the best way to do things.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:08 PM
Better than steak

Mase, that is really nice of you.... I dont know what to say.
Old 03-23-2004, 10:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Arturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Mase, that is really nice of you.... I dont know what to say.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Dont say anything, Mike said I can have your job. SO BEAT IT!

Old 03-23-2004, 10:25 PM

Hey, Mase
You don't know me, but I heard of you before. Since you will do it for the Laskey Team, I will help you out a little. If you don't mind, I can pick you up at the airport and take you to anywhere you like and I can be your assistant for the whole day. Let me know if I can help.
Old 03-23-2004, 11:19 PM

thats abotu the timeframe when my setup should be done... if i decide to go hondata, ill probably be in if you aren't full .
street tune = no dynoing at all? should car already be tuned somewhat?
Old 03-23-2004, 11:49 PM
OG triple OG

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

let me know if you wanna shoot out to the bay , modacar.com would love to have you use their dyno for sessions ...

would you be willing to do emanage too?&gt;
Old 03-24-2004, 12:30 AM

I would be interested in getting my car tuned assuming I get my new block in by that date. I haven't talked to Earl lately but hopefully he's nearing completion. If everything gets done you can definitely count me in.

Mase, are you able to street tune the s100b or does street tuning require the datalogging option? Another thing is I do not have a wideband at this time...would one be required or do you have one of your own?

Old 03-24-2004, 05:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Mase's Tuning Tour to the West Coast - Earning money for the Laskey Racing Sponsorship (iiilgsrl

west coast is in for a treat
Old 03-24-2004, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: Mase's Tuning Tour to the West Coast - Earning money for the Laskey Racing Sponsorship (iiilgsrl

Mase,

Enterprise Rent-A-Car rents to 21 yr. olds

Only one that I know of that does.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:08 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostincoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Enterprise Rent-A-Car rents to 21 yr. olds </TD></TR></TABLE>

And you'll have to pay and arm and a leg .
Old 03-24-2004, 08:25 AM
Moderator in Chief

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Someone should rent Mase a car and get a free tune!
Old 03-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

bump for mase great guy and helping great cause.
Old 03-24-2004, 08:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm down for it. Anyone know where Mase could tune in LA?
Old 03-24-2004, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (calib17a)

I appreciate everyone's support and interest so far.

I can do either street tuning and/or dyno tuning, whatever you guys want.

I dont mind going up north, however, it would be better if we could get a few people together to do it, so i dont have to drive all over the state just for one car or whatever.

Hondata s100b is fully tune able w/out datalogging and such, I have all the hardware/software needed to tune hondata s200 and s100 systems, and I do have my own personal wideband (2 of them infact )

The car does not have to be tuned at all, all i ask is that it be ready and all bugs worked out (besides the tune) as I will not have time to troubleshoot anyones problems.

Thanks again

mase
Old 03-24-2004, 02:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mase)

Old 03-24-2004, 04:29 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Mase)

Maybe you can tune at Autolink in Temple City ( near Pasadena, Arcadia). The infamous old school Dr. Charles formally from Area 51 and Atomic is over there and they just became a Hondata dealer. Every time I visit there they are always doing some sick setups. Maybe even get Bubba down there, could be an all star tuning session. That's if you don't mind sharing the glory. I'll ask and get back to you.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (calib17a)

cool...

Quick Reply: Mase's Tuning Tour to the West Coast - Earning money for the Laskey Racing Sponsorship