Notices

MAHLE Pistons.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2005, 09:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default MAHLE Pistons.

Somebody have experience with this company, it's from Europe.

Thanks.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: MAHLE Pistons. (Root79)

great pistons, but i havent found a reasonable price for them.
Old 04-06-2005, 11:39 PM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: MAHLE Pistons. (DynamicCK)

good product.... *** raping price
Old 04-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DynamicCK &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">great pistons, but i havent found a reasonable price for them. </TD></TR></TABLE>
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by wantboost &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">good product.... *** raping price</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've never purchased a set of Mahle pistons before, but I typed "Mahle H22" into Google and found these:

It looks like they're reasonably priced (if not on the low side!).

There has also been this thread on Honda-Tech regarding the H22 pistons:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=991635

I've spoken directly with Mahle and they've taken care of that problem. Apparently, they accidentally designed a piston off a sample provided to them that was not a standard H22 piston. This problem has since been fixed.

They do use the 4032 vs the 2618 most piston manufacturers use for F/I pistons. It is supposedly more brittle, but it allows you to run tighter wall clearances. I've been told that there shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't rattle them. I have a set of the H22 Gold Series that I'm supposed to try out. I'll have an engine together in a few months and I plan to push it HARD.

Tyler
Old 04-07-2005, 12:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MAHLE Pistons. (Tyler H)

Mahle is a good company here in Germany, but they are very expensive. The problem here in Germany is that the cost for loan for employeas and energy and for the state are very high.
I for myself tried to get a set of pistons for my b16 - but they wanted in american donation about 1100USD. So forget them and try to import some Arias/CP/JE.

Kevin
Old 04-07-2005, 12:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MAHLE Pistons. (Tyler H)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tyler H &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I've never purchased a set of Mahle pistons before, but I typed "Mahle H22" into Google and found these:

It looks like they're reasonably priced (if not on the low side!).

There has also been this thread on Honda-Tech regarding the H22 pistons:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=991635

I've spoken directly with Mahle and they've taken care of that problem. Apparently, they accidentally designed a piston off a sample provided to them that was not a standard H22 piston. This problem has since been fixed.

They do use the 4032 vs the 2618 most piston manufacturers use for F/I pistons. It is supposedly more brittle, but it allows you to run tighter wall clearances. I've been told that there shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't rattle them. I have a set of the H22 Gold Series that I'm supposed to try out. I'll have an engine together in a few months and I plan to push it HARD.

Tyler</TD></TR></TABLE>

Interesting...a few years ago, they were damn expensive. I guess times have changed
Old 04-07-2005, 05:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: MAHLE Pistons.

Mahle is a good company here in Germany, but they are very expensive

???

Odd, the are about %15-%20 cheaper than the JE's

FYI
Old 04-07-2005, 07:35 AM
Who is Mr Robot?

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Re: MAHLE Pistons. (B18CXr)

they might be cheaper here, but not over there.... different tax rates... etc
Old 04-07-2005, 10:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: MAHLE Pistons. (wantboost)

make damn sure to check the clearances if you use those things. we did testing for mahle on those pistons, bent all the exh valves and had to narrow the small end of the rod to fit. i have talked to a few people that have the improperly designed pistons so make sure you have the right ones.

they do work great in the stock sleeves, but they are high silicone alloy, so be carefully with em, the guys at mahle said they were only good for about 125-150hp per piston... prolly 500-550 at the tires is all i would try to go for with these things.
Old 04-07-2005, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i will be running these pistons in a 84mm gsr 9:1 with carrillo h-beam rods and ERL sleeves and ERL 5-main girdle.. when i get the car running i will push it and i will let you know if that high sillicon bullshit is true.. which most of it is bullshit.. side by side these psitons are way better looking then that CP bandwagon Earl has everyone sweating.. not to mention the MAHLE's come with forged coatd skirts and they also have the X-Beam forging off the shelf.. if you go CP they dont make a 9:1 piston with x-beam forging, so if you want it its custom order and will take pretty long..

CP is a great piston, but so is MAHLE, just don't be scuurred to try something new from the people who invented the first forged piston.. their **** is proven man.. mostly all the pistons today are gonna be similar.. its all about how they are installed..
Old 04-07-2005, 01:45 PM

Default Re: MAHLE Pistons. (manikgsr)

Why do I ask that question. Because MAHLE pistons here are very expensive. And have high respect around local racing engine builders. We just order from e-bay-motors the clutch kit, we send the money in Tuesday and receive the kit from Los Angeles (California) to Latvia( Eastern Europe) in one week, shipping was 80$.

And then I hound this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...33623

This is not my first day in tuning, from my experience MAHLE have high price level. Are those prices and this seller in e-bay for real!!!

Any way good response.