Notices

LS/Vtech Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2010, 08:15 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS/Vtech Question

I know most people know this answer. But I have a Built B16A2 I have had Portflow in CA do the head work . Crower New Valve springs and retainers. Cower Turbo Cams. As far a bottom end I have had it sleeved with Golden Eagle sleeves, Weisco 9:1 Pistions, Eagle Rods, ACL Bearings. The first person who built my engine must have done something wrong because on Dyno it started tickin. I sent the bottom end to a well known shop to have them look at it. He has had the bottom end for 6 months and I have no deadline when I am getting it back. While my vehicle is at another shop who took the motor out. Well long story short.. I have a LS/Vtech in my garage. I was wanting to take the LS bottom end and have it built and sleeved. Since I dont know when I will get my b16 back.

So my question is will an LS bottom end bolt up to a b16 head? The reason I am wanting to save my b16 head because I have spent alot of money and time in the head.

Sorry for the long paragraph. Thanks for your help!
Old 12-18-2010, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS/Vtech Question

Here's a giant page on what you need and what you need to do to complete an ls/vtec. The simple answer is no it won't just bolt up to the B16 head. There needs to be some work or simple tapping and plugging and new dowel pins that need to be added to make it work. This page will tell you everything.

http://hondaswap.com/general-tech-ar...ls-vtec-85477/
Old 12-18-2010, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by hayden187
I know most people know this answer. But I have a Built B16A2 I have had Portflow in CA do the head work . Crower New Valve springs and retainers. Cower Turbo Cams. As far a bottom end I have had it sleeved with Golden Eagle sleeves, Weisco 9:1 Pistions, Eagle Rods, ACL Bearings. The first person who built my engine must have done something wrong because on Dyno it started tickin. I sent the bottom end to a well known shop to have them look at it. He has had the bottom end for 6 months and I have no deadline when I am getting it back. While my vehicle is at another shop who took the motor out. Well long story short.. I have a LS/Vtech in my garage. I was wanting to take the LS bottom end and have it built and sleeved. Since I dont know when I will get my b16 back.

So my question is will an LS bottom end bolt up to a b16 head? The reason I am wanting to save my b16 head because I have spent alot of money and time in the head.

Sorry for the long paragraph. Thanks for your help!
LSVTEC ! Pretty simple just get a golden eagle LSVTEC kit and you'll be dialed if you plan on reving over 6500 get ARP rod bolts.

OR buy my JDMB18C FRESHHHH

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JDM-b...Q5fAccessories
Old 12-18-2010, 09:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks for that post... That LS Build is a great source for info on that...

Sounds like that will be a better set-up anyway than the b16 build!