Notices

ls/vtec with vortech sc ??????????

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls/vtec with vortech sc ??????????

im thinking about putting together an ls/vtec and putting a vortech on it. should i go low comp if i wanna run 10-14 psi? what kind of power do you think it would make? has anyone done this before? i know nothing about boost so thanks for any help.
peace
eric
Old 10-03-2005, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls/vtec with vortech sc ?????????? (urnotfast)

or should i just keep my b16 and freshen it up and put lower comp. pistons in it?
Old 10-04-2005, 05:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

is anybody online??????????????
Old 10-04-2005, 06:40 PM

You arn't getting any response because almost nobody runs a Vortech on here, and for good reason. Turbo or bust!
Old 10-04-2005, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sorry i just dont want a turbo............. just because a lot of people like them doesnt make me want one.
peace
eric
Old 10-04-2005, 07:02 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by urnotfast &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sorry i just dont want a turbo............. just because a lot of people like them doesnt make me want one.
peace
eric</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not a lot of men castrate themselves and wear dresses everywhere. See what I'm getting any? Different isn't always better

Vortech's lack in the low end power, mid range power, and top end power compared to a turbocharger. With a Vortech you need to change pulleys to change boost. With a Vortech you have to change the blower belt, and Vortech's are significantly more expensive than a good turbo setup. You can make a valid case for a JRSC blower on something like an autocross car or even a fun street car, but a Vortech has no place on a honda. It mixes all the disadvantages of superchargers with none of the advantages of turbochargers. Just not very good for a small displacement high revving motor.
Old 10-05-2005, 12:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: ls/vtec with vortech sc ?????????? (turboEGhatch)

umm yea
if it doesnt make power or torque
how did this guy make 220hp/200tq with just 8psi on a b16 too
Old 10-05-2005, 04:50 PM

Default Re: ls/vtec with vortech sc ?????????? (komat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by komat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">umm yea
if it doesnt make power or torque
how did this guy make 220hp/200tq with just 8psi on a b16 too</TD></TR></TABLE>

With a Vortech? He's lying, period. SiRacer's Vortech Supercharged 84mm B16 motor just cleared 200 WTQ when he was running 15 psi and making well over 300 WHP. Lets see the dyno sheet.
Old 10-05-2005, 05:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dyno chart is from one of the ht members that was selling his kit
Old 10-05-2005, 05:58 PM
Honda-Tech Member

almost 480whp isnt too bad for a supercharger that makes no low end no mid range and no top end. HERE IS A DYNO FFROM THE HONDATA WEBSITE

The boost curve on Vortec superchargers is proportional to RPM. The higher you can rev your car, the more boost you get. As a result Vortech superchargers typically move your torque peak up 750-1000 rpm from stock. It is a good idea to build your engine to handle higher RPMs. By comparison, turbochargers typically move your torque peak down 750-1000 rpm, due mainly to exhaust restriction.

peace
eric
Old 10-05-2005, 06:39 PM
rhd

wow...that's the shittiest dyno i've ever seen

why would you want that kind of power band? it's useless.

Old 10-05-2005, 06:45 PM

nice ride..... But i think that would good setup you would put down well over 300 whp. EM1
Old 10-05-2005, 08:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">wow...that's the shittiest dyno i've ever seen

why would you want that kind of power band? it's useless.

</TD></TR></TABLE>i think you guys are missing the point. this isnt going to be a racecar. im not looking to break any records. and im not going for an all out track vehicle. i just want it semi fast and dependable but i dont want a turbo. this is my work car i just wanna have fun on my way to work
Old 10-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

and btw i posted that dyno because he said a vortech makes no power. the dyno komat posted was 8psi on a em1 b16 and it made a nice usable power curve thats more like ill be running.<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by komat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

dyno chart is from one of the ht members that was selling his kit</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 10-05-2005, 08:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i wouldn't let the guy who tuned this tune my bicycle outside

Old 10-05-2005, 08:27 PM
rhd

if you want a fun car...wtf would you want to wastge the money on a s/c for a honda? it makes no sense. honda's just don't benifit enough from them to warrent their use. which is why you don't see hardly any ppl running them on this board.

Old 10-05-2005, 08:28 PM
rhd

and btw...if you're wanting to here our opinions on them....wtf don;t you listen and stop questioning the very same ppl you asked?

you're the one asking, and you're the one defending them...pot/kettle
Old 10-05-2005, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls/vtec with vortech sc ?????????? (spoolin turbo s)

improbably gonna go to inline pro in va for tuning its only a few hrs away and they tune hondata
Old 10-05-2005, 08:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (rhd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rhd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">and btw...if you're wanting to here our opinions on them....wtf don;t you listen and stop questioning the very same ppl you asked?

you're the one asking, and you're the one defending them...pot/kettle</TD></TR></TABLE>

i am looking for peoples input on what they think this will make. i dont want a turbo..........sorry. i am looking for a little more power out of my car and i want a supercharger. thats what i want i dont have a prob with turbos my friend is going boost on his civic and i think thats cool cause thats what he wants. i just dont want a turbo. if you think my setup sucks thats fine bro , but id rather have a semi fast car i want(my setup) than a really fast car i dont want(turbo). i dont need to go that fast i only drive this car about 30-40 miles a week.
peace
eric
Old 10-05-2005, 09:01 PM
rhd

cool
Old 10-06-2005, 04:03 PM

Default Re: (rhd)

Are you sure that dyno is of a Vortech? I've tuned 2 Vortech cars and seen another dynoed and not even the one that was an 84mm LS/VTEC made 150 WTQ at about the same time as that supposed 8 psi B16 dyno. All the cars I've tuned or seen dynoed have also never made peak torque before redline, too.

That 480 WHP salt slat race car is nothing like the kit you'd be buying. That's a bigger head unit, driven by COG BELTS, mounted in a different place from the stock head unit, with a significantly larger intercooler running ice water.

I can almost understand the lunacy of not wanting a turbo because everyone has it, but you're going to pay more money for a Vortech that doesn't even compare to a turbo? Build a turbo kit with a small T3 or a T3/TO4E 50-trim with a .48 A/R stage 3 hot side. Lots of low end power/torque, and you'll do it for half the price of a Vortech kit.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:09 PM
cuin9sec

this thread is useless
Old 10-06-2005, 05:44 PM
I'm a Jackass

Default Re: (t67civic)

Why would you want to make less power for more money? and dont say because turbos blow your motor and SC's dont because they are both forcing air into a motor and your gonna run into the same problems.
Old 10-06-2005, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (dumpeDc2)

Dont waste your time, on the B series its Turbo or bust,
Old 10-06-2005, 07:14 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (low430)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by low430 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Dont waste your time, on the B series its Turbo or bust, </TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry man but i dont want or need to join the "everyone in the world has a turbo civic" club.......if you like turbo thats cool i think they run awesome. BUT I DONT WANT A TURBO im going vortech because thats what i want i dont care whether people like my car or not and i dont care if its not as fast as turbo and i dont care if i pay more money to be slower. i want my car to be the way i want it to be not the way you or anyone else wants it .....................

btw thanks to everyone for posting absolutely no answers to my question and flaming me for being an individual and not what everyone else does

HATERS

Quick Reply: ls/vtec with vortech sc ??????????