Notices

ls/vtec turbo Q's

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2004, 08:16 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ls/vtec turbo Q's

does any body know the advantages of going turbo with the ls/vtec?
Old 06-10-2004, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls/vtec turbo Q's (rob_lsvtec)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rob_lsvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does any body know the advantages of going turbo with the ls/vtec?</TD></TR></TABLE>

advantages over what? NA? LS? GSR? Type R? Your question really make no sense.
Old 06-10-2004, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls/vtec turbo Q's (underpressure02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

advantages over what? NA? LS? GSR? Type R? Your question really make no sense. </TD></TR></TABLE>

just get a type r and boost it. ls/vtec=money...plus build up...if u want
Old 06-10-2004, 11:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls/vtec turbo Q's (b20boost)

last time I checked ls/vtec was a lot cheaper then boosting a type r motor.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls/vtec turbo Q's (underpressure02)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by underpressure02 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">last time I checked ls/vtec was a lot cheaper then boosting a type r motor. </TD></TR></TABLE>
true, but all depends what you want done to the ls vtec

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by rob_lsvtec &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">does any body know the advantages of going turbo with the ls/vtec?</TD></TR></TABLE>

like they said your ? dont make sense. The advantage I can tell you is....it will just be faster than lsvtec without turbo
Old 06-10-2004, 12:33 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you'll have an LSVtec with a turbo instead of an n/a LSVtec......

If you build it right and put enought thought/work into it you will not be unhappy. your going to get alot of opinions about comparing it to an other engine with a turbo and which is a better choice. I like mine that is all I claim to know
Old 06-11-2004, 11:17 AM

Default Re: ls/vtec turbo Q's (BROOD)

i have a ls and want to go ls?vtec just asking if it is alot better to go ls/vtec or just keep it ls and turbo it.
Old 06-11-2004, 12:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

honestly: the vtec head will not help you out that much when turboing... im sure you hear all your RB friends talking about vtec this vtec that, but when you boostin, it a different story.

save the money on the vtec conersion kit, the extra oil lines, and the vtec head (manifold, tb, cams, all that crap) and just build a solid turbo kit.

keep the ls. boost it.

how much power do you want to make? 200? 300? 400? get your goals in line first so you can work towards them. if you need a good starting turbo I have two i'll help you out with.
Old 06-11-2004, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (RedStarGsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedStarGsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly: the vtec head will not help you out that much when turboing... im sure you hear all your RB friends talking about vtec this vtec that, but when you boostin, it a different story.

save the money on the vtec conersion kit, the extra oil lines, and the vtec head (manifold, tb, cams, all that crap) and just build a solid turbo kit.

keep the ls. boost it.

how much power do you want to make? 200? 300? 400? get your goals in line first so you can work towards them. if you need a good starting turbo I have two i'll help you out with. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 06-24-2004, 07:29 AM

Default Re: (b20boost)

thanks for the input i well keep it in mind.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:45 AM

i had ls nitrous.....went to turbo...was faster... but lsvtec n/a cars were close in speed... so ls/tec turbo now.... id say start with lsvtec then move on later
Old 06-24-2004, 10:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls/vtec turbo Q's (CUSTOMCONNECTION)

I've ran lsvtec in about 5 cars already. I've had ls turbo also. I would never go back to ls again. Lsvtec is way faster than just ls. vtec alone feels like boost compared to ls. it'l cost u about $600 for lsvtec considering u already have ls block and the difference is worth it.
Old 06-24-2004, 01:40 PM

Default Re: ls/vtec turbo Q's (Turbocivic94)

agreed...
Old 06-24-2004, 03:53 PM

Default Re: (RedStarGsr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by RedStarGsr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">honestly: the vtec head will not help you out that much when turboing... im sure you hear all your RB friends talking about vtec this vtec that, but when you boostin, it a different story.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Riiiight Did you get that info from all the top dogs in drag racing running LS/non-vtec heads? LOL
Old 06-24-2004, 03:59 PM
Brrraaaap!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (AVATAR)

Quote, originally posted by RedStarGsr »
honestly: the vtec head will not help you out that much when turboing... im sure you hear all your RB friends talking about vtec this vtec that, but when you boostin, it a different story.

Riiiight Did you get that info from all the top dogs in drag racing running LS/non-vtec heads? LOL

Well since most of the top races run cams so big that they eliminate VTEC, what he was saying is true in a sense. But a VTEC head will flow better then a non-VTEC head, and it has different cam specs, which make more power. Now, if you had a non-VTEC head worked over really well by ENDYNE or DPR or something, and put some huge cams in there, they might even out. I couldnt tell you cause I havent had a lot of exprience in that feild of flow dynamics ect.

just my .02 cents

Blaze
Old 06-24-2004, 04:09 PM

Default Re: (Blaze45)

A Vtec head is definately more worth it, regardless of the cam size. Slap on a Vtec head then slap on a LS head . . . try to tell me the LS is better. Now EXTREMLY rework the LS head, then do the same to the Vtec head . . . then try to tell me the LS is better. Vtec heads arent that expensive especially when you take into consideration that you could sell your LS head after you get the vtec head.

Modified by AVATAR at 7:27 PM 6/24/2004
Old 06-24-2004, 07:25 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (AVATAR)

.........or if you cash (damage) an "out of the box" Vtec cyl head versus a highly worked over LS cyl head. Which one do you think you would rather replace? A $600 Vtec head or a $200 LS head with another $700-900 or work done to it.
And those giant LS cams....drive it on the street as a daily driver. It sometimes is not the best choice.
If your going to go turbo, you'll most likely build the engine up (at least you should). If you decide to go with an LSVtec conversion you should also build the engine to live under the higher rpms. An engine is an engine is an engine.......blah, blah, blah

Good luck on your project. I suggest you weigh out your options and funds......instead of basing your direction from internet opinions.
Old 06-24-2004, 07:33 PM

I do. https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=905485
Old 07-01-2004, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: ls/vtec turbo Q's (rondigs)

Listen to this man, he knows what he's talking about. I reved my stock lsvtec to 8.5-9K with boost and I use to run it with squeez. I never had any problems. I would recommend using arp head studs if u r boosting. I've lifted the head before with oem bolts.