Notices

LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems

okay guys..this been driving me nuts...just install the setup..t3/t4, tial 38mm wg, walbro 255, dsm 450s with stock honda resistor box, chipped ecu on uber, with dsm 450 base map...everythings done and complete..time for the start up, starts up, gives me a cel which i can't get..ecu for some reason wont let me jump the code..car will no rev pass 3000 RPMs.. it will start and run for roughly 2mins then it would want to die out...recheck the wiring for the resistor box like 10xs...doubled checked everything 10xs...its got me beat...help would be highly appreciated..thanks..
Old 12-27-2006, 12:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (payo_vang)

if the cel is on but won't give you a code it's usually a communication problem (ecu).
Old 12-27-2006, 12:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (gitwidit)

I must agree, sounds like there is a communication problem with your ecu.
Old 12-27-2006, 12:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (4thgenx42)

well..this is my second ecu...first ecu did the same thing..gave me a cel..wont let me jump the ecu..so i went and got a second ecu, had my buddie chipped it..and burned me a base map..at first we though it was a bad base map so we burnt another chip and it still did the same thing? can it be that both base maps were bad?
Old 12-27-2006, 12:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

at first u should of started it with stock ecu and injectors, and then add the resistor with injectors.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:05 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (s2kdre)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by s2kdre &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">at first u should of started it with stock ecu and injectors, and then add the resistor with injectors.</TD></TR></TABLE>

how would of that helped? i did try it with the stock injectors but after i tried it with the 450s..
Old 12-27-2006, 01:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

help!
Old 12-27-2006, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

they way u mentioned that it wont rev pass 3000 rpm...maybe u should check who u bought the ecu from....it maybe a auto instead of a 5-speed ecu...cause with the auto ecu in the car it will throw injector codes....check to see what code u r throwing...
Old 12-27-2006, 02:06 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (yaaj1320)

I had that same problem. Check the soldered connections that was made for chipping the ecu.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (yaaj1320)

anymore ideas??? HELP!!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 02:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like your ecu is not reading the rom properly or it is in limp mode.

Make sure you are checking your codes properly. There is a writeup on http://www.c-speedracing.com on how to determin what mil you are throwing.

Old 12-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (mtber)

yeah car is in limp mode which is why it wont rev pass 3000 rpms...i tried jumping the code which for some reason the ecu wont let me..this is my second chipped ecu that did the same thing
Old 12-27-2006, 02:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The crank angle sensor in the distributor will not let u go past 3000rpms if its wired wrong or bad.

Check the distro!!!!
Old 12-27-2006, 03:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (93supercoupe)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93supercoupe &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The crank angle sensor in the distributor will not let u go past 3000rpms if its wired wrong or bad.

Check the distro!!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

car was running perfect when stock..how can the dizzy just take a dump when it was not touched at all during the turbo install??
Old 12-27-2006, 03:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

if the injector wiring was the ONLY wiring u did, then u need to recheck it, check voltage and resistance, there is something there that's reading wrong, and check the solder connections in the ecu
Old 12-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (Dual Cam Racing)

yes the only wiring i did was the resistor box..i've check numerous times but i'll go back and check it again..i'll have my buddie look over the ecu tomorrow to see if the solder connection is bad or not...thanks for the input guys..
Old 12-27-2006, 05:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sounds very similar to what happened to me with my LS-T. I was running about the same setup as you, with a crome basemap. CEL that I couldn't diagnose. My tuner sent me a different ECU, and everything is fine. I'm getting tuned friday, and also returning the faulty ECU. If my tuner is able to find out what went wrong, I'll post it.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (SpeedwaySlick)

Funny to see all these worthless responses... lol... Its not the distributor, its not the injectors or anything along those lines. You have either a bad chipping job on the ECU or a bad basemap. Reburn the basemap or try another one and things SHOULD work fine. If not, then check the chipping job, could be a cold solder joint, etc. Regardless, the car should not be driven until the problem is solved.
Old 12-27-2006, 05:53 PM

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (Hybrid93Eg)

Deff sounds like a bad ecu, probably due to a poor chip install.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (Synapse Motorsport)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Synapse Motorsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Deff sounds like a bad ecu, probably due to a poor chip install.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Old 12-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (Synapse Motorsport)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Synapse Motorsport &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Deff sounds like a bad ecu, probably due to a poor chip install.</TD></TR></TABLE>

correct. cut the jumper in the ecu and see if the cel goes away. if it does then its a bad chip job and the ECU is fine. if it doesn't do anything, you need ANOTHER new ecu.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (tegasaurus)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tegasaurus &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

correct. cut the jumper in the ecu and see if the cel goes away. if it does then its a bad chip job and the ECU is fine. if it doesn't do anything, you need ANOTHER new ecu.</TD></TR></TABLE>

the j1 is your friend

ive had this problem before, it was in my chip burner i had a resistor break free, so all the roms i was burning were all bad.

start fresh. new ecu, new chip, new burner or maybe uninstal then reinstal the driver software(try the new chip and ecu first though!)

whats your email ill send you a map that i recently tuned and you can try that and see if it works to rule out your file being corrupted
Old 12-27-2006, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems (blackeg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blackeg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

the j1 is your friend

ive had this problem before, it was in my chip burner i had a resistor break free, so all the roms i was burning were all bad.

start fresh. new ecu, new chip, new burner or maybe uninstal then reinstal the driver software(try the new chip and ecu first though!)

whats your email ill send you a map that i recently tuned and you can try that and see if it works to rule out your file being corrupted</TD></TR></TABLE>

well right now i have a new ecu, new chip, still does it...im thinking its a bad burn also..but like said above i cut the jumper on the old ecu and still..the cell didnt go away..

my email is

integra_gsr12@hotmail.com

thanks..
Old 12-28-2006, 08:14 AM
Honda-Tech Member

We'll I don"t know if this will help, but i'll try. I am running an Obd0 LS w/ turboedit. When we first started my car I had the same problem. Seem to idle fine, but solid CEL and not reving past 3k. There are two versions of turboedit, which ment that there were two differnent basemap makers and different downloads for the stock and stable ROMs. It turned out that we were using 1/2 new version stuff and 1/2 old version stuff on the old version of turboedit. Once we figured that out we remade the basemap with the correct stuff. Solid cel went off but still wouldnt rev. Turned out that we forgot to turn launch control off of our new basemap. New it runs good. So I guess recheck your basemap, and make sure your burner is working good. Hope my situation can help yours, even though I on turbo edit, I dont know if they are even alike.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:29 AM
Honda-Tech Member

put your stock ecu in, stock injectors try to see if this problem still there? well i have a feeling your map is either hooked bad or its disconnected in some sort of way! modt car ecud that dont see the map will rev max to 3k rpm! this is from my experience!

Modified by IntegraTypeR at 11:21 PM 12/28/2006

Quick Reply: LS turbo...problems...LOTS of problems