Notices

ls Boost!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2010, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

n

Last edited by Honda-ls-hatch; 10-05-2010 at 03:23 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 05:10 AM
Retired Moderator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: ls Boost!!!!

Originally Posted by Honda-ls-hatch
Ok im wanting to boost my stock ls on about 15 pounds but i want to build the engine first. Not looking for outragous power just around 270 to 3ish.

but i dont know what parts i should get.

Skunk 2 intake, What size throttle body?
What size injectors?
Eagle rod
pistons, What brand? and compresion?
Sleeved
Cams, What brand?
Valves, springs, retaniors, What brand and should i go with stock size or over sized valves?
5 angle valve job
ported and polished

What else would i need? I have a complete tubro set.
turbo, downpipe, all piping, intercooler, boost controler, turo timer, dual blow off, Waste gate, headers.

I have gsr tranny but since i'm boosting it and would want longer gears so im not shifting every second would it be better to build the gsr with longer gears or just getting an ls tranny, Or would you recommend any other tranny?

And is 15 pounds enough or to much or to little for a daily driver?

thanks alot!
If you have to ask these type of questions, your no where close to being ready for boost.

I dont think you know what a boost controller is.. but you dont need it
IDK what a dual blow off is.. usually 1 hks,greddy, tial is enough
headers? do i really need to go into this.

There are thousands of threads like this scattered all over every honda site known to man.

Do some research because you have ALOT to learn yung grasshoppa!
Old 10-01-2010, 05:25 AM
Track Advocate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

search this thread
https://honda-tech.com/forums/forced-induction-16/lst-ls-t-turbo-b18a-b18b-setups-1323059/
Old 10-01-2010, 06:12 AM

You might want to have Tuning involved in your build. You don't necessarily need sleeving @ that boost level, but you will need a good tune. Like mentioned, there's a ton of build threads scattered all over H-T, at least one should guide you in the right direction. Good luck sir.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What hell is a turbo header? And as for 270 300 HP you can use a bone stock GSR motor, just get a better fuel pump and two steps colder spark plugs. And as im looking at all ur talking about doing to ur motor, sounds like you havnt really figured up how much this is going to cost you... If you have the money to do all that and have to ask IMO, not so bright questions, buy something better than a honda or acura...
Old 10-03-2010, 05:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Ok well i wasnt really asking for snobby remarks but alright. and yes i know i need tuning i was basiclly asking about if there were any other parts that i needed for this build and yes i do know what a boost controller is and i do know you dont need it but its nice to have... and what does a dual blow of valve sound like to you?? um.. maybe there are 2 blow off valve and read everything before you saying stupid things because it doesn't say turbo header! and thats how you learn is to ask questions jack a** oh and maybe i dont want another car?? and sounds like to me your wrong because i have figured out how much this is gonna cost. so next time maybe you could just name some parts i would need for my engine since you think you know everything about everything and stop posting sh**y remarks.. thanks!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

well from his response he did read the whole post and you said some pretty stupid crap in my opinion. I don't post much just read and learn which is what I think you should do. Why in the hell would you need 2 BOV's with 15 lbs. I run 23 on my SI and I have one greedy and it more than does the job. As far as the header comment it sounds like you are trying to mix N/A and turbo applications to me. So I think his first sentence summons it all up. You need to read or research a little more before going turbo.