Notices

LoveFab Problem... This was my last resort.

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2004, 02:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default LoveFab Problem... This was my last resort.

Well I didn't want to do this and i know i shouldn't bitch and complain but I'm just sick of this. I figured this would be the only way to draw some attention to the problem and finally get it resolved.

Ill try to make this short.

on 8/17/2003 i sent cody 650 for a SST manifold + downpipe and shipping.
on 10/24/2003 i received my manifold+DP after waiting more than 2 months

shortly after receving the manifold and other various turbo parts i lost my job, and my turbo plans came to a halt for the time being.

In feb i managed to get a new job and was agian making money and finally purchased the reaming things i needed for my turbo setup,

and then the day came to install: and in short the turbo manifold didn't fit, it hit my alternator my PS bracket and also held the hood open 3 inches. i imediately contacted cody on 4/11/04 and told him about it and provided pictures.

from that day on i have been periodicly checking in with cody, as i know he is busy but he has been giving me excuesses from : "next week" or no flanges" or "im waiting on my machinist". Other emails said he was working on it, and as time went on i got further annoyed because i know if i made a product that had a major defect i wouldn't hace the customer wait over 3 months and would not tell him there are other people waiting for manifolds too. I realize other people have manifolds on order but mine has been screwed up fromt he begining. In my mind you should fix a defective product first.

Now codys prices are at 900 for a mani, and back when i got mine it was still 500 , and its hard not to feel like hes putting me off just because he has 900 a mani coming in, why waste his time on a manifold that he isn't going to make any money on and only made 500 to begin with.

So alittle more than 2 weeks ago i had left for a 2 week vacation and upon returning i was hoping for some good news. but instead got this email on 7/6/2004
<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Tom,
I have since came out with a new manifold, dubbed the "Mini-me" They retail
for $550, right about what you payed for the SST back in the day. I would be
glad to make you one of these, as there will be NO chance of hood or
alternator interferences, and its easier for me to make, you to install.
-Cody</TD></TR></TABLE>

instead of a report on progress he wants me to get a shorty. i orginally payed for a sst equal length mani, and now im supposed to settle for a log apparently. also cody mentioned steel prices going up, and i understand that but at the time i payed what i payed and don't want to settle for less, and i should not suffer for a mistake he made.

now cody has offered a couple of times to refund my money but i have spent to much time waiting on him to just have him turn aorund and give my money back. im just asking for the problem to be fixed.

I know cody is a well respected member as i respect him too, i don't want to bad mouth him , i just wanted to share and see if we could work out this problem. im so sick of this, i basicaly don't want to even turbo my car anymore, if anyone has replys that fine, if anyone flames thats great too. ill put some pictures up later.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: LoveFab Problem... This was my last resort. (prelittlelude)

quit your crying and take the shorty manifold.everyone knows log style manifolds make more power.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:53 PM
GSRswapandslow.

dude, the minime is NOTHING like a log/shorty

it's a supierior manifold to the SST anyways.

it's got a great collector, it's easier to put on, it's lighter, and it'll probally help spool the turbo faster

you're coming out ahead on this
Old 07-06-2004, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (GSRswapandslow.)

I offered you MANY times for a refund, you said no. So, you want a manifold, a Mini-me and DP is all youre getting. And yes, you will more than likely come out on top power-wise.
The Mini-Me is NOT a log manifold by any means either...
Oh ya, last resort? What about Email? Phone call? Instead lets go on HT and try to smear my bread and butter....good idea!
Old 07-06-2004, 03:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Tinker219)

Id like to see a "log" manifold with a collector like this...

Old 07-06-2004, 03:08 PM
Rocks

Dude that is one tight *** manifold. Just give him his mani so he could stop bitching.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Rocks)

I never heard back from him on the last email I sent him...Im not goint to send him another manifold until he contacts me.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:09 PM

The guy just wants what he paid for. Whats wrong with that? A good business will do the customer right by replacing defective product with a suitable replacement for what he paid for. Just because you believe a shorty will be better for him doesn't me squat if thats not what he wants.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Cody, how much is it for that "mini" manifold and DP?
Old 07-06-2004, 03:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hoggy)

I am a business man. I am not going to take a $500 hit AND a full day of time when I could just send back $500(ok, $650 +dp) and be done with it.
Its not a ******* shorty either! ugh...people need to read.
If he wants what he payed for, than Ill send him a bunch of pipes and flanges and tell him to weld the **** together. At the time of his purchase, I was in my parents garage, no overhead, just welding. My manifold prices went up for a REASON. Since Christmas, steel has trippled in price. Let alone the quality that goes into each product now, versus then.
So, to get what he payed for....the Mini-Me MORE than does that at this point in time.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (HXMan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HXMan &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Cody, how much is it for that "mini" manifold and DP?</TD></TR></TABLE>
email me please, im not allow to post prices
Old 07-06-2004, 03:17 PM

But you built a manifold that does not fit according to him? Is this not the case? If this is the case then you owe it to him to replace the manifold. Its not good business ethics to offer a lifetime warranty on an item and then a year later say you won't replace/repair it because it costs you too much money. It would be very bad business to not take care of you customer, even if it is not best for your wallet.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (hoggy)

Im taking care of him! A superior manifold that will FIT BETTER, and perform just as well, if not BETTER than the SST. No Alternator problems, no hood clearance issues.
I see your point, but I wish you would see mine. If this is bad business than ****, I guess Im in the WRONG business...
Old 07-06-2004, 03:27 PM

I do see your point and I am not saying its wrong either, but you sold him an SST and it doesn't fit. Prices of steel going up doesn't mean much to him. He may want the SST because it looks cool, but I don't know. The fact is the manifolds that you sold when you worked out of your parents garage are what earned you credentials today. Not backing that work up now is wrong IMO. I've been a big fan of your manifolds and you work. I'm not trying to bash you, I just think what you are doing is wrong, and thats my opinion. You have yours, and the customers has his, just like everybody else on here. If you don't back up this manifold for the reasons you stated, then who is to say you won't back up somebody elses.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:30 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Tinker219 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I am a business man. I am not going to take a $500 hit AND a full day of time when I could just send back $500(ok, $650 +dp) and be done with it.
Its not a ******* shorty either! ugh...people need to read.
If he wants what he payed for, than Ill send him a bunch of pipes and flanges and tell him to weld the **** together. At the time of his purchase, I was in my parents garage, no overhead, just welding. My manifold prices went up for a REASON. Since Christmas, steel has trippled in price. Let alone the quality that goes into each product now, versus then.
So, to get what he payed for....the Mini-Me MORE than does that at this point in time.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If youre running a legit buisness, then you should replace the manifold for him since its your bad that it doesnt fit. Why didnt you just tell him that its not worth your time instead of giving him the runaround? You havent thought about the 3 months that he's been put on hold while waiting for this manifold. I dont really know the whole story, but it seems like its your bad. If I were in the same situation, Id be upset too.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Alchemist)

I am replacing the manifold...with one thatll perform better in ALL arenas....
Old 07-06-2004, 03:33 PM

Hey Cody, can I ask why you dont make shorties anymore for hondas?
Old 07-06-2004, 03:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TURBO4drTypeR)

not enough profit to justify making them, when I can use the time to make tubular manifolds...
Old 07-06-2004, 03:39 PM
HT's Biggest Loser

Within a business, a proprietor can offer you, three things.. A Warantee, A Refund, or Another product..

Seems he has offered to give you all of the above.. He is waranteeing the manifold against cracking, even tho it cant crack if it doesnt fit, granted..

But he did offer you your money back, OR another manifold, that will still carry a warantee.. You may have lost time, but you still will recieve a manifold that works well and will carry a warantee, all because cody lived up to his word..
Old 07-06-2004, 03:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LoveFab Problem... This was my last resort. (prelittlelude)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by prelittlelude &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> it hit my alternator my PS bracket</TD></TR></TABLE>
Thats an inherent design of the SST. If you are not willing to grind your brackets down, than you should go for the refund, or get the Mini-me. The hood problem is my bad, yes.
Old 07-06-2004, 03:44 PM

Thanks for the reply I guess I will have to save up for your ac friendly tubular cause I just blew about 7500 on my buildup so Im kinda low. I see that you are a respectable person thats why im not commenting to this thread(who would want a bad name for a good bussiness?)

1 comment-- GOod luck to the both of you!
Old 07-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: LoveFab Problem... This was my last resort. (Tinker219)

This is an Email from Tom, around 7:20 Pm:
"i originaly payed for the SST which is equal length which is what i want."
K, well, if you look...the 2nd and 3rd runners are around 3.5" longer than 1 and 4. Not exactly equal length(the design calls for it, not on purpose). There is 3.5" difference in the Mini-Me as well....except a lot less problems on the H22 motors...
Old 07-06-2004, 03:45 PM
Banned

Default Re: (Alchemist)

He paid for an SST that would fit. Your product did not fit as advertised. You owe him an SST manifold that does fit and you should provide him that in a very resonable amount of time.

He's not badmouthing you. He wants what he paid for. A quality manifold made by you for him at a price you both agreed upon. He stood up to his part of the bargin by paying you. Now you owe him an SST that fits.

I believe he is very understanding and patient. With this being july and all, you better bet if it was me I would have filed a BBB case months ago..........
Old 07-06-2004, 03:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (danl)

OK, would it be unfair to ask for the old products that DIDNT fit back? I did, he refused. For all I know, he could have sold the original products, and wants another set...(I saw pictures of the hood issues, but that was it). This way, maybe I could "tweak" off of the bad product?
Old 07-06-2004, 03:52 PM

I'd go with the "Mini-Me" manifold and DP over the SST manifold. Cody hasnt posted a price on the Mini me in this thread, however i know what they are retailing for and it would be a steel to take advantage of what Cody is offering you prelittlelude. The "Mini-Me" manifold will be seen on SixtyDashOne's new race car. Just goes to show this Mini-me manifold isnt just a slab together manifold to look pretty. This manifold will be race proven.

Cody is a Great business man, He's helped me in so many ways. With my honda questions and even with my SRt4.
You know he's helpful when u can contact him on a sunday on his day off and he still assisted me through the install of my Stg1 Mopar on my Srt4.

Also, I am sure he is gonna take a decent loss by giving you a Mini-Me manifold and DP. So if i were you prelittlelude i would honestly just take the Mini-Me. You will pat yourself on the back in the long run

Quick Reply: LoveFab Problem... This was my last resort.