Notices

Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block !

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2002, 09:07 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (nekkedR)

ALso, the rumor about the sleeves dropping is false. There is alot more lost info that you people are not hearing or talking about. Golden Eagle Mfg. stands behind our product and offer a warranty that protects you against sleeve dropping!
Old 11-19-2002, 09:09 AM
Boostless97Lude

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (V8KILR)

Vince does good work..... hard as hell to get a hold of on the phone sometimes, but he always takes care of his customers
Old 11-19-2002, 09:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

glad to hear vince is on here....
Old 11-19-2002, 09:14 AM
New User

OK if the sleeves were above the deck before we put it together and some are now even and lower what happened? They didn't sink did they <U></U> SHRINK then?
Old 11-19-2002, 09:27 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (Boostfed)

Then Vince please take care of this then or altleast look into it. If the numbers are correct and the sleeves measurements are off then fix the problem.
Old 11-19-2002, 09:43 AM
New User

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (BodyKits NW)

OH yeah the numbers are correct , we actually took a video of the measurements of all the sleeves for back up and also a second machine shop to confirm all this. We figured GE would deny all wrongdoings. Anyone wanna see the boring video? It clearly shows all specs of each sleeve #1 adn #4 even and #2 and #3 .0015 above the deck. Vince will I ever get a call back, did dada OK a resolution to this problem, I wasn't upset until you guys started jerking me around then ignoring my calls. It's funny how you start recommending a "STock Overbored Headgasket" afetr you started making them prior it was Cometic all the way, now you say they're no good, I wonder what Cometic would say about that. What about STR? I haven't flamed anyone or been unfair or rude, I havbe only STATED STRAIGHT FACTS! Always 2 sides of the story but then then the truth this is the TRUTH as God as my witness! I have my cell phone waiting for a call Vince, also gave you my home #!
Old 11-19-2002, 09:50 AM
Boostless97Lude

you are right, i think the secretary at GE must be a fucktard, and eats the damn phone messages or something, b/c i never get called back, and then the bitch complained one day, she was like "how come you always call, but never want to leave a message" i tolld it was b/c i never got called back so there was no point
Old 11-19-2002, 10:01 AM

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (Boosted97Lude)

I'm glad I saw this before I sent off the 4 blocks already boxed up in the back of the shop. Please post what comes of this problem.
Old 11-19-2002, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Old 11-19-2002, 10:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (apexii)

Sucks to read. Just got my block back from GE not too long ago.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:00 AM
Boostless97Lude

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (TDCPerformance)

i never even thought to check my line bore when i put mine back together, BUT... when i plastigaged everything, the clearnances were and the crank turned incredibly smooth
Old 11-19-2002, 11:01 AM
Better than steak

golden eagle.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:03 AM
New User

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (Arturbo)

golden eagle.
Your experience Art unfortunately mine and quite of few other's experiences is
Old 11-19-2002, 11:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I been running GE blcoks for the longest time. Not once did we ever have a problem. We also always checked clearances and everything. It always turned out fine.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:07 AM
New User

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (b18bturbo)

I been running GE blcoks for the longest time. Not once did we ever have a problem. We also always checked clearances and everything. It always turned out fine.
Thant's great Viren for you and others but some people have had problems and GE is doing nothing about it. I'm sure their lawyers have told them "Do not admit any fault or liability!" I've researched my case on both a legal action and also how their own business Insurance is involved!!!!!! Just because one person has great experience does not mean everyone did same vice versa we are just trying to get problems resolved!!!!!! Thanks Vince for not even replying or returning the calls.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:09 AM
Better than steak

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (b18bturbo)

Anytime you alter anything on the car you have to check everything. You cant just drop things in and expect them to work. Same thing happend at Bensons and people were talking crap about them, when I still believe they do good work. Same applies to Golden eagle, they do good work period.

There are very few machine shops in the country that know what to do with a honda motor. Look at the V8's, they have one sized bearing in most cases. Just go to the dealer and say you need the rod bearings and they hand you a bearing. In a honda they are different and you have to match the bearing with the crank.

I know you have a bad experience with them, but Im gonna stick my neck out and say they still do good work.

art
Old 11-19-2002, 11:19 AM
New User

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (Arturbo)

Sure Art but when you make a mistake step up to bat and fix it and don't ignore your customers and place all the blame on them when you know who's fault it is. MY SLEEVES SUNK!!!!! Unless they SHRUNK , now is this possible? I don't think so! I realize you prolly hung out with Vince at SEMA and he's a great guy but DAD run's the business in reality, he makes the final decisions, they don;t want to admit they had an error because they realize everyone would send their blocks back to be fixed or checked. They also had a CNC machine that was out of tolerance which was tapering and #4 was confirmed they said would be lower than the rest. Fix the problem and compensate for your error GE! If they would have taken care of me and returned my calls and delat with me this prolly would not have gotten out, I wasn't here to ruin any reputations but they ignored me. I would probably be worng if I never said anything and let many a poor people out there that have a problem thinking it was their fault! I am sorry for not bringing my story out sooner, but felt I needed to have my problem resolved first before anything, service would have been better w/o bring them out but service has been terrible regradless.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

My block looks fine, but I still have to check the clearences, hope everything turns out ok. You just use a straight edge when you found out about the sunk sleeve?

Not bad mouthing GE here, things can slip through quality control, I still have to check my own block out.
Old 11-19-2002, 11:48 AM
New User

Ted from GE said use a depth mic it is the most accurate way of checking , we used that and also another tool, can't remember the name of it, definately out of spec. Get a depth mic and chek the sleeves. I was told by a couple of machine shops it is not really the most accurate way of checking but works. I would have a reputable machine shop check it out. Good luck.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I'd use a reputable machine shop, but in the city there isn't one really.

So use a depth mic, any suggestions on a good place to order one?
Old 11-19-2002, 12:31 PM

We always recomend checking the block line bore for straightness. WE DID NOT SCREW UP THE BLOCK!!!!! Anyone who sleeves a block runs the chance of having the line bore be a little off strictly because when you remove material from a casting, it relieves stress from it which CAN, not always, cause it to warp and change shape. This is just nature of the beast. It is in no way the fault of the way we install the sleeves.Line boreing is always recommended after sleeving
Well maybe its time for you guys to start checking the align bore and to start doing it.I dont understand how a machine shop that does major work to blocks such as installing sleeves and they dont do align boring or much less even bother to check it They even know its possible that they can altered the align bore from the work that they did,thats like sending out an unfinished product.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:34 PM

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (D-Man)

well i have no idea whats going on yet...will know in a few days but im sure Golden Eagle will help work things out if things arent good....

[Modified by C-Redrum, 4:42 PM 11/19/2002]
Old 11-19-2002, 12:38 PM
New User

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (D-Man)

We always recomend checking the block line bore for straightness. WE DID NOT SCREW UP THE BLOCK!!!!! Anyone who sleeves a block runs the chance of having the line bore be a little off strictly because when you remove material from a casting, it relieves stress from it which CAN, not always, cause it to warp and change shape. This is just nature of the beast. It is in no way the fault of the way we install the sleeves.Line boreing is always recommended after sleeving

Well maybe its time for you guys to start checking the align bore and to start doing it.I dont understand how a machine shop that does major work to blocks such as installing sleeves and they dont do align boring or much less even bother to check it They even know its possible that they can altered the align bore from the work that they did,thats like sending out an unfinished product.
Well when I did speak with Vince and Ted they tell me their quality is great since they do 30-35 blocks a week, to me that is more room for error than someone only doing 5-10 blocks a week. So I don't feel that's a great answer to how did my blcok get messed up, but everyone else isn't saying anything, well alot of people have not put their blocks together and some others have been blaming themselves. Quality control will be better doing less work, seems alot of blocks needed to go out with group buys in the past, my block was part of that. The Groupbuy person isn't even helping in the matter even though him adn Ted are supposedly "Tight" Don't contact Golden Eagle only the GroupBuy person. I think McDonalds get's more oders right when it's slow than rush hour lunch time.
Old 11-19-2002, 12:40 PM
New User

Default Re: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block ! (C-Redrum)

Well looks like the sleeves on the block are too high (instead of me explaining the whole story which my mechanic and machine shop said)...My CAR HAS TO BE TAKEN APART, THE BLOCK CUT, and then put back together again...this is really disappointing, not having my car for probably another 2 or 3 weeks. We will prepare documentation for Golden Eagle as well...I should have went with the Darton Sleeve kit...
Oh yeah we have a newly sleeved block here and the sleeves are .0045-.005 above the deck but specs are .001-.003, homeskillet wanna chime in your block?
Old 11-19-2002, 01:01 PM
Better than steak

Sure Art but when you make a mistake step up to bat and fix it and don't ignore your customers and place all the blame on them when you know who's fault it is.
I agree.. If it is the fault of golden eagle, then they should take care of you. I hope you guys work it out and things turn out ok.

art

Quick Reply: Looks like Golden Eagle F'ed my block !