Notices

Looking to turbo, and I need help.

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2009, 03:36 PM
New User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Looking to turbo, and I need help.

Ok, here goes.

I am still pretty new to the tuner world, and I need some help with the next mod I would like to do. I would like to turbo my car, but I am going to need quite a few questions answered first.

I have a '95 Civic DX, with a b16a2 swap. I don't know exactly how many miles are on the the engine, as the former owner didn't know, and the gauge cluster has been replaced, so we just have no idea.

I've got a few specific parameters that I am looking to have on this mod, so I'll try to list them here.
  • I don't need too much extra power, thinking maybe about 200 horse power or so.
  • A big thing is that I want to have a system that will be compatabile with A/C. I live in Florida, and A/C is pretty much required.
  • I would hope to keep the project down to about 1000 - 1500$ don't want to break the bank too much with this. ( Is this practical? And if not, whats a good figure? )
Basically any help I can get, information wise, would greatly appreciated. I have quite a few questions. Do I need to rebuild the internals of the engine? Or if I don't push it too hard, should it be ok? I'm not trying to build a drag racer here, just something that will put a little kick in it, so I don't need a huge turbo that will wreck the rest of my engine.

I would greatly appreciate it if anybody could shoot some websites my way, the kind that would go over all the technical aspects to the build. ALL the parts that are going to be needed, and that sort of thing. Thanks.

Last edited by Crosshairs38; 06-28-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 06-28-2009, 03:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Looking to turbo, and I need help.

I don't think this is practical on that budget for a reliable setup unless you have some good hook ups
Old 06-28-2009, 04:14 PM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Looking to turbo, and I need help.

the forced induction faq's have most of the answers you are looking for.

your power goals are realistic, your budget? may be a little light UNLESS, you source your parts well and maybe take a chance on some used but quality parts.

locking because this topic has been covered, and you are encouraged to search, not just ask a new thread on an old topic.