Notices

looking for info on nitrous (preferably the zex kit)

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2002, 10:13 AM
Trial User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default looking for info on nitrous (preferably the zex kit)

i HAVE to take out a 97 M3 this year.......no if's and's or but's.....i'm thinking my best option is a jdm 4-1/carsound cat with a zex 55 nos shot.

however, i have a little problem, i know very little on the subject and want to know what would be the best set up for my application (ie: prices, fogger, direct)

also, is there anyway to install a kit without permanently moding the car?

jason
Old 05-01-2002, 10:33 AM

Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (out_a_bounz)

I'll let everyone else chime in as to what set-up they think is best. If you are seriously looking at running a 50-55 shot and are in the market for a nice "dry" kit with all the accessories to manage it/make it run well, then take a look at my post in the For Sale forum. ALL PARTS ARE BRAND NEW; NEVER INSTALLED!
https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=175523
Old 05-01-2002, 10:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (REVolution)

Dont get a dry kit. Just get a NOS single WET fogger. You will see much more gains from a wet kit, not to mention its safer.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:12 PM

Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (nfn15037)

The tranny on the M3 will probably give way with a higher shot - just my thought
Old 05-01-2002, 12:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (RealTypeR)

your gonna need a higher shot . dont go dry, i had a nos dry kit on mine and had fuel issues , i had to upgrade so single fogger wet kit.
Old 05-01-2002, 12:18 PM
New User

Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (itr206)

NOS WET=
ZEX=
NOS DIRECT PORT=
Old 05-01-2002, 01:07 PM
New User

Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (Pinhead)

NOS WET=
ZEX=
NOS DIRECT PORT=
I agree /\
Old 05-02-2002, 12:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (Buzzsaw)

NOS WET=
ZEX=
NOS DIRECT PORT=

I agree /\
I agree also, Pinheads car was FAST AS ****!!!!
Old 05-02-2002, 01:25 PM
New User

Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (nfn15037)

The single fogger wet kit is NOT to be used unless you have a turbo or a super charger, the reason being unequal fuel distribution and puddling which can cause top fires. The correct kit to use is a NOS dry manifold kit. This kit is designed and meant to be used on imports for a small but big enough horse power gain 40hp - 60hp. Anything more than a 60hp gain you'll need to look in to a direct port kit. NOS is the pioneer of nitrous use and has specifically designed the dry manifold kit to be be used with imports. Anyone that uses a single fogger wet kit can be considered a bafoone. I know I'm going to get ripped on this topic because there are a bunch of little high school kids out there that think they know everything because they saw fast and the furious and they will swear up and down that a dry kit is dangerous.

This is from NOS' website

Owners of imported vehicles can benefit from nitrous power, as NOS has developed safe, reliable and highly effective kits that produce from 40 to 60 hp for a large number of applications. Most of these employ "dry" injection technology, where the OEM fuel injection provides the required additional fuel to the motor only when the nitrous system is armed and activated at W.O.T. (wide open throttle). These systems provide excellent fuel/nitrous distribution to each cylinder, as opposed to the "wet" kits from other manufacturers. However, NOS does recommend "wet" type kits for most turbocharged and supercharged applications due to the increased air velocity and extra heat from the forced induction. With over 20 years experience, NOS knows what it takes to make power...safely and reliably!

Nitrous gets a bad name from punk kids that use the wrong kit and blow motors. I have been racing and shooting Nitrous for over 4 years now and I have done many installs in my time. From drymanifold kit to complete 200hp direct port progressive setups.

Here is a link for all you punk *** kids that now everything with your wet kits
http://www.nosnitrous.com/HiOctn/Pro...S/imports.html
Old 05-02-2002, 02:46 PM

Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (EVOCELICA)

This is exactly what I have always been told regarding Nitrous...especially when spraying a 50-60 shot on Sport Compact. This is coming from people with nearly a decade of Nitrous experience and a minimum of 5 years Sport Compact/Nitrous experience. As indicated in EVO's post, NOS does not recommend a single-fogger wet kit for import vehicles.

If you want to run a bigger shot(80-100) go with DIRECT PORT!!!

I am really tired of people telling me I'm stupid for wanting to run a DRY 50 shot. I've had several friends run very successful dry kits up to 75hp while others run 50 shot single fogger wet kits and have nothing but problems.

Old 05-02-2002, 03:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (REVolution)

i dont like dry ucz i wanted bigger than a 60 shot and any higher i was having fuel issues.
i have singel wet kit and works great. i would love direct port. but dont want to drill my manifold .
anyone can say what they want . . . but prove me someone who had issues with the wet kit and ill believe it . i talk to the nos techas all the time and they say its cool .
Old 05-02-2002, 03:12 PM
New User

I'll give you an issue with single fogger wet kits that will make you think twice about hitting the button.

I knew a guy that had a single fogger wet kit on a 94 ls integra, he was spraying a 75 shot and after running at the track he pulled in to the pits and the car died he starts it back up and all of a sudden bang like a gun shot the air filter blows the fender off the car and goes flying in to one of the staging lanes the car top fired which is the fuel that puddled in the intake manifold ignited and caught the air filter on fire and shot it thru the fender.

I'm not trying to tell you that you shouldn't run a single fogger wet kit on your itr (it's your car do what you want) all I'm saying is don't preach what is incorrect. I can understand if your to lazy to go direct port or maybe you don't have the money, but if homie is going to buy a Nitrous kit I think he deserves to know what kit he should be using.
Old 05-02-2002, 03:53 PM

I can understand if your to lazy to go direct port or maybe you don't have the money
What the **** kind of thing is that to say?

And I know plenty of people running the NX Wet kit that haven't had any problems with it. The only people with the problems are the people trying to keep up with those cars.
Old 05-02-2002, 04:23 PM
New User

Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (95GS-R)

what do you mean what the **** kind of thing is that to say you ****** putz. NX designs there foggers differently than NOS and they have pattend there foggers. Have you ever seen a NOS fogger spray fuel, it is nasty. NX fogger sprays fuel like it's an art. I still don't agree with NX's system but I think it is way better than NOS single fogger setup, but I wouldn't use either.

By the way what kind of a thing is it to mislead someone in to buying the wrong nitrous kit.

Old 05-03-2002, 05:43 AM
D Tranny Guru

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (Pinhead)

I prefer my ZEX kit.

Just a little SOHC slaying big brother DOHC.
Old 05-03-2002, 06:29 AM

NX designs there foggers differently than NOS and they have pattend there foggers. Have you ever seen a NOS fogger spray fuel, it is nasty. NX fogger sprays fuel like it's an art. I still don't agree with NX's system but I think it is way better than NOS single fogger setup.
My bad ... I thought you were trash talking all Single fogger systems, because the NX one is pretty nice.

So you think the plate kit is the only way to do nitrous right on a GS-R?
Old 05-03-2002, 06:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: looking for info on nitrous (out_a_bounz)

ive had Nitrous Works wet, Nos direct, and Zex dry...all in that order...
IMO the NOS was the best hp gains but i had to upgrade my fuel system for it to run nice...
if youre trying to keep your motor stock with no additional modding..go with Zex...easy install...you should take out that M3..just dont power shift...leaving your throttle wide open between shifting while spraying will eventually kill your engine...
Old 05-03-2002, 07:58 AM

Default Hey, i'm selling my direct port kit..if any body wants it..

I'm going turbo, so i will no longer need it. I prefer to sell it someone that has some knowledge of nitrous kits, because with the direct port kit, its a little harder to install, you know, foggers in the manifold, etc.

Well, here is what i have:
Full NOS direct port kit with 80 shot jets, ie solenoids, plumbing, switches, relays etc.
NOS Bottle warmer, with the sensor taken off.
NOS Purge Kit.
Blow down tube.
I also have a Auto meter nitrous guage, never used, with all the extras u need like steel braided hose line, adapter.
All you will need for this kit is a new Micro Switch, which cost like 20 bucks or so from nos. You can reuse my plumbing if you like, but i reccomend new ones.. couple bucks.
Oh yeah, I used this kit on my 96 LS motor, and i still have the foggers in the manifold. If you want this and you have a LS, I can ship you the manifold also, since i got a new one. So basically, you should be all set.
For everything, i want 500 shipped, or best offer. if you dont want the manifold, i'll do 440 shipped, obo
Old 05-03-2002, 08:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i dont know if your talking about the oldschool foggers, but my nos fogger is sweet,
i got the fogger 2 and they changed up the flow and spray direction for more accurate sparay patterns
like i said , i know alot of people who do it . im doing it . all the nx adds they do it on non turbo cars and get mad power from them .
fuggit .if i find problems then i will upgrade again .
Old 05-03-2002, 08:55 AM

I love my ZEX kit its fine for a low shot =55
Old 05-03-2002, 09:14 AM
New User

Default Re: Hey, i'm selling my direct port kit..if any body wants it.. (b18tdelsol)

would you consider selling your kit minus some of the extras ie purge kit, bottle blanket, bottle, gauge, manifold...ect....
Old 05-03-2002, 09:15 AM
New User

I would much diffenitly use a plate system over NX's kit but that is my prefrence.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:12 AM

I would much diffenitly use a plate system over NX's kit but that is my prefrence.
Can you tell us a little about the Celica? Inquiring minds want to know ...
Old 05-03-2002, 10:32 AM
New User

Nothing much to tell. Bought the car to get back and forth from work. It is a 5 speed with a 2.2L torquey 4 banger that is completly guttless. So Idecided to start adding some performance parts. But to my suprise the aftermarket in parts for a 94 Celica is nonexistant I did the usual lowered it put a nice set of Koni's on it added a thermal muffler and a weapon r intake. I couldn't find any other parts so I decided to make it look at little better. Purchased a Veilside bodykit and then decide to add some squeeze to it. Bought a NOS drymanifold kit off a friend installed along with a purge kit. Jetted it for a 40hp squeeze and I dropped almost 2 seconds in the quarter. I went from running with stock DX Civics to toasting Mustangs. I ran the NOS kit on my Celica for about 3 years and then decided it was time to really get in to it and I purchase a 3sgte, and am now in the process of doing the swap.
I also own a EF with a LSVtec and I also have a B16 that is plumbed with a direct port setup.
Also ran a ZC DOHC in my EF with a 50 shot via drymanifold kit.
My newest project is going to be a B16 with a 150 shot direct port progressive.
Old 05-03-2002, 10:36 AM

yeah, i will sell it minus those extra items if you want. email me for info. samthehamandpam@aol.com

Quick Reply: looking for info on nitrous (preferably the zex kit)