Look at what UPS did to my Pistons

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004, 09:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Look at what UPS did to my Pistons

Well this is rediculous. I am hoping it gets takin care of for me, but the pics speak for themselves:
This is when they were new:

And what they look like now:

and the best one,

Old 01-16-2004, 09:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

that sucks
Old 01-16-2004, 09:50 AM

Default Re: Look at what UPS did to my Pistons (VanHonda)

Damn! If you make a claim and they ask for a reciept, i would make those some 700 pistons

Unfortunatley with UPS, they will ONLY pay a max of the declared value by the shipper.

I had the same thing happen to me with a Si trunk, it was damaged by them, but since i declared it a 100 (default) value, thats all i got back was the 100 + the shipping (60.00).... I had to pay the guy back outa my own pocket, it sucked.

Old 01-16-2004, 09:55 AM

If insurance was not paid for, then they only can only give you $100. This kind of thing makes me buy the extra insurance.

Good luck with your claim ->make sure you put one in!!
Old 01-16-2004, 09:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

It looks like it was shipped USPS from the pics... But anyway, that sucks either way. Sorry man.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:04 AM

Default Re: (Cyphear)

was it ups? or usps? those careless ***** when i shipped my pistons and rods i wrap evey single piston/rod in a old t-shirt put them in a box then wrap it and put in another box
Old 01-16-2004, 10:06 AM

well, if it shot through the box like that, then it wasnt packed right..
Old 01-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (Project91CRX)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Project91CRX &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well, if it shot through the box like that, then it wasnt packed right..</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yeah...I agree.

I say it was the shipper's fault.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:11 AM
Smarter than you

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

that really sucks man.

this should be a lesson to all to take the time and spend the money to properly pack stuff when you ship it through usps, ups, fedex, airborne etc etc.. Never trust those guys.. If I were you I would take it up w/ the seller because obviously he did not pack it properly. A piston should at least be wrapped in bubble wrap inside of a box full of packing peanuts nothing less then that.
Old 01-16-2004, 10:12 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look at what UPS did to my Pistons (DIRep972)

its defiintely packaging issues. All pistons should be wrapped in bublle wrap and then put into a package of some sort. i usualyl wrap with bublle and then foam
Old 01-16-2004, 10:26 AM

Default Re: Look at what UPS did to my Pistons (DIRep972)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by DIRep972 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">that really sucks man.

this should be a lesson to all to take the time and spend the money to properly pack stuff when you ship it through usps, ups, fedex, airborne etc etc.. Never trust those guys.. If I were you I would take it up w/ the seller because obviously he did not pack it properly. A piston should at least be wrapped in bubble wrap inside of a box full of packing peanuts nothing less then that.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i second that....the shipper is the one to blame really....he didn't seem to care about the products by not wrapping them up. We all expect UPS..FedEX..etc...to throw things around...that's why when you ship something..put insurance on it..make it $500 or more..that way..they will be sure to take good care of it.

The shipper in this case...is the one to blame.
I hope he put some kinda insurance on it.

Old 01-16-2004, 11:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Terrible... absolutely terrible packaging ....

I hope you get a replacement or something out of this ...
Old 01-16-2004, 11:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: The Land Of Car Thieves/Rising Gas Prices Daygo, CA, US

even though you write fragile on a package...i bet they be slinging those packages across the room....sux....
Old 01-16-2004, 11:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (dgonzals)

maybe becuase it was in a USPS box they were like **** this thing .
I have been having alot of problems with UPS lately though. im done shipping with thme , Fed Ex has been sooo good to me and alot cheaper too . BUt nonetheless it should have been packaged better. i usually will wrap everything in like this foam padding /wrapping stuff and then line the box with the same stuff and fill with bubble wrap or peanuts from there. its only as safe as you package it . i know they are retards so i dont even give them the chance to be able to break anything. If it wasnt insured to extra they will only cover $100 worth though

good luck
Old 01-16-2004, 11:38 AM

Sounds like they werent packaged well enough... Their should be at least 1" of padding around the contents, plus padding between any loose contents to secure them from movement in transit. Just suggesting it wasnt packaged well is all.
Old 01-16-2004, 11:41 AM

DAYAM! that blows.........
Old 01-16-2004, 11:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

damn...
Old 01-16-2004, 11:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (Jdm93civic)

from the pics i say its definately the fault of the packing
Old 01-16-2004, 11:57 AM
New User

Default Re: (keebler65)

And if the packing wasn't adequate you can kiss any insurance money goodbye. Learned that one the hard way. Take it up with the seller pronto.
Old 01-16-2004, 12:09 PM

Default Re: (laughinxxx)

I have talked to the seller, they will be getting back to me today, but they have been very good about it. Depending on insurance, I am supposed to be getting hopefully a new set of pistons. I have recieved good support on this though. The pistons were packaged along with a block, inside of another box filled with peanuts.

Craig
Old 01-16-2004, 12:11 PM

Default Re: (itr206)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by itr206 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe becuase it was in a USPS box they were like **** this thing .
I have been having alot of problems with UPS lately though. im done shipping with thme , Fed Ex has been sooo good to me and alot cheaper too . </TD></TR></TABLE>

I can't stand FedEX for one reason. They have no customer center. So if something gets shipped to you they try to deliver it 3 times and then it goes back to sender...UPS will let you go pick it up, you can even call ahead and tell them not to attempt delivery. FedEX
Old 01-16-2004, 12:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Look at what UPS did to my Pistons (Silverbeast)

How were they packaged inside the box??? I'd say it's both the shipper and ups fault. The box as u can see looks kinda crushed. Also i'm pretty sure that box was thrown around and kicked around by ups. Hell i work at fedex and you don't wanna see the stuff that goes on with some of the packages. you should send it back to ups and file a damage claim.

Prod,
Fedex does have good customer service. That's the part of fedex that i work for.
Old 01-16-2004, 01:09 PM

Default Re: (Prod)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Prod &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I can't stand FedEX for one reason. They have no customer center. So if something gets shipped to you they try to deliver it 3 times and then it goes back to sender...UPS will let you go pick it up, you can even call ahead and tell them not to attempt delivery. FedEX </TD></TR></TABLE>

THey actually do have a service center. THey usually leave a Attemp to deliver notice for you if you are not home..

I usually Pick up my packages myself at the fedex station
Old 01-16-2004, 01:15 PM

Default Re: Look at what UPS did to my Pistons (flip1199)

When they were delivering my volks fedex ground, I had multiple people tell me at fedex that there is no customer counter for ground packages and if I don't get the package on the third try they'd return them to the shipper. Maybe it's just in my area thats theres no service center ?

sorry to threadjack
Old 01-16-2004, 01:28 PM

Default Re: Look at what UPS did to my Pistons (b18bturbo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b18bturbo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">its defiintely packaging issues. All pistons should be wrapped in bublle wrap and then put into a package of some sort. i usualyl wrap with bublle and then foam </TD></TR></TABLE>

I agree

Quick Reply: Look at what UPS did to my Pistons