Is this log mani worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2003, 07:40 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Is this log mani worth it?

http://www.sfu.ca/~rhui/turbos...).jpg
http://www.sfu.ca/~rhui/turbos...).JPG
http://www.sfu.ca/~rhui/turbos...).jpg

I can pick it up for $170 USD. It fits B-series engines and is ceramic-coated.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I can also get the b-bolt downpipe for any of these turbochargers... I can sell both the downpipe and manifold for 300usd + tax w/ cermaic coating as a special.

It can handle about 500 hp. It has a T25 Flange so will support T25, GT28R or the GT25R turbocharger.

It also has a 35mm Delta/TIAL gate flange if you decide to use a GT25R as the T25 and GT28R are internally wastegated. If you use an internally gated turbo, we can provide a cover plate.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What do you guys think? Will this mani support the Precision line of turbos also? I'm such a turbo noob

Finally, is the 35mm TiAL wastegate going to be able to limit boost to no more than 7-10 psi max?
Old 12-19-2003, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Is this log mani worth it? (raene)

the 35m tial can limit it to 7-10 psi. it all depends on what spring u put in there. they make a 6.5psi spring and a 9.5psi spring. you can choose which u want.
Old 12-19-2003, 09:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this log mani worth it? (SpoolnG2)

Yes, I think this manifold is worth $170. It looks like a drag manifold
Old 12-19-2003, 09:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Is this log mani worth it? (legendboy)

It looks like an ok manifold, the WG placement is actually a lot better than the drag manifold.....the only thing is that you might want to got bigger than a t25 platform for a b-series engine
Old 12-19-2003, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Is this log mani worth it? (legendboy)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by legendboy &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yes, I think this manifold is worth $170. It looks like a drag manifold</TD></TR></TABLE>

It's not a DRAG, HKS or GReddy manifold, actually. It's a new design that's coming out. The cost I was quoted was for a brand new piece also, not a used manifold. It's a cast and then ceramic coated design - does anyone know of problems with the ceramic coating that I should be informed of?

SpoolnG2, I was more worried about w/g placement and the size of the hole than the spring in the w/g... kinda like how the deltagates are supposed to generate 7psi or whatever but occasionally go much higher because they can't bleed off enough pressure

B18FLIP, wouldn't that only refer to the size of the exhaust housing? So I could still do a T3/T4, basically as in any Precision turbo? I don't think I'd want to go bigger than SC50 at the absolute maximum, and probably only SC32 size. Forgive me if that's a stupid question, this will be my first turbo setup
Old 12-19-2003, 11:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It sounds like it's just the JDM style of T-25 flange.

In any case, you will NOT be able to run a T3 style turbine housing'd turbo.
Old 12-19-2003, 11:49 AM

log manifold and a precision turbo. thats kinda wierd.
Old 12-19-2003, 12:00 PM

Default Re: (nigel)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nigel &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">log manifold and a precision turbo. thats kinda wierd.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I mean, precision style, not precision per se It's very difficult to get them locally and I can have one made to close to the same specs for much much cheaper than getting an actual precision.

Hmm, if it won't accept the common T3/T4 turbos, then it's definitely not worth it... is it possible to modify the mounting flange by slotting the attachment holes so that a T3 will bolt up?
Old 12-19-2003, 12:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: (raene)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raene &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I mean, precision style, not precision per se It's very difficult to get them locally and I can have one made to close to the same specs for much much cheaper than getting an actual precision.

Hmm, if it won't accept the common T3/T4 turbos, then it's definitely not worth it... is it possible to modify the mounting flange by slotting the attachment holes so that a T3 will bolt up?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Most likely not worth the effort.

There is a guy on the classifieds forum of HMT, that builds nice manifolds for cheap. you may want to check him out.
Old 12-19-2003, 03:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Bryson)

if you really want to run that manifold and a precision.....i think you can use their mitsubishi street turbos. I think it's basically precision SC turbo's with DSM flanges, although i'm not sure if its the same as a t25. Anyone know?

here's the link w/ specs http://www.precisionturbo.net/sportcompact.php