Notices

locations

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2007, 07:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default locations

i have a ej8 with a d16y8 and i was having problems ith where i would locate things with my turbo set up. im using a dual core radiator and a mazda 626 side mount intercooler. but i want my a/c. where can i place my condensor????behind the rad???
Old 03-02-2007, 10:55 AM
Mr. Badwrench

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: locations (raphael)

if you place the condensor behind the rad, it wont be as effecient. on 99% of the cars i have ever worked on, the condensor was either next to(honda) or in front of the rad. every other car i worked on.
Old 03-02-2007, 01:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

damn talk about sucking at making a good title.
Old 03-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: locations (blinx9900)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">damn talk about sucking at making a good title.</TD></TR></TABLE>ok thanx alot pal for ur help azzzhooee!! <TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedcivicsir &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">if you place the condensor behind the rad, it wont be as effecient. on 99% of the cars i have ever worked on, the condensor was either next to(honda) or in front of the rad. every other car i worked on.</TD></TR></TABLE>i hear that using a single radiator would not help to cool the motor down enough. i wanted to use a t3/t4 under 7-8 psi to make 200hp to the wheels by the way. u see that i will be running a good amount of boost.so i have concerns about what intercooler csn i get that will alow me to keep the a/c
Old 03-02-2007, 10:24 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raphael &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok thanx alot pal for ur help azzzhooee!! </TD></TR></TABLE>

why dont you help us all by making a proper title so when this gets archived and some noob searches they can find the info that gets shared here. that is the point of the archives, but when morons like you put crappy titles, all the info shared here is lost cause no search will bring this up.
Old 03-03-2007, 07:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

why dont you help us all by making a proper title so when this gets archived and some noob searches they can find the info that gets shared here. that is the point of the archives, but when morons like you put crappy titles, all the info shared here is lost cause no search will bring this up.</TD></TR></TABLE>yeah like u really care about noobs. ur one of those people who's only response to noobs is " go search".if u dont like the title than dont click on it azzzhoe simple as that. i dont like to make super long titles or think for 20 minutes on what the title should look like cuz to me its whats inside the thread that counts. now thanx to u, the noobs that u care so much for and other senior members will read this and wont reply to my request cuz theyll see people like u starting fights on threads because u " dont like the title"and the point of the thread will never get across to them .thanx alot
Old 03-03-2007, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raphael &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah like u really care about noobs. ur one of those people who's only response to noobs is " go search".if u dont like the title than dont click on it azzzhoe simple as that. i dont like to make super long titles or think for 20 minutes on what the title should look like cuz to me its whats inside the thread that counts. now thanx to u, the noobs that u care so much for and other senior members will read this and wont reply to my request cuz theyll see people like u starting fights on threads because u " dont like the title"and the point of the thread will never get across to them .thanx alot </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hes got a point, but also a VERY weak title.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I would look around and see if you can find a half sized radiator. If not then look into putting your condenser in front of the radiator since you are running a full size.

With the side mount ic put it on the side somewhere like it would be on the 626 and go from there.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raphael &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah like u really care about noobs. ur one of those people who's only response to noobs is " go search".if u dont like the title than dont click on it azzzhoe simple as that. i dont like to make super long titles or think for 20 minutes on what the title should look like cuz to me its whats inside the thread that counts. now thanx to u, the noobs that u care so much for and other senior members will read this and wont reply to my request cuz theyll see people like u starting fights on threads because u " dont like the title"and the point of the thread will never get across to them .thanx alot </TD></TR></TABLE>

im glad to see i have so much power over the h-tech community. and whats on the inside dosent matter if people CANT FIND THE THREAD! your a moron dude, go start another "whats jdm" discussion. and dont forget, it takes 2 to tango.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:24 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: locations (BoostedEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I would look around and see if you can find a half sized radiator. If not then look into putting your condenser in front of the radiator since you are running a full size.

With the side mount ic put it on the side somewhere like it would be on the 626 and go from there.
</TD></TR></TABLE> i c . isnt there some kinda of a heavy duty radiator that i can get.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

just stop posting in my thread and look for someone else's thread to ruin
Old 03-03-2007, 08:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

check into a Koyo or a Fluidine (SP?)
Old 03-03-2007, 08:32 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raphael &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">just stop posting in my thread and look for someone else's thread to ruin </TD></TR></TABLE>

so long as you respond, i will respong, like i said buddy, it takes 2 to tango. here ill be nice and give you some advice: why dont you just get a conventional fmic, then youll have room for your condenser.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by blinx9900 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so long as you respond, i will respong, like i said buddy, it takes 2 to tango. here ill be nice and give you some advice: why dont you just get a conventional fmic, then youll have room for your condenser.</TD></TR></TABLE>

This is just stupid......

If you even paid attention to what he was asking you would not have even said that...... he has a FULL size radiator and looking to where he should put his condenser not his side mount
Old 03-03-2007, 08:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is just stupid......

If you even paid attention to what he was asking you would not have even said that...... he has a FULL size radiator and looking to where he should put his condenser not his side mount </TD></TR></TABLE>

uhh no, he said he had a dual core, not a full size. dual core's ive seen are just thicker. here check link, half sized dual core

http://www.hondamarketplace.co...31911
Old 03-03-2007, 08:41 AM
Honda-Tech Member

hahahahaa well on me I thought he said full size

Anywho....... to the OP.... put your everything in the STOCK location and run the side mount IC on the side where it belongs..... you just have to play with everything to get it to fit
Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

also another thing you could do is to place the side mount in the center of your bumper kida like the newer miata in front and centered of the rad and cond
Old 03-03-2007, 08:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">hahahahaa well on me I thought he said full size

</TD></TR></TABLE>

all good, is there really any room to run a smic on the side though? in an ej8 that is. you can always get crazy and mount your radiaitor and smic under the rad support (like an 2 inches towards the headlights) but youd have to fab up some brackets, this will give you room to put your condenser behind your smic, but i dont knw how efficient that would be, id make sure to have one hell of a puller fan.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:48 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so even if i used my full size rad all id have to do is just put the condensor in front of it and somehow find or fabricate some extension brackets for the rad.
Old 03-03-2007, 08:49 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yes there are a couple ways that you can run a side mount..... I fabed one up on a friends EG9..... hooked it all up and made a kinda ram air thingy that forced air into it.... the good thing about it was that you couldn’t even tell that it was there

But like I said you just have to play with it to get it to work
Old 03-03-2007, 08:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by raphael &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">so even if i used my full size rad all id have to do is just put the condensor in front of it and somehow find or fabricate some extension brackets for the rad.</TD></TR></TABLE>

do you have a full sized or half sized radiator??????
Old 03-03-2007, 08:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

na its my bad i meant u full size rad which covers the the whole front
Old 03-03-2007, 08:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by BoostedEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yes there are a couple ways that you can run a side mount..... I fabed one up on a friends EG9..... hooked it all up and made a kinda ram air thingy that forced air into it.... the good thing about it was that you couldn’t even tell that it was there

But like I said you just have to play with it to get it to work</TD></TR></TABLE>howd u manage to make the ram air thing work
Old 03-03-2007, 08:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

so you have a full sized right?

I made it out of sheet metal and pop rivets...... didn’t look all that great but it worked painted it black and you couldn’t see it
Old 03-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

nice job, but yea full size

Quick Reply: locations