Notices

Lessoned Learned! Be sure your DAM fuel rail is on tight!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 08:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lessoned Learned! Be sure your DAM fuel rail is on tight!!!

For those of you experiencing any fuel cuts or ignition cuts...double check you fuel system! DOuble check your fuel rail, lines, injectors for any leaks at all!

Today i was driving and all sudden i felt my car cutting out around 5000 rpm...next thing i notice my fuel gauge literally went from a quarter to E....and plus i was smelling tons of raw gas...Popped my hood and my engine was soaked in gasoline! luckily it didnt ignite! Culprit was the nut backed out on the fuel rail and injector One was leaking...o-ring had to be replaced.

This mite of been why i was cutting out around 6000-7000 rpm when boosting....It must of been miniscual at first...slowly leaking when i boosted....and finally just gave all out...I will do further testing tomarrow to see if this is why i was cutting out in boost...

I used locked washers this time...normal washers dont cut it anymore...especailly when you have ha-sport mounts and jim fab lower mounts and shakes everything to hell...
Old 07-27-2006, 08:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

close call bro, hope you had a fire extinguisher. similar thing happened to my buddy in his STI, it burned to the ground on the side of the highway.
Old 07-27-2006, 08:53 PM

Default Re: (RTW DC2R)

Ya i need to invest in one for sure! My freind came close to burning his car down...his fuel regulator line came loose and it ignited...luckily he put it out in time before it spread! it just charcoaled the fire wall a little...
Old 07-27-2006, 10:26 PM

Default Re: (iBrandon)

Ok guys i did a few pulls...and no more ignition/fuel cut...my stock ignition works like a charm now! Boosting full 20 psi on pump now!

So for those that are having trouble...again double check your fuel system...
Old 07-29-2006, 12:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (iBrandon)

Haha brandon you're such a noob.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by iBrandon &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ya i need to invest in one for sure! My freind came close to burning his car down...his fuel regulator line came loose and it ignited...luckily he put it out in time before it spread! it just charcoaled the fire wall a little...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Are you talking about tj? If so, the denny's workers are such idiots. Haha
Oh and if it is tj, its the gay fmu that leaked.
Old 07-29-2006, 06:07 AM

I had the same thing happen to a friend of mine as well. At least it didnt catch on fire.
Old 07-29-2006, 09:08 AM
Very Emergency!!

Default Re: Lessoned Learned! Be sure your DAM fuel rail is on tight!!! (iBrandon)

damn, i had that happen to me in my friends car. he forgot to the tigthen the feed line into the fuel rail. you could literally see the gas gauge moving down. there was so much fuel everywhere that when we went around a corner, the back end started sliding due to fuel all over the rear tires. were lucky it didn't ignite.
Old 07-30-2006, 06:57 PM

Default Re: Lessoned Learned! Be sure your DAM fuel rail is on tight!!! (emotionisdead)

A similar situation has happened to me. I was having some issues with being unable to boost due to either a lack of fuel or perhaps spark. I pulled over and popped my hood and didnt see anything out of the usual. so, I turned the key position to "ON" and rushed towards the front of my hood and noticed that one of my fuel lines had collapsed which was literally spraying fuel everywhere.

cliff notes: Filled up gas tank with seven gallons expecting to get anywhere from 190-210 miles before my next fill up, but instead ended up having to refill after only 120 miles! Im thankful that the fuel didnt come in contact with in critical areas that could have potentially ignited the fuel. CHECK YOUR FUEL LINES!
Old 07-30-2006, 08:34 PM

Default Re: Lessoned Learned! Be sure your DAM fuel rail is on tight!!! (TrackSpeedRacing)

I changed my stud/nut combo on the rail to bolts only. Made installation easier and good piece of mind. Try it out.