Notices

leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 08:29 AM
B A N N E D

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add??

let me start by listing the complete fuel supply system since i'm pretty sure the problem lies somewhere in there.

-walbro 255 (not hp)
-stock tank to filter lines
- 6an feed line
-golden eagle fuel rail
-rc 750's
-b&m fpr
-stock return lines

less than 4k miles on the walbro and less than 2k miles on the rc's, the car runs fine and shows no symptons of a bad fuel pump or injectors, running 45 psi of fuel pressure. any boost over about 14-15 psi, and it starts to lean out around 6-6500 rpms. the car is tuned with crome pro and no matter how much fuel i add, it doesn't make a difference. any suggestions or similar experiences from anyone? is it possible that the walbro has gone bad so quick and if so, would it show any other symptons, because like i said, the car runs fine and afrs are affected normally to changes when running lower boost. i've had experience with bad injectors before, so i know the injectors are fine. any insight would be nice.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:00 AM

Default Re: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add?? (therealPROJEKTEG)

maybe its because you arent running "hyudaidata???"

its bad karma....
Old 10-21-2005, 09:01 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add?? (D0GMAN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D0GMAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">maybe its because you arent running "hyudaidata???"

its bad karma....</TD></TR></TABLE>

very doubtful, but thanks anyways
Old 10-21-2005, 09:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add?? (therealPROJEKTEG)

Get a new Fuel Filter
Old 10-21-2005, 09:10 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add?? (Full-Race Henry)

i forgot to mention that the filter was replaced with the pump less than 4k miles ago
Old 10-21-2005, 09:12 AM

well im guessing u said 'no matter how much fuel i add"

are you sure you know what you're doing with the software?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:15 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add?? (D0GMAN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D0GMAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">well im guessing u said 'no matter how much fuel i add"

are you sure you know what you're doing with the software?</TD></TR></TABLE>

sorry, would you like me to post specific percentages, would that really make a difference to you? the point is, the afrs are not reacting to fuel being added in to the maps, that's all that needs to be know, so stay out of my thread please dogface, go swing from mase's nutz in one of his own threads. f [_] ck you very much.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:17 AM

haha, Ok chump.

have fun blowing up your car. dick head.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:18 AM
B A N N E D

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by D0GMAN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">haha, Ok chump.

have fun blowing up your car. dick head. </TD></TR></TABLE>

well, i seriously doubt that's going to be the case, but thanks anyways
Old 10-21-2005, 09:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of map sensor are you running? I know that you know that the stock map won't read past what like 11 psi? So which one ar eyou running?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

change your o2 sensor
Old 10-21-2005, 09:21 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (mattssi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by mattssi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">What kind of map sensor are you running? I know that you know that the stock map won't read past what like 11 psi? So which one ar eyou running? </TD></TR></TABLE>

motorolla 2.5 bar. the map readings are normal. it's definitely a fuel supply problem, i just find it hard to believe the walbro could have burnt up that fast, and if it did, wouldn't it have other affects other than just lack of fuel at higher boost/rpm's?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:23 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add?? (Full-Race Henry)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Henry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">change your o2 sensor</TD></TR></TABLE>

the actual o2 sensor (wideband) i'm using is fairly new. it has less than 100 hours on it and all other readings from it are accurate.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

ive had sensors go out on me in less than 10 hours of use, how lean is it reading? what wideband are you using?
Old 10-21-2005, 09:28 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (Full-Race Henry)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Full-Race Henry &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ive had sensors go out on me in less than 10 hours of use, how lean is it reading? what wideband are you using?</TD></TR></TABLE>

i use a plx with the bosch sensor, it starts dipping in to the high 12's/low 13's and i let off. but all other readings are accurate and i can feel the car wants more fuel up top, so i don't think the wideband readings are off
Old 10-21-2005, 09:39 AM

Default Re: (therealPROJEKTEG)

hey man... i'm having the same probs too. without listing my whole setup, i'm running Crome, dsm 450s,integra fuel pump, and 2.5bar. My fuel filter was replaced about 3 months ago... its getting cold where i live and my car is parked for the winter months... but i'm gonna get a new fuel filter and go from there... i would recommend you try the same since its the cheapest place to start...

good luck! i'll definately check back.
Old 10-21-2005, 09:44 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: (unbanned_evosol)

oh gawd, don't mention that you're running crome also, then it definitely has to be the software anyways, i saw your post before about it, but i wasn't having the problem then because i wasn't running much boost at first on a fresh motor, and i've never had a similar problem on any other car that i've tuned. my suggestion to you would be to get a new fuel pump, i doubt a stock integra fuel pump flows much more than any other stock honda pump. but yeah, i'm gonna try a new filter first, just in case.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Just a suggestion. Try changing the regulator. I konow people that have had problems with the diaphram in the B&M holding the correct pressure. Also check at idle if you cycle the injectors up if the a/f changes. Good luck.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:28 AM
B A N N E D

Default Re: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add?? (Hulkdon1)

yeah, i'm really leaning towards the fpr or the fuel pump, i'll prolly throw a stock fpr on and see what it does. thanks for the advice
Old 10-21-2005, 10:36 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So i guess it wasn't the fuel rail after all. I've heard of walbros sometimes randomly crapping out so i'd check with that. Good luck man
Old 10-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Re: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add?? (Hulkdon1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hulkdon1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just a suggestion. Try changing the regulator. I konow people that have had problems with the diaphram in the B&M holding the correct pressure. Also check at idle if you cycle the injectors up if the a/f changes. Good luck.</TD></TR></TABLE>

That's what I was gonna say too. I just recently dug up some old threads on FPRs, and it seems like bad FPR's have a tendency to lean out the fuel at upper RPM/loads. Plus a lot of people didn't think the B&M FPR's were very good.
Old 10-21-2005, 05:17 PM

Default Re: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add?? (BlueShadow)

When my o2 goes out it starts to read lean at high rpm full boost, then slowly gets more and more inaccurate till its finally gone. I would buy a new sensor, you'll need one anyway sooner or later, so if it's not the problem its not like you just wasted 30 bucks.
Old 10-21-2005, 07:23 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'd try a stock FPR first, since thats the easiest. After that, i'd seriously suspect the pump. Also, any chance you pinched the fuel line anywhere?
Old 10-21-2005, 07:32 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add?? (rioninja)

This may sound really stupid and obvious, but how much gas do you have in the tank? I noticed the exact same thing happening to me on the dyno when I was just under a 1/4 tank. I thought it would be plenty since the car was stantionary, but I guess not haha Sooo I filled it up and bingo, problem solved.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:52 AM

Default Re: (therealPROJEKTEG)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by therealPROJEKTEG &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">oh gawd, don't mention that you're running crome also, then it definitely has to be the software anyways, i saw your post before about it, but i wasn't having the problem then because i wasn't running much boost at first on a fresh motor, and i've never had a similar problem on any other car that i've tuned. my suggestion to you would be to get a new fuel pump, i doubt a stock integra fuel pump flows much more than any other stock honda pump. but yeah, i'm gonna try a new filter first, just in case.</TD></TR></TABLE>

yeah... i'm pretty sure its not Crome. I reburned new maps several times just to make sure... plus it was running flawlessly @15psi for 2 weeks then when it was ready to go to the track it just started acting up. The thing is that if i run low boost a/f are just fine, even in the upper RRs.. How about you??

Quick Reply: leaning out in higher rpm's no matter how much fuel i add??