Notices

kteller is screwing me

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2005, 12:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default kteller is screwing me

Ok so here is the story i ordered 1 x 1.75" 100% Alum 180 and they sent it to me in steel. i write them an e-mail saying they sent me the wrong pipe. They wrote me back saying they will send me a form to fill out and then i can sent it back the pipe when i get the form. A week goes by and nothing so i try calling them no answer. write them another e-mail nothing. after i told them i will be calling the bbb guess what i get a e-mail back saying that i need to send out the pipe. so i e-mailed them asking for the address, about 3 days later i get the address and they say don't forget to fill out the form. i ask them if they sent the forum and in about another 3 days i get a e-mail back saying just send it. It has been a week now from when i sent the pipe and they still will not write me back or pick up the phone. The answering machine is off. What a waste of time and money i could have my car done by now. I found another company called vertex (http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vertexnow) they send better pipe for less and i get it in under a week. the pipes i did get from kteller has marks from the machines they use to bend them with. The pipes are sloppy bends, have warps in them, i was not happy with them at all!
Old 05-20-2005, 12:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: kteller is screwing me (love2xlr8integra)

weird becasue i never had any problems with kteller, maybe msg him here on hondatech?
Old 05-20-2005, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

contact him, kteller
Old 05-20-2005, 01:03 PM
Tad
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (no2unenolife)

bummer,
guess no ones perfect,
Old 05-20-2005, 01:06 PM

Hmm. Sounds similar. I ordered 6 90° stainless bends and a 4' stainless tube from Kteller, and they sent a really banged up tube and 6 aluminum bends.

After complaining for a week or so they did send me out a order of stainless bends and paid the shipping to return the aluminum ones, but I am still out several weeks of wait time and have a tube with dings all over it.

I have always heard that kteller is a good business to deal with, I am just guessing that they made some new hires in the stocking department?
Old 05-20-2005, 01:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I while ago I placed an order for a fuel pump. I messaged Kteller on AIM to see if I could get a tracking number for it, after numerous emails, because I wanted to make sure it would be here in a week, when I started my project. He seemed very irritated I asked and wasn't extremely courteous. I actually had to end up getting the tracking number from an email, he seemed very unorganized.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:27 PM

Default Re: kteller is screwing me (AccidentproWn)

I to didn't have the best experiance with him. I guess after someone is around for a lil while service tends to take a nose dive.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:55 PM

I had a really bad expierence with him too. Ordered a flange and they sent me the wrong one then It was very difficult dealing with him. I had to pay to send it back to him then after 3 weeks I get the same ******* flange send back to me after leaving a detailed note of what I needed and many conversations and phone calls on what I needed it replaced with. I ended up just keeping it and buying what I needed from someone else.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: kteller is screwing me (FOrSfEd)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by FOrSfEd &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I to didn't have the best experiance with him. I guess after someone is around for a lil while service tends to take a nose dive. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I beg to differ. We've been serving the import community since 1997 and our company's number one priority is still our customers.
Old 05-20-2005, 01:58 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: kteller is screwing me (FOrSfEd)

I had a problem getting some flanges from him with my 3" exhaust. It took awhile to get a hold of him and to ge them sent to me but I finally got the right parts. He get a from me.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by love2xlr8integra &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I found another company called vertex (http://stores.channeladvisor.com/vertexnow) they send better pipe for less and i get it in under a week. the pipes i did get from kteller has marks from the machines they use to bend them with. The pipes are sloppy bends, have warps in them, i was not happy with them at all!</TD></TR></TABLE>

Vertex gets a big from me. If you're looking for DIY parts, go to them. Very fast delivery!

Kteller has exhausts for fairly cheap. Other than that, there's no real great deals. His stainless exhaust system isn't even fully stainless, so why bother? I don't think you can avoid those marks you're talking about when they do the bends. Other companies might buff them out, or paint over them. I do, however, think he can be more careful in handling the piping. Mine was banged up pretty good. I spent a shitload of money upgrading the mild steel parts that were supposed to be stainless. I also ordered a stainless Magnaflow resonator (he used to have pictures, until I complained, then he took them down because it's deceptive advertising), but received a generic piece, and no apology. It's pretty nice looking, but the Magnaflow would've been more quiet.

I've dealt with some screw-ups from reputable companies online, but in the end, it was resolved. You shouldn't threaten to call the BBB. Try to be polite. Ask them if they can fax the form to you, or e-mail it in .pdf format.

With some exceptions, I would agree with the person who said that when a company is around for a while, and the business grows beyond their control, mistakes happen and customer service suffers. When this happens, move on to another company who does appreciate your business.
Old 05-20-2005, 09:48 PM

Ben from importparts.com you kick *** with your site and comp. i tell everyone i know to get **** from you, southbend clutch and now, vertex. When people treat me right i sell stuff for them. I have sold over 300 clutch's of southbend clutch and dont even get me started with the snap on tools i sell for my truck guy haha snap on should pay me
Old 05-20-2005, 09:53 PM

send them this in a e-mail and look they final send one back " please contact me within 24 hours or the bank will be contacting the proper authority" then they send "i have not gotting any piping back? do you have a tracking number or confirmation on the item you said you mailed back?" another e-mail sent see how long it will take them next time
Old 05-20-2005, 09:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (love2xlr8integra)

I never had a problem with mikes service .. Im getting sick of all these bullshit posts, you people ONLY post when theres a problem. Its odd that I NEVER see a post say how great a vendor is only bitching.

I'm sure Mike will take care of everything, so dont lose sleep over it.