Notices

just when i thought uberdata was starting to suck......

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2005, 04:22 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default just when i thought uberdata was starting to suck......

they come out with this:

IAT fuel trim correction
ECT fuel enrichment
Individual cylinder fuel trim correction
Advanced Closed Loop Control

and to think i was gonna dump money into AEM EMS just because of those features!!

UBERDATA!!

sorry i know......wrong forum.......but everytime someone recommends uberdata to someone else this is just another reason why they should use it......

all info and files can be downloaded here: http://uberdata.pgmfi.org/forum/index.php?board=10
Old 08-07-2005, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: just when i thought uberdata was starting to suck...... (non-VTEC)

I'm REALLY starting to like Uberdata now, glad I went this route
Old 08-07-2005, 07:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just when i thought uberdata was starting to suck...... (boostincoupe)

GOOD f*cking news!!!
Old 08-07-2005, 08:14 AM

all thanks to really bigwig. He is doing a lot of great work. To bad he isn't on here anymore.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

This sounds great! Uberdata is certinly looking more and more appealing for the DIY'er. IMO, it can't be considered a replacement for AEM EMS, but it's getting there.
Old 08-07-2005, 09:28 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Oyvind Ryeng)

SWEET!!!!!!! 1+ for the Free world
Old 08-07-2005, 09:32 AM

Default Re: (Ringbearer020)

Crome Pro > Urberdata

Start the flaming
Old 08-07-2005, 10:15 AM

Default Re: (Quad-Damage)

I think even the free Crome program is better than uberdata, especially for those running 3bar Maps
Old 08-07-2005, 10:17 AM

Default Re: (2muchPSI)

ya i noticed when it comes to 3bar or even reliability, crome outshines urberdata, because urberdata keeps adding new ****, witch is cool, but they never make sure it's super reliable before they release it, but then again it's still a beta when you download it.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just when i thought uberdata was starting to suck...... (non-VTEC)

Sweet!!

Now I just have to figure out how to use these features

I need to to some more reading up.
Old 08-07-2005, 10:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Crome > Uber > Turbo Edit.

I got Hondata S300 Coming soon so hopefully i can get a chance to play around with that. Maybe we can throw it up on your Hatch Kiel and see what we come up with
Old 08-07-2005, 11:37 AM
meetfeed

Default Re: (Quad-Damage)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Quad-Damage &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya i noticed when it comes to 3bar or even reliability, crome outshines urberdata, because urberdata keeps adding new ****, witch is cool, but they never make sure it's super reliable before they release it, but then again it's still a beta when you download it.</TD></TR></TABLE>

What are you talking about? Do you even know? Do you know what is required to make 3bar work? Very little. The problem revolved around a VERY simple fix/mistake. The problem was surrounding the Fuel Cut value not automatically writing to 8 as it should so it was setting the fuel cut to 24 which is probably -15inHG which causes a big problem. Funny thing is, Fuel cut is user editable so all you do is punch in 8 and all is well. 3bar support is ridiculous. You select the mbar table in the ROM and multiply/divide them by a number to get them to scale to 3bar. Its that basic. Most of the problem revolves around the GM 3bar being a piece of **** that is VERY inconsistant. Thats why Hondata supports the Motec 3bar. They are calibrated to be linear and have a set voltage to pressure readout.

You really have no idea what you are talking about, Uberdata hasnt added a real feature in over 6 months until last week when ECT/IAT and various other adjustments were released open source by the members on pgmfi.org. No new features have been really added. So really, where does your information come from?

Im not going to say Crome isnt more fine tuned, it is, but thats what happens over a year's work while one program has stayed relatively stagnant. And who is to blame? The users who were unwilling to help with an open source project. Obviously your perspective is from the consumer who would rather purchase than actually lend a helping hand. Thats fine, but complaining about something free is ridiculous.

There is a simple reason why programs that start off as freeware start charging, because they are giving a lot for nothing. Its either stop giving so much or start charging. You've seen which route both programs have taken.

One should be able to tolerate criticism from informed users, but tolerating criticism from the ignorant is simply not acceptable.

This is no rip on Crome, but take a look at where Crome was in September of last year and then take a look where Uberdata was at the same time. Well Uberdata is still in September of 2004 land. Crome is in August of 2005. Uberdata must have been pretty decent to hold up over 6 months before you saw a significant move towards the usage of Crome.

Either way, Im glad both programs are around, and I hope progress moves forward.
Old 08-07-2005, 11:41 AM
OG triple OG

Default Re: (meetfeed)

hondata
Old 08-07-2005, 11:55 AM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by meetfeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

What are you talking about? Do you even know? Do you know what is required to make 3bar work? Very little. The problem revolved around a VERY simple fix/mistake. The problem was surrounding the Fuel Cut value not automatically writing to 8 as it should so it was setting the fuel cut to 24 which is probably -15inHG which causes a big problem. Funny thing is, Fuel cut is user editable so all you do is punch in 8 and all is well. 3bar support is ridiculous. You select the mbar table in the ROM and multiply/divide them by a number to get them to scale to 3bar. Its that basic. Most of the problem revolves around the GM 3bar being a piece of **** that is VERY inconsistant. Thats why Hondata supports the Motec 3bar. They are calibrated to be linear and have a set voltage to pressure readout.

You really have no idea what you are talking about, Uberdata hasnt added a real feature in over 6 months until last week when ECT/IAT and various other adjustments were released open source by the members on pgmfi.org. No new features have been really added. So really, where does your information come from?

Im not going to say Crome isnt more fine tuned, it is, but thats what happens over a year's work while one program has stayed relatively stagnant. And who is to blame? The users who were unwilling to help with an open source project. Obviously your perspective is from the consumer who would rather purchase than actually lend a helping hand. Thats fine, but complaining about something free is ridiculous.

There is a simple reason why programs that start off as freeware start charging, because they are giving a lot for nothing. Its either stop giving so much or start charging. You've seen which route both programs have taken.

One should be able to tolerate criticism from informed users, but tolerating criticism from the ignorant is simply not acceptable.

This is no rip on Crome, but take a look at where Crome was in September of last year and then take a look where Uberdata was at the same time. Well Uberdata is still in September of 2004 land. Crome is in August of 2005. Uberdata must have been pretty decent to hold up over 6 months before you saw a significant move towards the usage of Crome.

Either way, Im glad both programs are around, and I hope progress moves forward.
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't of said it any better. I am glad both programs are now working well and IMO both are better than hondata. But I guess the S300 might change that, but I don't use it much.

People who don't spend the time to learn the programs are always the ones that say something negative about it. In free ware land you have to spend numerous hours figuring out how to do things. It shouldn't be handed to you on a platter. Both crome and uberdata give you the tools you need to tune basically any honda sufficiently.
Old 08-07-2005, 12:49 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by meetfeed &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Either way, Im glad both programs are around, and I hope progress moves forward.</TD></TR></TABLE>

well said for your first post..........

i still perfer UD over crome for the simple fact that it's more user friendy (for me and most others as well).

but both programs do a wonderful job if most people take the time to understand what everything does.

yes uberdata is a little behind in updates/support etc... but for a free program it does more than crome free and almost everything crome pro does which you have to pay 150USD for.