Notices

just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :)

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2003, 10:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :)

wassup guyz just thought i'd share my new early x mas gift to myself i dont have instructions do u guyz know where i can get some? any experiences with this kit will be appreciated.. thanks for lookin guys.. only if riceracist wasnt a scammer i really wanted that purge kit for this ntercooler kit.. **** scammers..
OH AND THANKS TO rOby HERE ON HT FOR HOOKIN ME UP IF U GUYZ WANT ONE JUST HIT HIM UP. AND HE HAS A NITROUS KIT FOR SALE WITH JG MANIFOLD TO GUYZ

Old 12-08-2003, 11:59 PM

Default Re: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :) (egturbo)

Looks good. Hope you get your purge kit soon.
Old 12-09-2003, 01:36 AM

Default Re: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :) (mycivicstoo(s)low)

what size bottle did you get? and how much was the bottle?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:06 AM

Default Re: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :) (silverfox)

its kinda small.. 5lbs bottle. but i hear its for more accurate squirt?
Old 12-09-2003, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Nice. When you get it installed, post some pics!
Old 12-09-2003, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

BTW, don't these kits make you run lean or something? I remember a thread awhile back about these kits making you run lean. If anyone has any info on this, please post. I am interested in these kits, but not if they make you run lean. Any truth to this or?
Old 12-09-2003, 03:20 PM

Default Re: (boostedsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW, don't these kits make you run lean or something? I remember a thread awhile back about these kits making you run lean. If anyone has any info on this, please post. I am interested in these kits, but not if they make you run lean. Any truth to this or?</TD></TR></TABLE>

lol.. i would also like to know.. but i will for sure have pics of the install wont be till i recieve my zex purge kit from riceracist if i ever get it
Old 12-09-2003, 03:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Sweet. Yea I like the kit, just want more info on it before buying it. How much did you buy yours for?
Old 12-09-2003, 05:04 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Sweet. Yea I like the kit, just want more info on it before buying it. How much did you buy yours for?</TD></TR></TABLE>

hit up roby here on ht he'll hook u up
Old 12-09-2003, 06:04 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yea, I wonder if anyone here on h-t has used an nx ntercooler. I am waiting to see what this kit actually does before buying it though.

Old 12-09-2003, 06:08 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by boostedsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">BTW, don't these kits make you run lean or something? I remember a thread awhile back about these kits making you run lean. If anyone has any info on this, please post. I am interested in these kits, but not if they make you run lean. Any truth to this or?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Considering the close proximity of your intercooler to your air filter/turbo inlet, I would NEVER spray nitrous through one of these. My friend just toasted his LS1 spraying down his intercooler because some nitrous got injested with no fuel to compensate and it began detonating.

Link
Old 12-09-2003, 06:09 PM

Ok.. perhaps I'm an idiot, but I just don't get the point of this product. I mean I understand in theory how it works by cooling the intercooler, but it has so many downsides. First of all, its bound to run through that bottle pretty damn fast so you will be blowing money on nitrous to refill it. Secondly, if you are going to spray nitrous in the effort to cool intake charge, why not just shoot a 30 shot right into the motor. Then you get the cooling plus a good bump of power and is alot more easily tuned since the amount of nitrous entering the motor is controlled. With the Ntercooler setup, I would think that it isn't controlled enought to get a reliable temp drop to be able to tune it on a Hondata or anything. Perhaps someone with more experience can explain this, but to me, it seems silly? If I was going to spray, I'd just buy a wet shot and move on with life.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Get some dyno comparisons with some sort of datalogging
Old 12-09-2003, 06:51 PM

Default Re: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :) (MayhemSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MayhemSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Ok.. perhaps I'm an idiot, but I just don't get the point of this product. I mean I understand in theory how it works by cooling the intercooler, but it has so many downsides. First of all, its bound to run through that bottle pretty damn fast so you will be blowing money on nitrous to refill it. Secondly, if you are going to spray nitrous in the effort to cool intake charge, why not just shoot a 30 shot right into the motor. Then you get the cooling plus a good bump of power and is alot more easily tuned since the amount of nitrous entering the motor is controlled. With the Ntercooler setup, I would think that it isn't controlled enought to get a reliable temp drop to be able to tune it on a Hondata or anything. Perhaps someone with more experience can explain this, but to me, it seems silly? If I was going to spray, I'd just buy a wet shot and move on with life. </TD></TR></TABLE>

i talked to a ht member and he's using it on his prelude he said that he gained 27hp with ntercooler kit. and i wont be using nitrous. imma be using c02. its cheaper. and for one i have an intake w/pipe for my turbo so no nitrous would go into my turbo if i were to use nitrous. but if ur ever in cali at the track it gets really really hot. so i think imho that this kit would work very well. i hope it works fine with just walbro intank fuel pump, 450 dsm's, and vafc. at 10 psi _
Old 12-09-2003, 07:19 PM

I live in the middle of texas, trust me I know about heat, lol. The 27hp is nothing compared to the 30+ hp you would gain from spraying the nitrous right into the motor. Get some dynos with it on and with it off.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:00 PM

Default Re: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :) (MayhemSi)

yes 30+hp with nitrous into the motor but, i think that ntercooler kit is safer. cuz u wouldnt want turbo and nitrous. my motor is bone stock i heard that its ok to run this ntercooler kit with a stock motor.
Old 12-09-2003, 08:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a thought, if it makes 27 more hp (and i've seen it make closer to 50), and it only sprays nitrous, where does the additional fuel for the 27 hp come from? That's just the problem, it doesn't come. You can tune for this deal, but you better have a nitrous fuel enrichment setup. I completely agree with mayhem si, if you want to do it, then do a single fogger before the tb. Every car i've dynoed with the intercooler kit ran WAY lean with the kit on...
Old 12-09-2003, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :) (tony1)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just a thought, if it makes 27 more hp (and i've seen it make closer to 50), and it only sprays nitrous, where does the additional fuel for the 27 hp come from? That's just the problem, it doesn't come. You can tune for this deal, but you better have a nitrous fuel enrichment setup. I completely agree with mayhem si, if you want to do it, then do a single fogger before the tb. Every car i've dynoed with the intercooler kit ran WAY lean with the kit on...</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nice valid point there Tony1. The entire reason I was interested in these kits is because the problem w/ a turbo/nos setup is the constant tuning. For instance, if i had a turbo/nos setup, then I would have my hondata tuned for it. But then, what happens if I boost and I am out of nitrous? Then the tuning would be off, so this is where I thought the ntercooler would come into play, but by you mentioning it...where does the fuel come from to compensate for the gained horsepower?

Point proven by your post. I will stay away from these ntercoolers. =]
Old 12-09-2003, 09:43 PM

Default Re: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :) (boostedsol)

hmmm but on a hot day at the track this will make it like ur running a cool night wouldnt it?? make it run a lil better..
Old 12-10-2003, 12:32 AM

Damn
Old 12-10-2003, 01:13 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tony1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Just a thought, if it makes 27 more hp (and i've seen it make closer to 50), and it only sprays nitrous, where does the additional fuel for the 27 hp come from? That's just the problem, it doesn't come. You can tune for this deal, but you better have a nitrous fuel enrichment setup. I completely agree with mayhem si, if you want to do it, then do a single fogger before the tb. Every car i've dynoed with the intercooler kit ran WAY lean with the kit on...</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont know
When me and shad (abacus racing) tuned my car we tried it at 15psi and made the 27 more whp at the same boost , but we did tune it rich he had the air/fuel around 11:8-12:0 and on the intercooler sprayer it went up to 12:4-12:5 witch is still in the rich zone and safe

and another good thing about is when guys trying to make high whp on a intercooler that's out of its Effiency level it will help cool the air charge to make it much more effiency

plus it looks cool
Old 12-10-2003, 04:34 AM

couldnt he just install the ntercooler and then richen up the AFC? or just add some more fuel pressure? i like the whole ntercooler concept and im thinking about getting one for my hatch. let me know how it goes.
Old 12-10-2003, 06:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :) (civicflnum1)

I think most use co2 instead of n2o?? Nitrous is a bit pricy for cooling the ic.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:48 AM

Default Re: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :) (legendboy)

I just dont see the benifit of this product in the long run, i mean running turbo and nos is already making things more complicated tuning wise, but this for such a little gain. I would rather just turn the boost up 1-2 psi and keep things simple but thats just me
Old 12-10-2003, 09:10 AM

Default Re: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :) (quikB18B)

pretty nice. i hope you get you other stuff.

Quick Reply: just got my new nx ntercooler kit in the mail :)