Just got my head back from CNCPort.com

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2008, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (AZSTATEPOLICE)

The setup looks good!

The head work looks clean. Bring it to Mario's place so I can check it out in person!
Old 02-28-2008, 07:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

head work looks sick!
Old 02-28-2008, 04:38 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZSTATEPOLICE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Update:

Modified by AZSTATEPOLICE at 10:08 PM 2/24/2008</TD></TR></TABLE>

What kind and size are those tires

G-Force TA's?
Old 02-28-2008, 08:51 PM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.RyWired.com
http://www.Full-Race.com

Joseph Davis
Tuning Badass

Old 02-28-2008, 08:53 PM

Default Re: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com (AZSTATEPOLICE)

nice work,?were to buy the fitting for the back of the block.
Old 02-28-2008, 09:39 PM

how much did you pay for that port? jacknife port?
Old 02-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZSTATEPOLICE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Thank you very much. I think I am the first to run a setup like this on a Honda. I have never seen anyone running a swirl-pot before in an application like this.</TD></TR></TABLE>

i was talking to an ex employee of C&R racing back in 04-05 he had a crx that he installed one of their surge tanks on. from what he was saying, the engine runs cooler, as well as constantly purge's air from the system.
Old 05-04-2008, 08:01 AM
Honda-Tech Member

any updates
Old 05-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com (Cole D)

After he assembled 98% of the car and found out that coolant was somehow getting into the #1 cylinder, he gave up and put the car back in the garage, and hasn't touched it since.

Old 05-04-2008, 10:26 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com (locash)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by locash &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">After he assembled 98% of the car and found out that coolant was somehow getting into the #1 cylinder, he gave up and put the car back in the garage, and hasn't touched it since.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
so hot right now
Old 05-04-2008, 12:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com (Bailhatch)

damn that really sux man
Old 05-04-2008, 12:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com (JRSC01GS-R)

Saw a lot of his stuff up for sale in the FI classifieds....
Old 05-04-2008, 03:30 PM

Default Re: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com (locash)

Unfortunately after all my efforts to make it to Locash's dyno for race day (multiple times) there was a reoccurring problem of coolant leaking into cylinder #1. The car ran for about 15 mins fine then water started flowing out of the downpipe. So a very late night, early morning change of the head gasket was made, went to school, then back to the shop to push it out to hand it over to Joey, but the car won again. We have yet to find out the cause of the problem. Between this car making me clinically depressed, broke, and school/finals I have not really found the time nor motivation to work on it. Until last week. Everything is out of the way and now I just need to pull the head and take a closer look. I hope its something dumb like leaving a vtec pin out or something LOL (inside joke). As of right now the car just sits, laughing at me.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tepid1 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Saw a lot of his stuff up for sale in the FI classifieds.... </TD></TR></TABLE>
Just the manifold. I am going to try something a little different. I at least want to raise hell in the neighborhood before I quit and part it out.
Old 08-27-2008, 01:15 PM

Well since my car has not made much progress and I am still waiting for my motor. I have been making the best of my time between classes at school by surfing http://www.full-race.com/forum .
Old 09-22-2008, 11:18 AM

Well here is some good news. I have a fresh ERL short block on its way back to me right now. Hope to have some #'s in about a week or two. They don't know it yet, but turboswhistle and indub will be putting the car back together for me. Hope to have all of the fluids stay inside of this one
Old 09-22-2008, 01:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What kind of valve train are you running? Looks sick!!!
Old 09-22-2008, 02:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com (VeeL_B20)

TBH, I'd take a junk block, slap the head on, and pressurize the coolant sections. I'd almost be afraid they cncported the crap out of the coolant recesses in the head, and possible JUST knicked one. I was just reading a way they check for cracks with some sort of 'red developer' stuff, maybe you have a non-visible crack in an intake port, but it starts leaking after the coolant gets hot and gets to normal ~16psi.

Sometimes machines can't replace humans.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:36 PM

Default Re: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com (HiProfile)

Thanks for the advice, but the head is perfect and crack free. My problem was far beyond a leaky head. My friend is running a head that had the same CNC program ran on it and is making over 800hp.

To the ? about what valve train it is, it is all Ferrea with ITR cams.
Old 09-23-2008, 02:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZSTATEPOLICE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> To the ? about what valve train it is, it is all Ferrea with ITR cams. </TD></TR></TABLE>

NICE!!!
Old 09-23-2008, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by AZSTATEPOLICE &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the advice, but the head is perfect and crack free. My problem was far beyond a leaky head. My friend is running a head that had the same CNC program ran on it and is making over 800hp.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you had it all x-rayed or run over with dye and developer??? You have to understand that not only were there different castings throughout the years, there is the possibility of each casting being different w/in a certain run. One head could be perfect, another could have a few air pockets right next to a coolant cavity right next to an intake port. A robotic port job and little bit of heat is all that it may need to start the water flowing into the cylinder. Cracks don't have to be visible to leak coolant. In fact, thats why they metal parts - they're usually invisible.

My point isn't 100% that it's the head, rather that you shouldn't assume anything. Like the general said in Broken Arrow, "Assumptions are the mother of all f***-ups".
Old 09-23-2008, 06:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

I hope you can get it all worked out, OP.
Sad to hear, but what an amazing CNC Port job!
Old 09-23-2008, 06:43 PM

topmounts are soooo played out

Old 09-23-2008, 07:33 PM
HT White Ops

Default Re: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com (HiProfile)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by HiProfile &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

So you had it all x-rayed or run over with dye and developer??? You have to understand that not only were there different castings throughout the years, there is the possibility of each casting being different w/in a certain run. One head could be perfect, another could have a few air pockets right next to a coolant cavity right next to an intake port. A robotic port job and little bit of heat is all that it may need to start the water flowing into the cylinder. Cracks don't have to be visible to leak coolant. In fact, thats why they metal parts - they're usually invisible.

My point isn't 100% that it's the head, rather that you shouldn't assume anything. Like the general said in Broken Arrow, "Assumptions are the mother of all f***-ups".</TD></TR></TABLE>

His problem lied elsewhere and the issue has been addressed. It was something that most would have never suspected.

Modified by SD_Lurker at 9:09 PM 9/23/2008
Old 09-23-2008, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com (Vince64)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Vince64 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">topmounts are soooo played out

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Lol, from the man who builds them best.

Once again, the head is fine, the system has been ran to full operating temp and pressure with no such failure. As I had stated prior, my problems (problem) were far beyond the head. The head was never an issue and is brilliant. I trust a machine that makes only .0005 /inch mistakes than a shaky hand of a hung over machinist. Thats neither here nor there though and just my way of justifying it. Either way, if the head was crap from honda the 8 years or so ago it was made, a hand or cnc port job would of ruined the head. Perhaps sooner.

To your comment about heat, I am no expert, but I did work next door to some CNC machines back in the day, so that practically makes me eligible to run one (Locash you in the same boat), one would think tooling and surface area temps would be lower due to the use of coolant vs. hand tools.

In all seriousness though, I started this thread to show off my paper weight of a car. Not to flex my muscles on the chemical properties of aluminum during casting, tooling, ect. or anything else I dont know about non related to me. lol. I appreciate everyones comments though. Hope to fire it up next week!

Old 09-23-2008, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

so what was it that was wrong?? would be a shame to trash such a clean block

Quick Reply: Just got my head back from CNCPort.com