Just a few custom turbo kit questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2003, 10:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just a few custom turbo kit questions

I purchased a turbonetics t60-1 hifi and a spearco intercooler, it came with the turbonetics race gate. Does anyone know if the RevHard manifold will work with these components? Also I have a 1995 GSR, does anyone make a piping kit that would work? Or should I just make my own? Also I need some injectors but I want to keep the factory computer for reliability, does anyone know what injectors will work? I need a fairly big injector because I plan on running 11's at one mile high. Any responses are greatly appreciated.
Old 04-28-2003, 10:54 AM

Default Re: Just a few custom turbo kit questions (babyteg95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by babyteg95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I purchased a turbonetics t60-1 hifi and a spearco intercooler, it came with the turbonetics race gate. Does anyone know if the RevHard manifold will work with these components? Also I have a 1995 GSR, does anyone make a piping kit that would work? Or should I just make my own? Also I need some injectors but I want to keep the factory computer for reliability, does anyone know what injectors will work? I need a fairly big injector because I plan on running 11's at one mile high. Any responses are greatly appreciated.</TD></TR></TABLE>
well your going to need to run a stand-alone if you want to run 11's reliably. The stock ecu will be a weak link if you plan to make that much power.
I sugest that you do a lot of research on this topic to get as much info about it as you can. This is a great site to get a lot of info. Things you will want to consider are.
fuel management stand-alone, vafc hack, fmu, etc....depending on you budget and goals.
building you engine, what compression to go with, what parts to use, whats required for x amount of power.
Plans for the car? street car with some track time, track car with acassional street time, full race car etc...
How much do you plan to spend?
once you figure out some of that stuff you can start looking further into the project. Figure out how much boost you will be runing and how much power you'll be making will determin what size injectors you will need and what kind of fuel management you will need to run
Old 04-28-2003, 05:56 PM

Default Re: Just a few custom turbo kit questions (b16ahybrid)

Thanks for the input. The motor is already built. It is a B18C and it is sleeved with forged arias 9.5 C/R pistons, and eagle H-beam rods. The head is ported and polished, with JUN valve springs and retainers, and a edelborck victor X manifold. The motor is hooked up to a Spoon tranny with a ACT 6 puck clutch(unsprung). I heard rumors of a injector that would work with the stock computer and big power. It is a really big injector but when hooked up to the stock computer it will work great with big power. Has anyone ever heard of these? Does anyone know if the RevHard manifold will work? Or any other cheaply priced manifold that will. And again thanks for the info.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:37 PM

Default Re: Just a few custom turbo kit questions (babyteg95)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by babyteg95 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Thanks for the input. The motor is already built. It is a B18C and it is sleeved with forged arias 9.5 C/R pistons, and eagle H-beam rods. The head is ported and polished, with JUN valve springs and retainers, and a edelborck victor X manifold. The motor is hooked up to a Spoon tranny with a ACT 6 puck clutch(unsprung). I heard rumors of a injector that would work with the stock computer and big power. It is a really big injector but when hooked up to the stock computer it will work great with big power. Has anyone ever heard of these? Does anyone know if the RevHard manifold will work? Or any other cheaply priced manifold that will. And again thanks for the info.</TD></TR></TABLE>

310cc is about as large as you can go with a stock ecu and no piggyback fuel computer. There are quite a few people runing 450cc injectors with a piggyback fuel computer such as the apex v-afc.
Try calling South Florida Performance. They make custom manifolds for most any application.

Modified by b16ahybrid at 7:59 PM 4/28/2003
Old 04-28-2003, 06:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Just a few custom turbo kit questions (b16ahybrid)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16ahybrid &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

3100c is about as large as you can go with a stock ecu and no piggyback fuel computer. </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know what you meant but man thats a ton of fuel. The injectors would be the size of Fosters beer cans.
Old 04-28-2003, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Just a few custom turbo kit questions (niedejb)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by niedejb &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

I know what you meant but man thats a ton of fuel. The injectors would be the size of Fosters beer cans.</TD></TR></TABLE>\

Nah, you could always just trim it out a little with a v-afc.
Oops thanks for catching that...