Notices

JUNKYARD TURBO HUNT

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JUNKYARD TURBO HUNT

first of all thanks for stopping by on my post.

i am trying to get a scrap yard turbo together i been searching for the cheapeast way to get a nice turbine together the only way that i can get a turboed car is to go to the scrap yard and put it together my self becouse unfortunetly thats what fits my budget and yes i know that once you are turboed one thing leads to another from turbo to manifold to hondata sometimes tunning exhaust new brake system clutch ect.

** my car and model**
1998 honda civic ex
SOHC 1.6 L V-TEC
completely stock as of now
the only thing in the engine thats not stock in the CRANE CAM SPARK PLUG CABLES I GOT .....

sooo..... i was trying to get some info on what type of CARS should i look for in the scrap yard that have the turbine that my 98 EK D16Y8 engine can push and get some nice results ?? wish i could get a ballbearing turbo but i dont think it's going to happen for me

*1-wile i am thier what other parts should i try to get that i would need ?

*2-what cars should i look for that have the turbine that my engine can push?
**1-- i want to be able to run a/c**
i am tired of pretending to be quick it's time for me to acually be quick

you can't **** on what you can't catch honda baby i got mad love for the people out thier with turboed honda it takes time, money , and passion hopefully my car can have a little taste of turbo psi lol man

i am so fake right now but all that should change.......

thanks for your time if you can help me preciate it and if you can;t help thanks anyways too

JUST SOME PICS TO LOOK AT

Modified by SOHC1.6LV-TEC at 12:37 AM 7/19/2005
Old 06-21-2005, 11:48 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUNKYARD TURBO HUNT (SOHC1.6LV-TEC)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC1.6LV-TEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

and also been running my car w/out the airintake cover where the filter is i took the filter out and removed the cover it pulls just a little quicker but i sont know if this is good for the car

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Um.. NO. Thats a good way to **** your engine. You NEED A filter. What the hell are you thinking?
Old 06-21-2005, 11:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=16

And go to that forum instead.
Also check out:
http://www.homemadeturbo.com
Old 06-21-2005, 11:59 PM

Default Re: (1995Ex_Sedan)

i have tried to click on the url address you gave me not the home made turbo but the other one to go to the forum but which one do you want me to see?
Old 06-22-2005, 01:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm doing the same thing. My dad got a T25 from a DSM he replaced the engine in and is giving it to me.

Go to http://www.homemadeturbo.com and read around. I'm putting the turbo in a 1997 civic ex. Gonna run about 6 or 7 psi after I pay these 3 speedin tickets....

EDIT: idiot, put a filter on lmao. At least put a sock over it if you can't find one. You won't feel a difference either...it's all in your head. I'd love to hear how your turbo setup would turn out ... hahaha "ooooh the air is supposed to go through the intercooler, not the exhaust?"
Old 06-22-2005, 05:11 AM
egizzle8

Default Re: (Jorsher)

Only place your gonna find a bb turbo is in japan on the s15's as far as I know.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:20 AM

Default Re: (egizzle8)

Look on old mercedes cars. My friend's girlfriend just gave her beat-*** mercedes to some donation place. Looked at the back of it and realized it said turbo. Popped the hood, found a giant snail in there. It was rusted to ****, though. Looked like a real snail that had been living near the Titanic for the last 30 years.

I got my turbo from an EVO VIII (I think). Check out Mercedes, Mitsubishis, and cars like wrecked Toyota Supras.
Old 06-22-2005, 06:22 AM

Default Re: (Jorsher)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Jorsher &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">EDIT: idiot, put a filter on lmao. At least put a sock over it if you can't find one. You won't feel a difference either...it's all in your head. I'd love to hear how your turbo setup would turn out ... hahaha "ooooh the air is supposed to go through the intercooler, not the exhaust?"</TD></TR></TABLE>

******* *******! No, that actually made me laugh. Kinda like me and my newb CAI w/ intercooler question.
Old 06-23-2005, 09:43 AM

Default Re: (nota-eg)

**what turbine would be a good balance with the engine i got d16y8 1.6l
the reson i ask is becouse i dont want a blower so big that my engine wont even spin

i would like some ideas on what turbine best balances with my engine ?
i want something where i can get instint boost

a guy out here in fort worth has a 89 hatch with the d16 i think he got a junkyard turbo together with a small intercooler system that you cant even see the car looked completely stock it was rolling on hud caps he said he got a mitsubishi turbo but i never ask the size or anything specific about it that hatch was smoking everysingle car with or with out a turbo really touchy gas peddle/...

i want something similar to what he got ..................
Old 06-23-2005, 09:59 AM
Electrician

I knew you were a teenager with the "m4d Tyt3 l0v3 f0 h0Nd4s y0!"

Get off the bandwagon.

Visit http://www.homemadeturbo.com and go from there.

Can't wait to get out of the Honda scene. Too many teens thinking Honda is the next best thing to white bread.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:01 AM

Default Re: (SOHC1.6LV-TEC)

Quick spool, look for a TD04 from a mitsubishi EVO. The housings are about the same size as your hand, and hits full boost at around 2-2.5k
Old 06-23-2005, 10:03 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (SOHC1.6LV-TEC)

Volvo, Saab, DSM's... There are a ton of cars that come equipped with turbo from the factory that your y8 can use.

I own a y8 as well and picked up a t3 off a volvo.

If you want AC/PS than you'll probably have to pick up a log manifold. (check in the sponser classifieds)

And some of these manifolds require the use of slim fans in order to give the turbo more clearance.

You do know that this site has a forced induction section right?

Old 06-23-2005, 10:06 AM

im tryin to do the same thing. i was told to look for a 14b or 16g which i think come off of talon tsi's and eclipses, correct me if im wrong plz. the 14b and 16g spool quickly though which im guessing is better for a stock sohc motor beings as how they dont have as much torque as a dohc so theyd need the turbo to kick in faster to help in lower rpms and get them up and moving quicker. im just tryin to help u out sorry if my info is wrong, sum1 tell me if it is tho dont wanna sound like i no what im talkin about and make an *** of myself.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:21 AM

Default Re: (g5civ05)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by g5civ05 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">im tryin to do the same thing. i was told to look for a 14b or 16g which i think come off of talon tsi's and eclipses, correct me if im wrong plz. the 14b and 16g spool quickly though which im guessing is better for a stock sohc motor beings as how they dont have as much torque as a dohc so theyd need the turbo to kick in faster to help in lower rpms and get them up and moving quicker. im just tryin to help u out sorry if my info is wrong, sum1 tell me if it is tho dont wanna sound like i no what im talkin about and make an *** of myself.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Small turbo's spool quick, but usually die out in the higher RPM's.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deemeetree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I knew you were a teenager with the "m4d Tyt3 l0v3 f0 h0Nd4s y0!"

Get off the bandwagon.

Can't wait to get out of the Honda scene. Too many teens thinking Honda is the next best thing to white bread.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Why is everyone on HT such a dick nowadays? Kid is asking ligitimate questions and you are acting like he asked you what color your **** was this morning. Get the ******* dick out of your ***, and if you don't have anything valuable to say get the **** off of Honda-Tech.

For most of us kids, honda's are about the best things we can get a hold of. They're cheap, reliable if you take care of them right, and are easily moddified. What's wrong with liking honda's?

Me personally, in 4 years, after I graduate from college I'm looking into buying a used M3 and jumping onto the M3 bandwagon. And how the **** is asking a turbo a question jumping onto any bandwagon. Go off yourself loser.

And<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by saxqtzk &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">http://www.homemadeturbo.com

Volvo, Saab, DSM's... There are a ton of cars that come equipped with turbo from the factory that your y8 can use.

I own a y8 as well and picked up a t3 off a volvo.

If you want AC/PS than you'll probably have to pick up a log manifold. (check in the sponser classifieds)

And some of these manifolds require the use of slim fans in order to give the turbo more clearance.

You do know that this site has a forced induction section right?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Or get a VX manifold and make your own log style manifold.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:29 AM
Electrician

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nota-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
Why is everyone on HT such a dick nowadays? Kid is asking ligitimate questions and you are acting like he asked you what color your **** was this morning. Get the ******* dick out of your ***, and if you don't have anything valuable to say get the **** off of Honda-Tech.

For most of us kids, honda's are about the best things we can get a hold of. They're cheap, reliable if you take care of them right, and are easily moddified. What's wrong with liking honda's?

Me personally, in 4 years, after I graduate from college I'm looking into buying a used M3 and jumping onto the M3 bandwagon. And how the **** is asking a turbo a question jumping onto any bandwagon. Go off yourself loser.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Do you know why you moron? If he had searched through the THOUSANDS of threads debating on what turbo to get, how to make your own turbo system, all the links to the websites that help one create a custom turbo system, he wouldn't of had to create such a long thread about it and post some bullshit pictures, which aren't allowed BTW, and waste bandwith. If he had read the rules, he wouldn't of created this thread.

But, I do see you're another teenager that is over-possessive with Honda. Easy there pilgrim, I've been here for the past couple of years and seen lots of morons like you try to stand up for Honda and make an *** out of themselves. I've contributed lots of information and help only to have some teenie bopper talk smack. Been here 30 days huh? Contribute some useful information, create a name for yourself, then talk smack.

Plus, since you're lacking reading comprehension, I linked him to http://www.homemadeturbo.com, which has lots of information on putting together turbo systems from scratch.

Thanks for playing.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:35 AM

Default Re: (Deemeetree)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deemeetree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Do you know why you moron? If he had searched through the THOUSANDS of threads debating on what turbo to get, how to make your own turbo system, all the links to the websites that help one create a custom turbo system, he wouldn't of had to create such a long thread about it and post some bullshit pictures, which aren't allowed BTW, and waste bandwith. If he had read the rules, he wouldn't of created this thread.

But, I do see you're another teenager that is over-possessive with Honda. Easy there pilgrim, I've been here for the past couple of years and seen lots of morons like you try to stand up for Honda and make an *** out of themselves. I've contributed lots of information and help only to have some teenie bopper talk smack. Been here 30 days huh? Contribute some useful information, create a name for yourself, then talk smack.

Thanks for playing.</TD></TR></TABLE>

I've been here longer than you assclown. Since March of '04, I made a reference to a website a month or so ago and got banned. Now STFU before I PYDTS.

Over-posessive? No, I know honda's arn't high class racing machienes, but at a young age its all I can afford. If I could buy a car that was fast stock I'd do it, but as of now I can't, so I drive a honda.

Yes, there are threads that are created everyday that have been answered a billion times. Just ignore the thread instead of trying to boost your thread count. Instead you decide to make some fucktard comment and boost the thread back to the top of the forum.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:40 AM
Electrician

What a turd. Reset the forum name "Dimi" in 2004. 4,000+ established since 2002. Easy there. I'm not boosting my thread count, I posted a link to a website with more information. You're nagging like a bitch on her rag which in considered boosing your count. If you don't like what I said, don't post **** about it the same way you don't want me to post my negativity.

Again, thanks for playing. Now have a cookie.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:43 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nota-eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Or get a VX manifold and make your own log style manifold.</TD></TR></TABLE>

You could and I've seen it done but in order to keep AC/PS you would need to mount the turbo almost crooked enough to clear the condenser.

You would need some sort of adapter plate that will allow the turbo to sit in an optimal position. For all that work I would just scrape the AC.

And I agree, there are plenty of threads on this site and other sites that already cover the original posters questions...

i.e. -

http://www.turbod16.com

hell even this site has the information if you used the search button.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:49 AM

Default Re: (saxqtzk)

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1263795

Best turbo write-up I've seen so far on any website. I'm about to turbo my d with a VX mani, DSM side mount, and TD04 turbo w/ uber. I'll do a write up if you want.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:51 AM
dh
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Deemeetree)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Deemeetree &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I knew you were a teenager with the "m4d Tyt3 l0v3 f0 h0Nd4s y0!"

Get off the bandwagon.

Visit http://www.homemadeturbo.com and go from there.

Can't wait to get out of the Honda scene. Too many teens thinking Honda is the next best thing to white bread.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Couldn't have said it better.
Go do your research, spend countless nights like others have reading articles, tech write ups, etc. People are willing to help out if you have a problem or a question that isn't asked 5 times a day on H-T.
Old 06-23-2005, 10:53 AM
Electrician

Default Re: (Master Shake)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Master Shake &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Couldn't have said it better.
Go do your research, spend countless nights like others have reading articles, tech write ups, etc. People are willing to help out if you have a problem or a question that isn't asked 5 times a day on H-T.</TD></TR></TABLE>

My point exactly.

Plus, we have a forum dedicated ENTIRELY to turbo and Forced Induction:

https://honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=16
Old 06-23-2005, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

As others have already said... go to a salvage yard. I got a turbo off of a DSM for $40, and my roommate got a recently rebuilt one off of an RX7 for $75.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUNKYARD TURBO HUNT (SOHC1.6LV-TEC)

quote- WISH MY COULD LOOK LIKE THAT AND HAVE THIS ENGINE ATLIEST

man people these days cant spell for beans sometimes. and turn off the damn caps lock. thanks.

but try looking for a old school volvo turbo. my friend used on for his 2001 turbo civic. the guy who did his kit just chopped up his old manifold and cuztom fab. his own. ran ok but was still pretty slow.
Old 06-23-2005, 02:48 PM
Electrician

Default Re: JUNKYARD TURBO HUNT (direct_connect)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by direct_connect &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">quote- WISH MY COULD LOOK LIKE THAT AND HAVE THIS ENGINE ATLIEST

man people these days cant spell for beans sometimes. and turn off the damn caps lock. thanks.

but try looking for a old school volvo turbo. my friend used on for his 2001 turbo civic. the guy who did his kit just chopped up his old manifold and cuztom fab. his own. ran ok but was still pretty slow.</TD></TR></TABLE>

If you're going to talk trash about someone who can't spell, at least have the decency to use proper punctuation and grammar when you do so.
Old 06-23-2005, 03:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JUNKYARD TURBO HUNT (direct_connect)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SOHC1.6LV-TEC &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">** my car and model**
1998 honda civic ex
SOHC 1.6 L V-TEC

WISH MY COULD LOOK LIKE THAT AND HAVE THIS ENGINE ATLIEST
</TD></TR></TABLE>

your car does have that engine. it's just not boosted...

Quick Reply: JUNKYARD TURBO HUNT