Notices

JRSC w/ DOHC ZC HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2004, 12:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC w/ DOHC ZC HELP!!!!

Forwarding this from the EF Forum, he can't post in the F/I Forum:

I have a DOHC ZC with the Jackson Racing Supercharger. Using the JR FMU, I cannot get my fuel pressure to drop any lower than about 58 at idle. I have posted in theZCR forum but apparently its out of their league.
As I said, I'm using the POS JR FMU and a Walboro 190l/h fuel pump. I can easily increase the fuel pressure way above 60 but it will not drop lower than 55-58. I'm guessing that I have some vacuum lines misplaced and either some advice or a diagram showing the proper placement of the hoses would be greatly appreciated.

I apologize if this has been asked before and I'm sorry that I couldn't post in the Forced Induction forum, but I know my fellow EF (ED) people can come through for me. Please help me out. It sucks to have a boosted motor but not to know what it feels like to actually run boost yet

Again, thanks in advance

Old 04-20-2004, 12:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Alright...first of all Mr. ******, its hard to get anyone to give you answers to your questions when you come off as an *******. Just words of the wise.

How do you have your vaccume lines routed?
Old 04-20-2004, 08:57 PM

Default Re: (Bryson)

Well Mr. Bryson,

Having already apologized for my rudeness and the attitude I had brought to the other site, I am now puzzled on what grounds you feel you are justified in calling me an ******* here. If you take a moment and reflect on earlier, you will not only see my sincere apology for the way I came across on theZCR.com but you will also find the lameness in yourself for referring to me once again as an *******.

There fails to be a single instance in my post that should come off as offensive to anyone, including yourself, regardless of how I may of acted earlier. Yes, I was rude and obnoxious and rather on the cocky side on the other forum. Not only did I explain myself but I apologized on more than one occasion and if you are going to carry that little mistake that was made on my part around with you for the rest of your life then you might as well disregard any posts created by a user who evenly remotely resembles a similar screen name to mine. I had no intentions of offending you. My sole purpose was to derive some sort of response and hopefully find some one who was willing to help me overcome a problem that has been perplexing me for days.

I am not very familiar with cars, thus my asking questions, and I was hoping for the chance that some one may have taken pics of how they ran their vacuum lines on the DOHC ZC with the Jackson Racing Supercharger. I'm more of a visual learner and it would make for a better understanding on my part if I could look at a picture and compare it to what I have currently setup in my engine bay.

NOTE: I have reread this post numerous times before making the actual commitment to introducing it into the mix of this thread. If you, Mr. Bryson, are still lost and need a reiteration I will spell it out one last time. I apologize for the attitude in which I portrayed when initially searching for some help. I am sorry that I offended you. I am sorry I offended theZCR.com site and I am sorry if you mistake this lengthy apology as an insult to your intelligence but I will go to any length just to make sure it marinates into your head this time: I had no intentions of offending you.

If that was at all comprehensible and you decide to help, a pic or link to a decent pic of the vacuum line setup would be greatly appreciated. Whichever the case, I thank you in advance.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Haha...w...t...f.

Ok Mr. ******.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:18 PM

Seriously, what was the point of calling me an ******* again? What exactly did you accomplish?
Old 04-20-2004, 09:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (EightyNineSi)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by EightyNineSi &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Seriously, what was the point of calling me an ******* again? What exactly did you accomplish?</TD></TR></TABLE>

When you come onto a forum as a "newb"; to which you are on theZCR.com, and post a reply that says:

"Okay, well I figured a forum dedicated specifically to the ZC would have some kind of useful knowledge base. If that was too complicated, how about a vacuum hose diagram for a ZC with the Jackson RAcing Supercharger? I hate to sound like an *** but I could of been ignored or flamed on H-T if I wanted to waste my time. If you can help, thank you very much and I cannot express my gratitude for you sacrificing a second to help some one in dire need"

Your just going to come accross as an *******. I'm just telling you this for future reference. TheZCR.com does not get nearly as much users/views as Honda-Tech.com does, and you can't expect anyone to just pop in minutes after you ask your question with the exact answer your looking for. Its just not going to happen. These forums are a message Board, not a tele-confrence. I didn't accomplish anything, nor was I trying too. Thats just what you came accross as, and no one likes to help an *******.

That is all.

After all, I'm just trying to help.
Old 04-20-2004, 09:59 PM

Okay, thanks for your help.

I made the mistake of letting my frustrations dictate my attempt at acquiring the answers I was seeking from your site, but I also feel I made more than one valid attempt at apologizing for coming off the way I did. Still to this point, I fail to believe that you recognize my apology and I can only think of so many different ways to admit self guilt. I was wrong. I cannot put it any simpler than that.

I do, however, wish that you could accept my apology(ies) and possibly help me in the right direction with my problem.

You had said that you are running your fuel pressure around 45psi and I cannot even get mine to drop below 55. It was also said that this shouldn't be a problem but I am under the impression that as boost raises, the fuel pressure will raise too high and I am not sure what the end result of that might be.

On top of all of this, for one reason or another I believe that I have some vacuum lines misrouted. The Jackson Racing Supercharger instruction manual was not written very well and hard to follow for some one with a limited knowledge of cars such as myself. If it were at all possible to post a pic of the proper locations, I would easily be able to check and fix any problems that might be found.

Any help that you could or would be willing to share would be greatly appreciated... and if you ever need some one to talk **** to somebody on your site I'd be happy to uphold that role because I know some of the way I chose to word my sentences must of thrown you for a loop or two...j/k
Old 04-21-2004, 02:01 AM

glad you 2 made up......now get this problem solved
Old 04-21-2004, 02:38 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (kshymkiw83)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by kshymkiw83 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">glad you 2 made up......now get this problem solved</TD></TR></TABLE>
Yeah seriously were here to help one another!
Old 04-21-2004, 07:20 PM

Default Re: (jdmjerk)

TTT

Old 04-21-2004, 08:58 PM

Please, is there anyone with a pic of an engine bay containing a JRSC... preferably focusing on the vacuum lines? I would be forever in debt to whomever finds it in them to post one.

Or could some one lead me in the direction of a nice 'how to' for installing the supercharger on a DOHC ZC... anybody.... I'm begging you guys.

I'm on my 10th Valium in the last hour so at least entertain me with some sort of nonsense while I search the globe for this ever elusive pic.

Thanks.