Notices

JRSC used prices?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2003, 01:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC used prices?

hey guys. i have been browsing around for a kit and noticed the used prices. one thing seems weird. the prices vary by a lot for basically the same thing.

ive seen prices go from $1200 shipped to $1800 shipped for a used kit. The condition all seems to be the same (like new condition or so) and all include the same thing. so my question is, what is a used JRSC kit in excellent condition go for?

i firmly believe that u get what u pay for. but im not quite sure what the worth is so i dont wanna oay too much. let me know your opinions. thanks

btw, the cheapest advertised price ive found for a new gsr JRSC basic kit is around $2600 shipped.
Old 05-02-2003, 01:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JRSC used prices? (Tru Dynamix)

personally i dont think it is worth the hassle or the risk of buying a used kit. many people will disagree with this, but then again a lot of them will get screwed later on. some of the many problems of buying used are:
-no warranty
-the kit could be missing many parts that will cost money to replace
-you dont know how many miles are actually on it
-you dont know if it was running 10psi + at one point, which is really hard on the blower
-you could get screwed by sending money and never getting a package
i guess personally it is worth spending the extra 800-1000 to get a nice clean brand new system, if you're going to drop well over 1000 to begin with. i dont know if this helps you, but maybe you will think twice about buying used.
Old 05-02-2003, 03:11 PM

Default Re: JRSC used prices? (keebler65)

good point.

i totally agree and thats why i was never too fond on buying used.

i used to own a TRD supercharger and when i bought it used, i was the 3rd owner. when i sold it, i just mentioned it was used for 10k miles..i bet that guy never even knew or cared or thought that he couldve been the owner. thanks, i think ill try and stick to new unless its off a car of a friend or something.
Old 05-04-2003, 06:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I bought a used kit for $1200 and had to rebuild the charger and replace all the pulleys. so I say buy new!
Old 05-04-2003, 07:04 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thats kind of dishonest then, dont you think? Telling the guy it was only used for 10k when it had been through 3 owners and who knows how many miles?

Anyway, buying a used kit is tough. You really should try and find a kit from someone well known on the board or someone you can trust. First off, everyone will say its a complete kit. It will NEVER be a complete kit. There is always some bolts, nuts, hoses, etc missing. You just have to hope that they are easily attainable from Home Depot and not the special $12 Jackson bolts. It will never be complete. I was lucky to get the kit from an honest guy on the board (Strng1dah) who included just about everything possible from a used kit. Anyone who tells you it has every nut and bolt is lying.

Second, get closeup pictures of the rotors. Make sure they are not chipped, peeling, or scratched up. Make sure the kit is one of the newer ones (not the first run) where the SC Support bracket is included.

I see so many of these kits for sale for $1200 *complete*, and in the pictures, there are missing brackets, idler pulleys, bolts, etc. You may get the kit for $1200, but youll have the car on jackstands for 2 weeks awaiting your $200 bag of parts from JR to complete the kit.

Overall, if you can find the kit from someone trustworthy at a good price, its a great buy. As long as you dont mind a few latenight runs to home depot and Pep boys during the install, you'll be OK.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:07 PM

Default Re: JRSC used prices? (newgsrdriver)

ahh, ill stay away from USED them. too many nightmares.

and FYI, the TRD charger i sold was used for 10k. from what i know at least. i only used it for literally 600 miles when i found out how SLOW my car still was. the owner before felt the same way and so did the owner before him. IF everyone was honest, the charger had roughly 10k on it. i would never lie about an item im selling. but hey, this isnt a vouch for me thread anyways.

yeah, i just talked and IMed a few people. they all told me to buy new. and well, when i sold my TRD SC used, i can honestly say it was probably 100% complete. how do i know?

i had a reputable shop around here to INSTALL AND UNINSTALL IT. i retardedly paid $1300 in labor to do both ($650 each time!) which is why i was so mad. but they had a list of every part that was needed to do the install and i saw every part there. and the buyer said he was very please with how complete it was when he did he install himself. and he loved the SC. dont know why.

ahhh, anyways, thanks for steering me the right way. ill just suck it up and buy new. o just never understood why it ranged from $1200-$1900 for a "complete kit". now i know why.
Old 05-04-2003, 12:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

since you're buying brand new, i would recommend giving http://www.velocityresources.com a call. they gave me the best price that i could find, and shipped it for free. just thought i'd let you know about them.