Notices

JRSC tuning tips

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 06:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC tuning tips

I had my Jrsc installed about 3 weeks ago, I thought it was running good but in reading some of the posts about how a jrsc should run, mine isn't running that great. I was a LACR last friday, and on my 6th pull down the track my fuel pump from jackson quit working, car died and I had to get it towed home. I set my fuel pressure with the jackson fpr to 40 at idle, is that good? I also purchased a cartech when I purchased my btc, can I run the cartech with the jackson fpr or do I have to remove the jackson one. Also I can turn the adjustment **** on my btc from full max to minimum while driving normal and under boost and nothing happens with the cars performance. My boost guage is only reading 4psi max, it might hit 5 right at about redline. I need some help, any info would be greatly appreciated. I have a 2000 civic dx d16y7. thanks.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:33 AM

Default Re: JRSC tuning tips (socalcivic)

get 440 injectors and hondata 2b. then you won't need to worry about the extra crap.
with the walboro you got from jaxon, and 440's, you don't need the fpr, and the hondata can handle your timing and fueling needs. check the intake manifold (dischrge tube) nuts and make sure they are tight (don't want boost/vacuum leaks).
you might have your base timing so far from ideal that changing the btc isn't making any difference.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC tuning tips (ronin)

4 psi boost (assuming your gage is accurate) would either be from boost leak or belt slippage. First check your belts (make sure to check both belts that are on the alternator). Boost leak would most likely be at the bypass hose near the throttle body or where the blower attaches to the intake manifold (I managed to have leaks at both of these places within a week or 2 of my install).

Once you get the boost up to where it should be check your base timing to see how far it is from stock settings. Personally I'm very near (within 2 degrees) stock setting at 6 psi boost on a GSR running 93 octane with no problems and no timing retarder. If your base timing is at or near stock your problem is most likely in the BTC.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:10 AM

Default Re: JRSC tuning tips (H22coupe)

thanks for the help, I'll check all that stuff. Where were you leaking at on the manifold. Also I can only get 91 octane here in cali, do you recommend a octane booster. Where is the bypass hose located on the throttle body, I keep hearing the word bypass and that might be my problem.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:34 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC tuning tips (socalcivic)

the bypass hose should be on the intake manifold within a few inches of where the throttle body attaches (I think your charger layout is about the same as my GSR's). The hose will be like 2 inches or so in diameter and should have a hose clamp on both ends, if not, put one on both ends. The other place I had a leak was when the four allen bolts that hold the blower to the manifold came loose which is common when loctitie is not used on the install.

In my earlier post I forgot about your BTC when I mentioned your base timing. Since you have a BTC, your base timing should be at stock as the BTC will retard when you boost. At only 6 psi on 91 octane you should not need much of a retard but that is something you might need to experiment with a bit since it is also dependent on temperature and altitude of where you are.

[Modified by H22coupe, 7:38 PM 9/5/2002]