Notices

JRSC and Torbo crx????

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2006, 10:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC and Turbo crx????

ok so I'm still a newb to FI but i went to an after party (Nopi) and there was a crx that had a Jackson racing super charger and a turbo?
This seams retarded? why the hell would you want both?
I have a vid but I'm a newb to computers so I'm trying to figure out how to "get-r-done".
I have the vid on my hitachi DVD cam... so any help on that would be cool to.

thanks in advance
jeremie
Old 09-17-2006, 10:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC and Torbo crx???? (95jeremie)

JRSC Low end with a Turbocharger Top End. Completely predictable torque graph, great for Road Racing.

Old 09-17-2006, 10:14 AM

Default Re: JRSC and Torbo crx???? (SovXietday)

ya ok i can see that but the charge temps gotta be crazy hot right?
Old 09-17-2006, 10:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 95jeremie &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ya ok i can see that but the charge temps gotta be crazy hot right?
</TD></TR></TABLE>

not really, if its intercooled well than iats should be the same as just having the jrsc.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:27 AM

Default Re: JRSC and Torbo crx???? (teg racer 877)

wow thats cool
learn soething every day
so that realy works... crazy
Old 09-17-2006, 10:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup, little complex but it works. Like I said, it's a road racing setup, not really a drag racing setup.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC and Turbo crx???? (95jeremie)

I dont get how you guys are saying its a road racing setup. The supercharger would limit the turbo. Turbos are wayy more efficient then superchargers, so the setup would pretty much be as good as the supercharger. The supercharger would limit the top end of the turbo and would make the whole setup a waste of money
Old 09-17-2006, 01:59 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: JRSC and Turbo crx???? (SiR99)

Not if the clutch on the supercharger switched off at a certain psi and the air from the turbo bypasses the supercharger alltogether.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

There's something all wrong with this.

YOU HAVE FRONT WHEEL DRIVE.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (MidShipCivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by SiR99 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I dont get how you guys are saying its a road racing setup. The supercharger would limit the turbo. Turbos are wayy more efficient then superchargers, so the setup would pretty much be as good as the supercharger. The supercharger would limit the top end of the turbo and would make the whole setup a waste of money</TD></TR></TABLE>

Not exactly. It will limit the top end of the turbo in the sense that charge temps will be a bit hotter, but not like you're stating. RMcDaniels put down well over 350whp on a sequentially boosted setup. He could have easily made a lot more. I don't think his SC was intercooled though, probably would have made all the difference.

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">There's something all wrong with this.

YOU HAVE FRONT WHEEL DRIVE.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So you're saying that making a completely predictable torque graph throughout the RPMs is hindering a FWD?! The torque graph is pretty a straight diagnal line to the top of the chart... not 80wtq and suddenly at 5K it's 350wtq.

A sudden increase in torque will spin more tires than a steadily increasing torque graph.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:36 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No dont guess.

It's called traction front wheel drives dont get it very well lateral g's dont improve much until your running monster truck tires on the front of your civic.

Get a GT28RS not happy get something bigger still not satisfied quit playing with Honda 4 cylinders and / FWD .
Old 09-17-2006, 03:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No dont guess.

It's called traction front wheel drives dont get it very well lateral g's dont improve much until your running monster truck tires on the front of your civic.

Get a GT28RS not happy get something bigger still not satisfied quit playing with Honda 4 cylinders and / FWD . </TD></TR></TABLE>

we all know that high whp fwd cars get shitty traction on street tires, that has nothing to do with this thread , if u want people to quit playing with honda 4 cylinders than why are u on HT??
Old 09-17-2006, 03:53 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">No dont guess.

Get a GT28RS not happy get something bigger still not satisfied quit playing with Honda 4 cylinders and / FWD . </TD></TR></TABLE>

I'm not a Honda yuppie, I very much so know that I'm playing with toys.

He asked a question, so it was answered. Want to spout the ****, come join me in Kills.
Old 09-17-2006, 04:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (teg racer 877)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by teg racer 877 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">we all know that high whp fwd cars get shitty traction on street tires, that has nothing to do with this thread if u want people to quit playing with honda 4 cylinders than why are u on HT?? </TD></TR></TABLE>

It was a suggestion I dont want him to get anything. Looking for TQ for road racing a Honda is a waste of cash cause my rough guess would say that the engine never see's under 5000 rpms upper range torque is excellent already.

Response from a turbocharger can be had, the right one needs to be choosen thats all.

Honda doesnt just make 4 cylinders btw.

''Come spout **** in kills''. Grow up. Where 90% of the ppl that dont own honda's go to talk complete uselessness to Honda owners. OMG I CALL BS!!!
Old 09-17-2006, 04:30 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> ''Come spout **** in kills''. Grow up. Where 90% of the ppl that dont own honda's go to talk complete uselessness to Honda owners. OMG I CALL BS!!!</TD></TR></TABLE>

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Uh huh...
Old 09-17-2006, 04:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

How about you do your self a favor and go close yourself in a door.

I'm still Honda 100% J-series power.

Old 09-17-2006, 04:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by MidShipCivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">How about you do your self a favor and go close yourself in a door.

I'm still Honda 100% J-series power.

</TD></TR></TABLE>
Old 03-06-2007, 12:43 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Boostage)

RMcDaniels didnt need an intercooler after the jrsc, b/c the jrsc was bypassed as soon as the turbo came up to boost. becides, due to the redesign of the intake manifold something like the LHT intercooler for hte jrsc would be impossible.
Old 03-06-2007, 12:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (JDogg)

dag brought it back from the dead... oops,, haha... it was linked from some other post i think
Old 03-06-2007, 03:15 PM

Default Re: (JDogg)

Oh well, it's an interesting thread. I think its funny to here all the turbo guys responses. Since I ran a supercharger for many years, I'm always going to be partial.