Notices

JRSC + Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2002, 10:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC + Nitrous?

I did a search and found a few topics on this question, but none answered the question I have. What system dry/wet/or dp is the best for the jrsc? And what company makes the best system for a 20-25 shot? Also who is running this type of setup? and do you like it?
Old 05-24-2002, 11:54 AM

Default Re: JRSC + Nitrous? (akcivic)

my understanding from when i had my jrsc and was looking into this as well is that you want a dry shot no more than 40-50 shot though. This is because you can use a smaller shot due to the cooling effect that the nitrous will be having on your intake temps it is actually just about doubling effectiveness of the shot. so lets say you spray a 25 it is actually equal to a 50 shot. now im not sure of what kind of fuel system you have for your car but you will obviously need to up your fuel pressure to make up the difference when spraying. some people have said you can spray a wet shot through the charger i just dont believe it. either way start out small and take your time make sure that you dont blow up. i would probably just go with a 10 shot at first and just keep working your way up. i believe the number for the kit you would want is NOS brand 5122 which is a dry 4cyl shot.
hope this helps
Old 05-24-2002, 12:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JRSC + Nitrous? (FatfreeEx)

actually they suggested a wet kit for already force inducted vehicles.
my fridn has a jrsc and nosed type r and has the dry kit . . and melted the #1 pisto i think it was. i have never seen anything like it .
fuel is key.
Old 05-24-2002, 12:09 PM
New User

this is the kit you want to use

We know that superchargers create a lot of horsepower. But at the same time, they also create unwanted heat. One of the greatest benefits of an NOS system is the "intercooler effect". The nitrous is injected at -127 degrees F, and, as it mixes with incoming air, intake temperatures can drop by as much as 75 degrees F. This results in a more dense intake charge. Whats more, the nitrous and extra fuel can provide a 30 - 40% increase in HP and torque. To help simplify installation, kits may be ordered pre-assembled with nozzles, pre-bent tubing, distribution blocks, gaskets, and fittings.

Call NOS and they will give you mor e information on the subject
Tech: (714) 546-0592

Old 05-24-2002, 10:10 PM

Default Re: JRSC + Nitrous? (EVOCELICA)

I would like to believe what fatfreeex had to say, and that is what I'm hearing more, a dry shot, but itr206 looks like he has alot of experience on this board based on the number of his posts. Why is a wet system better than a dry, itr206? thanks for the info
Old 05-24-2002, 10:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Generally speaking, a wet kit is better than dry because the wet kit does not need to rely on the car's fuel system for extra fuel. Wet kits spray the nitrous with the right amount of fuel for a more accurate shot.

On a JRSC car, a wet kit would be that much better than a dry kit. The SC is already pushing the FP to deliver the fuel per pound of boost, and to add nitrous on top of that, you're looking at sky high fuel pressures. A wet shot wont increase the FP, and will help intercool the charger in addition to adding more hp. I wouldn't go more than a 50 shot though and that's pushing it.

I recommend getting the NX kit set at a 35 shot. All NX kits are wet. Peace.

[Modified by THE PLAYER, 7:56 AM 5/25/2002]
Old 05-24-2002, 11:09 PM
New User

Default Re: JRSC + Nitrous? (THE PLAYER)

Generally speaking, a wet kit is better than dry because the wet kit does not need to rely on the car's fuel system for extra fuel. Wet kits spray the nitrous with the right amount of fuel for a more accurate shot.

On a JRSC car, a wet kit would be that much better than a dry kit. The SC is already pushing the FP to deliver the fuel per pound of boost, and to add nitrous on top of that, you're looking at sky high fuel pressures. A wet shot wont increase the FP, and will help intercool the charger in addition to adding more hp. I wouldn't go more than a 50 shot though and that's pushing it.

I recommend getting the NX kit set at a 35 shot. All NX kits are wet. Peace.
I've covered this subject many times, and I swear I wrote these words somewhere, sometime In otherwords, I completely agree. I've used 25shots which have given 40whp due to the cooling.
Old 05-24-2002, 11:37 PM

Default Re: JRSC + Nitrous? (VaporTrail)

I read that the wet kit takes off the coating of the impeller blades on the sc, is that true? and does anyone have any proof of that?
Old 05-24-2002, 11:40 PM
New User

no, it is not true.

The coating is teflon, which is the same stuff you use for fuel fittings. Wouldn't make much sense to use it for fuel fittings if gas ate through it, would it?

Secondly, these same style of blowers have been used for years with carbs. Carbs inject fuel in before the blower. Those guys didn't eat up blowers every week/month, and you won't either.
Old 05-25-2002, 08:27 AM

Default Re: JRSC + Nitrous? (VaporTrail)

thanks vapor trail, I appreciate the good info. Do you have this setup? or know anyone that does? How long have they been running it and how much do they squeeze?