Notices

JRSC GSR problems, HELP

Old 06-21-2006, 07:52 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC GSR problems, HELP

Hey, I just finished the install of my JRSC on my 2000 GSR. We have everything running, but I have a few problems. I'm new to JRSC, so sorry in advance for noob questions.

Heres my setup:

-Stock Car overall
-Walbro 255lph pump
-JR Map controller
-JR FMU
-Stock JRSC kit with 6lb pulley
-NGK R BKR7E copper plugs (1 step colder?)

First off, when I'm driving and push in the clutch around 3-4k rpms and let the rpms drop back to idle, they drop below idle and the car shuts off. The car doesnt seem to recover well. Second off, when I installed the colder plugs, I pulled out of the driveway after installing the BKR7E plugs (0.030 gap) and the car threw a CEL, and when we scanned the ECU, I had a misfire on all four cylinders. After that happend, we cleared the code, and put the stock platinum tipped plugs back in and it ran fine, but with some engine knock (we still have to retard the timing some more). Right now, the car is on about 8 degrees of timing, I'm running 93 octane gas, and I still get some knock when I get on the car a bit. I know the knock is probably coming from running the stock plugs, but if I put in the other plugs, I throw a CEL. Can someone help me out? Thanks.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:42 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: JRSC GSR problems, HELP (vgsr)

Anyone? Bump ^