Notices

JRSC Alternative?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 02:37 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC Alternative?

I recently bought 1999 Prelude Base (h22a4) with the SportShift transmission. I'm building a blueprint to supercharge it, and I've been looking at my options. JRSC is the easy way to go, but I've read that a lot of people are just plain dissatisfied with it.

On the other hand, Eaton has come out with some very interesting supercharger technology lately and I know Magnuson has started using it in builds for bigger blocks. I'm waiting for a response from them right now to see if they've started or plan to start building something suitable for our smaller Honda engines. If they have, I'm hoping Endyn's offer to build custom blowers still stands and I can have them build one for the Magnuson.

This (or another existing Magnuson sc) seems like the most natural alternative to the JRSC, but has anyone else cooked up something different for supercharging the h22a4? How successful was it? How expensive was it? Is my mistrust of the JRSC unwarranted?
Old 10-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: JRSC Alternative?

magnuson hasnt really offered anything in the way of the TVS style blowers just yet, they were supposed to be released in april but they have delayed it another year yet again. They do offer the MP series blowers, which are 5th generation superchargers, a slight improvement in efficiency compared to the 3rd gen blowers JRSC kits come with. One other alternative, depending on the rotation of the screws would be to use a whipple charger, which are just as efficient as the TVS style eaton blowers.

http://www.capa.com.au/prices_eaton.htm
Old 10-21-2011, 11:23 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i too have been quite curious about replacing the charger with a 4th or 5th generation design. It would be quite interesting, but im sure it be a tight fit. The 3rd gen M62 on my b16 barely clears things like the alternator, injector harness, etc.

that said im super satisfied with my JRSC. Sure its 'only' 6.6psi, but it makes my civic feel like it has a high revving V6.

As far as temps, for DD use its a non issue since you are never in boost for a long time. may get 160* tops, averaging 130+- and 110's when cruising.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:16 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Hey where do they sell the MP series blower? Do they have em for b series? I seen the MP series for the s2000 and they make damn good torque compared to any other supercharger for the s2000.
Old 10-24-2011, 09:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

none of them are made specifically to mount to any honda motor, modification would be required, and you would have to call magnuson directly for pricing
Old 10-25-2011, 10:52 AM
B*a*n*n*e*d

oh ok thanks....would you by any chance know anyone with that kit or how much modification it would require? ive been looking and have had no luck so far