Notices

JRSC , AEM FI/C TSX

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2012, 01:25 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JRSC , AEM FI/C TSX

Would like to know if anyone is actually running a JRSC from a rsx? If so did you have to do any mods? What did you do for the DBW? I know I have to use the hasport adapter plate, and I will want to buy the merc racing bracket to use the auto tensioner. I have an rsx charger at home and hoping I can use it.

Second, is anyone running an Aem Fi/c? Ive seen post of people saying it doesn't work with tsx, but Ive seen guys with tl's using this. I hear the reason is that they cannot modify the vtec engagement from 5k to 3k.. I have emailed aem, this is the email and the response

"From: ROCKY BRISSON [mailto:hyb90rid@hotmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 4:46 PM
To: sales@aemelectronics.com
Subject: Aem FI/C
Hi.

Just wondering some info.

I have a 2005 Acura Tsx with the Hondata Reflash. I will be installing a Jackson racing supercharger this summer and was hoping to use the Aem FI/C, but from what I have read on the Acura forums from guys who have tried say everything works good besides that fact that they cannot change the vtec engagement making it not possible to properly tune, Maybe they are just doing something wrong but would like to know if it is actually possible to modify vtec as I will need to go from 5k to 3k. I really do not want to use Hondata Kpro.

Thanks, any help is appreciated

Response:

Rocky,
The VTEC engagement can be changed. In the F/IC software, there is a setting for a “switched 12v output” that can be triggered to come on at any RPM or TPS value. This output can be wired to your VTEC solenoid to trigger VTEC at any RPM you would like (assuming the solenoid has sufficient oil pressure).

Beau Brown
Technical Support
AEM Performance Electronics
(310) 484-2322 x251 ""

I don't want to use kpro, or flashpro. It's just to much of a headache, using two ecu's or swapping ecu, losing cruise control, vsa etc.. I can get aem fi/c for Compared to Hondata $1200+++.

Just trying to figure some stuff out. I'm not looking to make 350whp+++. It's a daily driver and just looking to get a little extra out of the car.

Thanks guys