Notices

jg engine dynamics reputation

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2010, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jg engine dynamics reputation

http://www.jgenginedynamics.com/JGE%20main%20page.html

has any one here ever dealt with this company?their products surly looks good and their prices are reasonable..

am interested in ordering a fully built b18a from them..sleeved n fully assembled.

what do you guys think?
Old 02-28-2010, 05:30 PM
New User

Default Re: jg engine dynamics reputation

I personally would tell you keep away from them. They are a bunch of thieves down there bad customer service no one ever answers your calls and if you get a faulty build like I did from them they just will ignore you after a while and stop answering your emails. Thats a really bad company Javier, Rick and Kerrie and all his workers need to be sent to jail.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:18 PM
Honda-Tech Member

They made fun of my weight.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

had a friend deal with them... he ordered a built b20 vtec from them!

id say stay the **** away!!!!!!

1st it took him like 8 months to get it after getting the run around on the phones like stated above! yes he waited 8 months after payment was made in 100% full!!

2nd motor ran for like 20 miles and blew a head gasket at low load just breaking itt in! so we change the gasket cause we got ahold of mr javier and he said the motor was built with a 84mm head gasket but was a 85mm bore!
so we got the right gasket and yeah it still leaked so we took the head off and took it to a local machine shop and turns out it was milled at a angle! it was flat but had a .0010 from one side to the other! had endyn fix it and o-ring it to make sure it was all good!

3rd decided to pull oil pan off and turned out it had a gsr crank in it!

i mean other then that motor made great power aside from alllll the **** he had to go thru after paying like 5k for a complete build
Old 02-28-2010, 06:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

wow, i wish i would have read this before purchasing a head from them that they claim flows 314 cfm. now im a little nervous about it. Javier sounds really nice over the phone and he sounds honest. im starting to understand why the phone just rings now that ive recieved the head. im still waiting to hear from them.
Old 02-28-2010, 11:34 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there are quite a few threads on them here, and none of them are good.
Old 03-01-2010, 10:06 AM
Honda-Tech Member

think they should make a sticky about them! it seems to be the same run around over and over again
Old 03-02-2010, 12:00 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Had a friend of mine had head work done by them and he had to get it all redone! There customer service sucks! I would deff stay away from them.
Old 03-02-2010, 04:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

how the hell is he still in business?
Old 03-02-2010, 05:47 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by Mikey3000
Yeah for real.
Old 03-02-2010, 01:12 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 272 Likes on 260 Posts

I almost sent them my entire motor-head and bare block but researched a lil and was told stay away from them they do terrible work and they have messed up allot of motors good thing i diddnt send them my motor cause i heard they take like up to 8 months!! i did have a jg pro series b16 head in my possession i baught and when i decidednot to go through jg and to send my motor to laskey instead they told me they sucked and they wouldnt even think twice about working on the jg head i had they said 90% of the time they dont install the bronze valve guides correctly so i had it checked at my local machine shop and my friend noel redid the head with new seals and valve job and the head was in great shape but i sold it so i didnt run into any problems now im ditchin the whole thaught of building a motor and just gonna purchase a new head block and tranny from the dealer and build that with my jrsc/lht setup cause you cant beet the oem factory work!
Old 03-11-2010, 10:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because when you buy an Edelbrock part for any Honda/Acura, you are supporting them(JG Engine Dynamics). If you notice, all the Honda/Acura parts are JG Edelbrock, where the JG is for Javier Gutierrez of JG Engine Dynamics, but the parts for other vehicle makes are just Edelbrock.

Source: http://www.theautochannel.com/news/2...22/004036.html
Old 03-12-2010, 08:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

lol that is so old. i think edelbrock dropped jg because of his **** business reputation.
Old 03-12-2010, 12:49 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts

I believe they did. Now it just says Victor X
Old 03-12-2010, 01:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Way back in the day about 6 years ago i got a complete built B18c head from them, top notch everything. Payed a pretty penny for it. To sum up the story it would never seal to the block went through 3 headgaskets before i figured out the head was the problem. At the time there werent alot of complaints about them and i figured i was at fault not them they obviously know what their doing right?? WRONG!!!!!!!

I took it to a machine shop in town and they showed me where the head was over milled and a hairline crack that was causing it to blow head gaskets. I never recieved a refund from them and refuse to buy anything with the name JG on it. I hope they go out of buiesness soon. So yeah at least 6 years of doing crappy work and stealing peoples money.........
Old 03-12-2010, 02:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i got cams from them and they worked out good for an LS. but from what ive read over the years there engine work is blah. just get a benson/earls/golden eagle block and find a good machine shop to assemble or assemble your self
Old 03-14-2010, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

javier is a scammer i've been to his shop with my brothers and i live in montreal canada... he is a loser and he should be hung. he is the worst engine builder in the world and if your smart never order anything from them... i ordered a "turn key" product.... it was far from turn key and he said it was fully built and when i opened it up he fashioned dry sleeves into a wet block... he is a liar and a cheat. and stole my money. and javier knows if i catch him it won't be pretty. i have a parts list he sent me of my purchase and when i got my engine.. i was missing over $4500 in parts fuel pump msd ignition intake manifold work hondata ect...ect.... JG engine dynamics is a SCAM>and if javier is reading this. don't ever think just cause your in cali. that i won't comeback down there. one of these good days my friend, you wont have anything. sure he sounds nice but thats all a show he puts on....... i waited over 1 year for my setup and he gave me excuses... like two family members died THE SAME DAY and he had a heart attack. then he hurt his arm and he wanted to be the only one to build my engine he lied sooooo much he couldn't keep up with himself. that is why he doesn't answer the phone because he has people calling him threatening his LIFE. some people want this guy dead... one week after i sent him the money i caught him on some potography website showing off a new $3000 camera he got (with my money for sure) posting up pics of nothing instead of working on my motor... HE HAS NO TOOLS IN HIS POSSESION THAT INVOLVES SLEEVING OR INCREASING AIRFLOW IN YOUR HEAD. HIS SHOP IS A HOLE IN THE WALL. I HOPE NOBODY EVER MAKES THE MISTAKE I MADE. KARMA WILL FIND YOU JAVIER. YOU MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL. AND THE NEXT TIME IM IN CALI IM COMING TO SEE YOU
Old 03-14-2010, 01:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by BOOSTED_BB6
javier is a scammer i've been to his shop with my brothers and i live in montreal canada... he is a loser and he should be hung. he is the worst engine builder in the world and if your smart never order anything from them... i ordered a "turn key" product.... it was far from turn key and he said it was fully built and when i opened it up he fashioned dry sleeves into a wet block... he is a liar and a cheat. and stole my money. and javier knows if i catch him it won't be pretty. i have a parts list he sent me of my purchase and when i got my engine.. i was missing over $4500 in parts fuel pump msd ignition intake manifold work hondata ect...ect.... JG engine dynamics is a SCAM>and if javier is reading this. don't ever think just cause your in cali. that i won't comeback down there. one of these good days my friend, you wont have anything. sure he sounds nice but thats all a show he puts on....... i waited over 1 year for my setup and he gave me excuses... like two family members died THE SAME DAY and he had a heart attack. then he hurt his arm and he wanted to be the only one to build my engine he lied sooooo much he couldn't keep up with himself. that is why he doesn't answer the phone because he has people calling him threatening his LIFE. some people want this guy dead... one week after i sent him the money i caught him on some potography website showing off a new $3000 camera he got (with my money for sure) posting up pics of nothing instead of working on my motor... HE HAS NO TOOLS IN HIS POSSESION THAT INVOLVES SLEEVING OR INCREASING AIRFLOW IN YOUR HEAD. HIS SHOP IS A HOLE IN THE WALL. I HOPE NOBODY EVER MAKES THE MISTAKE I MADE. KARMA WILL FIND YOU JAVIER. YOU MAKE MY BLOOD BOIL. AND THE NEXT TIME IM IN CALI IM COMING TO SEE YOU

LOL, ya he ****ed me also on a number of things, but atleast I got my products back, but for my head on my race car the port job seems to be really nice, but had to put another 1200 dollars in labor for a correct valve job, bowl work etc.... and had to replace valves, guides everything but the springs. So I have well over 3k in my head now with out the cams! Oh well but I could not have said it any better man. I do know some people that live out that way and know him or has been there recently and they say he does have serious health problems and maybe give him 5 more years to live, But that is still no excuse to rip people off etc.....
Old 03-14-2010, 01:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i bought a custom intake manifold from him years back, didnt fit, i sent it back we had a plan on how to fix it,and 8 months later they set me back the same thing except they took there sticker logo off the plenum, **** JG if i ever drive by there shop im gonna throw something thru there window... i dont know how that Bean-er sleeps at night
Old 03-14-2010, 01:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Most people in So Ca don't even bother going to JG, there are plenty of other shops that do quality work within reasonable price. This is coming from personal experience dating back to 1992 when he was still a "machinist" and we would go to him to build our engines for the street races. He is shady back then and he is still shady today. Stay away if you know what's good for you...unless you like to burn money.
Old 03-15-2010, 03:45 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Because threads like this used to always be deleted by the mods. So you go and do a search before you buy and nothing comes up. I've fought and fought this before, thankfully this one is still here and will remain to inform people of the shady business practices that plague this industry.
Old 03-15-2010, 07:57 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by nsxmatt
Because threads like this used to always be deleted by the mods. So you go and do a search before you buy and nothing comes up. I've fought and fought this before, thankfully this one is still here and will remain to inform people of the shady business practices that plague this industry.
I understand why some of the threads have got deleted only because a company makes a mistake once in a while which it happens they are human mistakes happen so no reason to have a hater thread about a normally really good company who made a mistake and most times have jumped through hoops to correct it. However there are threads about companies who are completely the oppisite so you i understand why the mods would delete them only because its bad to have a hate-fest and destroy buisness because of a couple of mistakes. However as you can tell this has'nt got deleted and most likely due to the fact that JG does suck they have screwed people over for years and it needs to be on here to warn people that dont know any better to stay the "F" away!!!!!

When in doubt post a thread asking for other peoples experience and quality of work. No one will bash you or hate on you for asking that question. Better to ask other peoples experience with a company before spending a load of cash with them. If people tell you to stay away and you dont then dont go posting a hater thread on them you were warned.....
Old 01-02-2011, 01:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

F**K JG garbage engine builders ...... javier is a LOSER in life...
Old 01-02-2011, 04:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

ordered cams paid in full ,,waited over a year for the cams,, b4 finally getting my money back,