Notices

jay's holset powered DA!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2016, 05:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jay's holset powered DA!!

whats up Honda tech...im not the newest here but I don't post too often. I just like to lurk as a lot of us do. a little about myself, my name is Jalen, i'm 19 years old, and this is my first actual build to this caliber(which probably wont be the best in a lot of your eyes a.k.a Ballers lol) but i'm going to go for it because everyone been telling me I couldn't.
BRACE YO SELF TO READ
Anyway, I've owned two integras. 2nd generations to be exact. one half b-62p and my more recent one is g-71p and only looks good from 15ft away.

old one:

sold the shell for $50 with no motor or trans and stripped down because it had frame damage. it had your basic bolt-ons. a rare ss dc sports exhaust(for sale) and koni yellows with some sleeves.

current integra bought it with a hacked up b20 block mated to an a1 head with arp headstuds. paid way too much for it but it had a relatively clean body.

has cheap ebay coilovers,ugly tint, had a fart can which I swapped out my dc sports exhaust for, nrg woodgrain wheel and quick release, jdm one pieces I bought, cheapo headers, nardi wooden shift ****, converted to 90-91 integra bumper cheap lip and such.
I blew the motor due to lack of oil and being stupid.

ENOUGH OF THAT NONSENSE.
Turbo stuff that I've compiled over the last 2 or 3 months. mind you, I am by no means rich just doing what I can with my budget.

-Nippon racing std cast pistons with floating wrist pins
-npr nitrate coated rings
-scat forged h-beams
-holset h1c turbo with 9cm or .63 a/r hotside with 4 bolt from timsturbos
--4an vibrant oil feed line
-ebay intercooler( 27x7x2.5")
-ebay charge pipes and couplers
-turbonetics raptor bov
-ebay cast manifold
-spa bottom mount cast manifold
- tial 38mm wastgate
-12 an drain setup with 45* from the drain flange to pan to clear the block
-super tech valve seals

I'm going to upload photos in another post because photobucket is not working on my laptop. sorry for the double post.
Old 03-24-2016, 05:35 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jay's holset powered DA!!

Here's so more pictures of the things I have along with the process of pulling the engine from underneath the car in two hours(my second time)
WARNING PICTURE HEAVY!!!

New setup flipped the turbo around to make the compressor side on the passenger side. Old setup and manifold first:

Done with pictures for now until I make some more progress. My car is two hours away from me at my girlfriend's house.

My goal for this build is to make 300whp on this setup...I'be been told that this turbo is capable over it but may need to push a higher psi due to the higher range effieciency islands for holsets since they like a lot of boost. Right now my tial wastegate has a 5 psi red spring in it but with a mbc and a different spring can attain a better psi range. I plan on having everything honed and cleaned but I was planning on running just arp headstuds and a stock valvetrain. What is your guys opinion on my setup and reaching my goal? Thanks for any input or constructive criticism.
Old 03-24-2016, 06:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

What engine management are you going to use? Turbo didn't work flipped the other way?Looks good
Old 03-24-2016, 06:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

i'm thinking about using hondata s300. but i'm still trying to figure out the necessary things I have to do before I buy it. i flipped the turbo for 2 reasons. one being that the intercooler piping i got would have needed to be cut to fit on the driver side which isn't a big deal. on the spa manifold it would place the hot side too close to the block that it would touch butt up against the oil dipstick hole and it would make running the oil feed difficult. it would have to come up in between the runners haha and i wasn't willing to do that so i just flipped it and clocked the turbo as vertically as possible. worst case scenario ill sell the spa and get something else or use that super superb quality ebay cast manifold lol
Old 05-26-2016, 09:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

What's up guys I haven't posted in a minute because my main build updates are posted on g2ic. But I will update a little.

I ended up finally settling down and going with a pfab tubular log. It's a nice quality piece.
Headwork has begin on the car. As of now, I have all the exhaust valves lapped and I've began cleaning up the exhaust port with a bit of blending.

After that the head will be getting sent to a machine shop for better cleaning and inspection. But for now, I'm sending it bare.

But here are some pictures,

Here's some cylinder head pictures

Also, got the big *** 12 an fitting tapped in the oil pan

And lastly I picked up this somewhat tattered sparco rev off craigslist for $100. Win in my book. I already have sparco sidemounts for it along with the harness guides

Old 05-26-2016, 10:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice start! My wife would kill me if I laid car parts on the carpet.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:11 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Yeah man thankfully I'm not married haha and my girlfriend has hardwood floors unlike the apartment I stay in. But my mom's about ready to kill me haha her and my little sister always are complaining about me working on stuff in the house haha
Old 05-26-2016, 11:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

yessir good work, doing the same to my 92 gsr as well.
Old 05-26-2016, 11:37 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Thanks brotha! And you're going turbo with your b17?
Old 05-27-2016, 04:35 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Originally Posted by jalenda9
Thanks brotha! And you're going turbo with your b17?
yessir in the final stages of the build now and going with the silver surfer turbo!
Old 05-27-2016, 06:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

That's about to rip! What numbers are you trying to make?