Notices

jackson racing supercharger question

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 03:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default jackson racing supercharger question

Is it possible to run a intercooler or heatexchanger on a jackson racing supercharger setup. Also couldnt i get a crv pulley and wont that make 11psi. Also what whp would 11psi make. I plan on buyin a set of rc 440's and a walbro 255lph fuel pump and put some 9:1cp pistons in the bottom end with some forged eagle connecting rods. On the top end i want to use some bigger camshafts. What would be my whp after all of that.
Old 11-07-2006, 04:18 PM

Default Re: jackson racing supercharger question (integraftw98)

LHT makes an intercooler 'thing' (manifold based)

you can up the boost w/ a crv crank pulley, however, intake temps will be higher

Old 11-07-2006, 05:30 PM

What motor would this be going on? A gsr doesnt need bigger cams, it might hurt you. If your buying bigger injectors, I would go bigger, it gives more room for improvement.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The intercooler is at http://www.lhtperformance.net. It works very well.

Don't go as low as 9:1, I wouldn't go any lower than 10:1. My new motor that I'm building for 10 PSI from a JRSC will be 11:1.

Buy bigger injectors, RC750's cost the same as 440's and SC's like fuel.

GSR intake cam, ITR exhaust cam.

All this info, and much more, can be found in the massive JRSC thread:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1214810&page=1

Good luck with it.

Old 11-09-2006, 07:36 AM

sorry to somewhat jack the thread but will i still be able to use my throttle cable with the jrsc if i have a skunk2 im? or will i have to get a longer throttle cable?
thanks and again sorry to thread jack.
Old 11-09-2006, 07:57 AM

Its going on a b18c1 in a gsr integra. Okay so the stock compression of 10:6/1 would work just fine. Also I should just keep the stock gsr cams right. So I should start out with the 8psi pulley then work my way up. Or just buy the 10psi pulley from the start. I know that the bigger the pulley the more heat.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:02 PM

Compression is fine, cams are fine. I would start out with the 10 psi pulley, but thats just me. I was running 12 psi on a stock motor, with no intercooler for a couple of years and was content.
Old 11-10-2006, 07:32 AM

Default Re: jackson racing supercharger question (sc4dr)

i would up the boost with the crank pulley or the alt. pulley ..not the blower pulley because they slip often.. you can sandblast where the belt sits to stop that.. but the other way is easier... ohh 10 lbs is fine but i would get meth/water injection alot cheeper than the Lht and just as good although lht makes great product's .. there S tube with a short intake work good
Old 11-10-2006, 08:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: jackson racing supercharger question (icivicracer)

The LHT intercooler works much better on my setup than water/methanol injection did. Water/methanol injection is a band-aid for knock-limited applications, while the LHT setup is an actual intercooler that dramatically lowers intake temps full-time and also gets rid of the severe heat-soak issues associated with using a JRSC for more than a single pull. I pulled my Aquamist system and sold it on ebay, my LHT system is permanent.

Modified by rmcdaniels at 1:46 PM 11/10/2006
Old 11-10-2006, 09:06 AM

for the crv pulley
Old 11-10-2006, 02:24 PM

Default Re: jackson racing supercharger question (b18sihatch)

Well i found an okay water injection kit. Its the boost cooler kit. There $291 bucks out of jegs catalog. Its for 6-15psi applications. So that looks like a good deal.
Old 11-10-2006, 02:30 PM

Most people i talk to are turbo lovers. I just need this question answered. Is it possible to make 285whp on a built motor, water injection, lht intercooler setup with a jrsc kit.
Old 11-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by integraftw98 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">I just need this question answered. Is it possible to make 285whp on a built motor, water injection, lht intercooler setup with a jrsc kit. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Oh hell yeah, and this motor had some really crappy pistons. It's apart again (got caught in a flood at around 10K miles and hydro-locked it) and will be going back together with good pistons. This was on 8 PSI:

Here's the build:

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=1518026

P.S. - That was in a daily driven car with no water injectiion, and my intake temps generally stayed under 100 degrees on an 85 degree day.
Old 11-11-2006, 01:01 PM

Default Re: jackson racing supercharger question (rmcdaniels)

I have never seen water injection benefit a jrsc car, it always made them slower. In my opinion water injection is for Turbo cars that are at there thresh-hold of detonation, and want to run more boost.

Listen to Rmcdaniels, LHT is the way to go if you want to cool your charge. 285whp is definitaley posssible. At the end of my supercharging days, my setup was making 303whp, and 250wtq @ 15 psi non-intercooled. Very similar to rmcdaniels power on his setup, except for the increase in torque due to more boost. Rmcdaniels made his peak power safer and more efficient than I did, but I like it on the edge
Old 11-11-2006, 08:55 PM

ahh i believe i just asked this question not to long ago.. 1st off.. an fmic set up for the jrsc is basically worthless.. my .2 would tell you to do the following as far as pulley's are concerned..

http://www.theoldone.com/compo...lleys/

edyn has some pretty good stuff.. they have the aftercooler/manifold set up mentioned as well..

im having my gsr sleeved to 84.5mm (2.0L) then doing the following

rc 440's
walbro 255\
aem fuel rail and fpr
mugen 160 degree t-stat
alum rad
dual fal fans no ac to im going to run 2 fans
edyn alt and blower pulley's
neptune by evans

in a stripped eg/si if i dont break low 12s on slics with lsd... im gonna say f**k it and go full-race stage 2..

i like the jrsc alot for some reason i think that having instant boost is great.. but it does take power to make power unlike turbo kits.. good luck

brian

Old 11-12-2006, 12:48 PM

Default Re: jackson racing supercharger question (hatr-aid)

with water injection kits.. you car run 100% meth.. so u can tune your car like its on race gas.. on a very cold day.. just get the kits that let you know when the tank is low.. if you are runing 8 lbs.. then have the kit come on at 6 lbs..then you can run higher timing = more SAFE power. or you can get a mixture of nitro and meth and inject that..
Old 11-12-2006, 01:10 PM

Default Re: jackson racing supercharger question (icivicracer)

You can run the meth injection, but it is hassle free to run the lht manifold, and increase boost and timing. no need to add liquids. This setup seems to work best with a honda jrsc. If you have first hand experience using meth injection, with power gains of 300whp+ I commend you
Old 11-12-2006, 01:15 PM

Default Re: jackson racing supercharger question (hatr-aid)

hatr-aid, you will need bigger injectors to safely turn the times you want. Myself and rmcdaniels have experienced 440cc injectors becoming maxed out at relatively low hp numbers, and you dont want crazy fuel pressures to compensate.

If you go turbo, you dont need a FR stage 2 kit to go low 12's. Save your money and piece together a kit. You should be able to go 11's for around $2,500 (no engine management)
Old 11-13-2006, 01:10 AM

Default Re: jackson racing supercharger question (sc4dr)

yea i was going to edit the reply..lol i think 440s would be to small..i think the fr kit is amazing.. ive seen them on gsr's with stock internals other then an inlinepri 2mm h/g and arp's.. runs 11.30s with a neptune program.. if you go to evanstuning.com take a look at the log vs ram horn mani dyno.. 40whp just by swapping mani's..

when you start adding water and methane.. uumm thats just to complicated.. to many factors can go wrong..plus you spend money on crap you realy dont need.. keep it simple.. i would get a good cold air intake with bypass and do what i said before.. get a new rad and t-stat.. you can keep your charge temps lower if you can keep your engine temps lower..ive seen this work on several set ups.. plus as you add those you add to your preventive maintenance..keep it simple..