Notices

Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System??

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2002, 02:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System??

How does this thing work?

Is it better than a air/air or air/water intercooler?

Anyone have experience with this?

Anyone have a pic of this installed?

[Modified by Stock@$$GSR, 3:31 PM 3/7/2002]
Old 03-07-2002, 02:11 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (Stock@$$GSR)

it is water injection.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:34 PM
New User

i used and it worked fine.
Old 03-07-2002, 02:39 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (jinxproof99)

I think that thing is an intercooler in the same way my windshield squirters are an intercooler =P
Old 03-07-2002, 03:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (dustin)

Water injection is a band aid fix. Not to mention, you better not let the water tank run dry!
Old 03-07-2002, 03:52 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (ThePunk)

how does it work ?
Old 03-07-2002, 07:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (D-SPEED)

it sprays a fine mist of water into your intake stream. Which means water is going into your engine. Sports Compact Car magazine used it on their project 300zx and had really good results.
Old 03-07-2002, 08:10 PM

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (zojirushi)

it sprays a fine mist of water into your intake stream. Which means water is going into your engine. Sports Compact Car magazine used it on their project 300zx and had really good results.
it kinda point less for supercharged cars to have water injection because your pressure is built up using a belt not super hot exhaust gas when water injection is used on a turbo car the water is missted into the intake and when the water comes into contact with the heated air that is about to be forced down the throat of your intake it vaporrizes as soon as it hits the heated gas and therefore cools the gas down that is intering your engine thats how it works! you dont really need a intercooler on a supercharged car becasue the gas that is intering your intake manifold is not hat! think about all the supercharged mustangs and cameros and hot rod cars do they have intercoolers hell no!

it helps alot on turbo cars and there is a company that makes water injection called "aquamist"

[Modified by -=TWITCH=-, 5:11 AM 3/8/2002]
Old 03-07-2002, 10:39 PM

Sparco makes one. I understand it is supposed to be better than the Jackson or the aquamist. The aquamist is good but it is still running on old technology where the sparco is newere and more efficient.
They are really only good for track though becasue you have to run an alcohol mix in with the water that deteriorates rubber and you have to refill it about every time you would normally get gas.
Old 03-07-2002, 10:46 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (blkwidw96)

Sparco makes one. I understand it is supposed to be better than the Jackson or the aquamist. The aquamist is good but it is still running on old technology where the sparco is newere and more efficient.
They are really only good for track though becasue you have to run an alcohol mix in with the water that deteriorates rubber and you have to refill it about every time you would normally get gas.
actually u have it backwards. The sparco one is the one that is outdated and is quite cheaper. The new aquamist uses a newer piston design to pump the water.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (-=TWITCH=-)

it kinda point less for supercharged cars to have water injection because your pressure is built up using a belt not super hot exhaust gas when water injection is used on a turbo car the water is missted into the intake and when the water comes into contact with the heated air that is about to be forced down the throat of your intake it vaporrizes as soon as it hits the heated gas and therefore cools the gas down that is intering your engine thats how it works! you dont really need a intercooler on a supercharged car becasue the gas that is intering your intake manifold is not hat! think about all the supercharged mustangs and cameros and hot rod cars do they have intercoolers hell no!

it helps alot on turbo cars and there is a company that makes water injection called "aquamist"

Obviously you've never seen a "aftercooled" vortech supercharged civic eh? Any time you compress air, you heat it. Simple physics my friend...Superchargers, particularly at higher boost levels, heat the air just as much as a turbo would.
Old 03-08-2002, 12:33 AM

i don't agree that water inejction is a band-aid fix, especially on top of an intercooler. the spearco kit is cheaper and simpler, but if it does the job, who cares? there are some beneftis to water injection...besides a cooler intake charge and more HP. it also acts as a steam cleaning for your combustion chamber, keeping your internals free from detonation-inviting carbon deposits.and it can also add some extra fuel, if you use a 50/50 water/meathanol water /alcohol mix. talk to boosted hybrid from this board, he's used the spearco for a year with sucess. i'm going to be running one too on my car. i figure it worth the benefits...just for 220 bucks, a simple install, and keeping a tank filled woith water.

for the spearco kit check out http://www.racetep.com
Old 03-08-2002, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (downpipe)

Thanks all who have replied I think I'm going to run a water injector ontop of an intercooler. I'm not sure which one though, so I'm going to do some homework! Sounds like a good way to get that little bit of power that everyone wants! Couple of more questions though...

Where exactly is this thing mounted? Is it on the discharge pipe right before the throttle body? If it is mounted there, I'm assuming it's mounted after the blowoff valve?

Anyone happen to have pics of one installed???

Thanks.
Old 03-08-2002, 01:39 AM
Trial User

I have a friend trying to sell his because he no longer has the supercharger. Make an offer.
Old 03-08-2002, 05:47 AM

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (ThePunk)

Obviously you've never seen a "aftercooled" vortech supercharged civic eh? Any time you compress air, you heat it. Simple physics my friend...Superchargers, particularly at higher boost levels, heat the air just as much as a turbo would.

interesting thanks
Old 03-08-2002, 06:09 AM
New User

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (-=TWITCH=-)

Don't be too grateful for that little piece of misinformation; superchargers like the Jackson Racing or any domestic supercharged model actually heat the air significantly more than a turbo does at the same level of boost, since they are significantly less efficient in the compression process. With high volumes of air flowing through the turbo, the heat from exhaust flowing through the other side does not contribute significantly to intake charge temperature.
Old 03-08-2002, 06:43 AM
New User

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (dbman96)

dbman96 is right... The roots type blowers do generate intake temps when boosting. What I have seen/read is around 190 - 210 degrees (depending on weather). With a WI installed, you can gain anywhere from 30 to 50 hp just by using it. Yes it is a bit of a band aid. But with those kind of power gains, it starts taking on a new light. hehehehe
Old 03-08-2002, 08:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (88_SC_CRX_Si)

a 30 to 50 hp gain just from using the jackson racing water injector??? really??? do you have to do anything different while tuning the engine/supercharger set up with this added to it? sorry if this is in the wrong forum and sounds like a newbie question......but well I am new to this site so I guess it kind of fits huh?
Old 03-08-2002, 09:18 AM
Honda-Tech Member

How does this thing work?

[Modified by Stock@$$GSR, 3:31 PM 3/7/2002]

If you need one, I have one barely used f/s.
Old 03-08-2002, 04:07 PM
New User

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (FREAKA)

Some of it has to do with advancing the timming. The other comes from the drop in temp. There is a formula out there that says for every so many degrees the temp falls, equals x percent in hp gain. Anyway, it's something like that...

Wheather you really end up getting that much hp is another question... That's what Aquamist claims etc.... hehehe
Old 03-09-2002, 06:36 PM

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (88_SC_CRX_Si)

Hey now, bandaids work great for the minor problems. Since the highest most people go with their JRSC is 9psi, the WI will work just fine. If more power is needed than that, that person should and most likely will look into a small shot of nitrous, or sell their SC and go Turbo. If it works, it works.
Old 03-10-2002, 12:41 PM

Again, thanks to all who have replied, but where does this thing get mounted? If I plan on having the water injector in addition to a air/water intercooler, where exactly does it go? Right next to the turbine where there's the most heat? Right next to the throttle body? Does it matter where it goes?
Old 03-10-2002, 07:49 PM

Anyone have a pic of this thing installed? It looks small in the pictures, but pics of just the unit can be deceiving, it looks small.
Old 03-11-2002, 09:36 AM
Trial User

Default Re: Jackson Racing Liquid Intercooler System?? (Toretto)

its about the size of a soda can