Notices

It's started, $7,000 out of my account today.

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2005, 03:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default It's started, $7,000 out of my account today.

Well,
I officially started the engine build today I guess. I called Stewart Engines (www.stewartengines.com) and put a deposit of $7k down to get it rolling.
so far heres what I/we have planned:

JDM B18C1 engine swap w/ 5 speed tranny
Built B16 head (DPR Stage 6 cylinder head with Ferrea valvetrain. The intake valves are .5mm oversized Ferreas and the exhaust are stock size Ferreas)
GSR cams
AEM cam gears
Darton MID sleeves
Pistons/rods/rings already bought at S.E., Can't remember what kind (good ones though), 9.5 comp Pistons & hardened rods
Rod bearings with coatings
New Honda Oil Pump
New oil pick tube and gasket
Lower end gasket set
New Honda water pump
Toda Kevlar Timing belt and new tensioner
ARP head studs
Upper end gasket set
Edelbrock Victor X intake
Hondata intake gasket
ACT 6-Puck Clutch, Extreme Pressure Plate, Light flywheel
AEM fuel rail
AEM fuel Pressure Regulator
RC injectors (750-1000, not sure yet)
AEM EMS
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
stronger axles

We are going to get a turbo kit lined out once we get the motor up. I know there are small things that I will need along the way, this is all we have for now. I should have pics as they go along. Engine should be at the shop anywhere from 1-3 weeks from now, so they can start then. Woohoo, cant wait to get it in the sol and go for a drive. In and tuned my March hopefully.

Darrell
Old 11-04-2005, 03:20 AM

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (Boosted4)

nice set up... does that 7k include the price of the engine?
Old 11-04-2005, 03:45 AM

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (turbodreamz0385)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well,
I officially started the engine build today I guess. I called Stewart Engines (www.stewartengines.com) and put a deposit of $7k down to get it rolling.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont mean to flame but if it is JDM there is no number on the end. That is only USDM, so it would be a B18C......I just don't want you going around with wrong info....check the engine code and if there is a number it isn't jdm
Old 11-04-2005, 04:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

i think he put that on to show that it was the 180 hp version rather than the TYPE R motor...

it gets kinda confusing when you say b18c only.. because people tend to wonder if its a SIR-G or a Type arghhh
Old 11-04-2005, 05:58 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (nuttybumpo)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by nuttybumpo &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">7000
damn i just bought a 2000 civic SI supercharged for that much</TD></TR></TABLE>
u got really lucky for that price if you did
Old 11-04-2005, 06:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (komat)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by komat &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">
u got really lucky for that price if you did</TD></TR></TABLE>

welcome to wisconsin, my buddy also picked up a 00 Si for just under 7,500
Old 11-04-2005, 08:03 AM

May I recommend looking into RLZ for headwork, they've been able to improve upon DPR's designs. Also look into Full-Race for the turbo setup.
Old 11-04-2005, 08:50 AM
Trial User

Default Re: (Kendall)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boosted4 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Well,

Pistons/rods/rings already bought at S.E., Can't remember what kind (good ones though), 9.5 comp Pistons & hardened rods

Darrell
</TD></TR></TABLE>

It seems like you could have used more time searching the forum and less time writing checks Could have saved a bunch of cash and ended up way happier!
Old 11-04-2005, 08:51 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: (Kendall)

Thats a chunk of change!
Im sure you will be happy with the end result.

If I had 7k I would invest it and turn it into 14k
Old 11-04-2005, 08:56 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (flood)

So, you got a JDM GS-R engine and one of your mods are GS-R camshafts.......... someone help me out here. Am I missing something?
Old 11-04-2005, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

this guy needs to research.....
Old 11-04-2005, 09:29 AM

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (tuck'd98)

Why would someone sell a 2000 Si $2000 - $3000 below blue book? Thats based on your zip code and 90,000 - 60,000 miles. Unless the condition of the car is less than good and it has 120,000+ miles or someone is in desparate need of crack, then I dont believe you can get a Civic Si that cheap...
Old 11-04-2005, 09:39 AM
0x5359-0055

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (nuttybumpo)

Good luck man, keep us posted
Old 11-04-2005, 09:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (Vt4cPwn35)

This is by far WAY too much money to dump into one of these cars. Don't people have anything better to do with thier funds? Buy another car? Deposit on a house? Invest? Something more then dumping into an engine that gets you no where in life?
Old 11-04-2005, 09:45 AM

Research. I agree. Good luck on your build though. I know labor is going to cost a bitch. I'm just gathering all my parts piece by piece. On a budget. And i'll build it once i have time. But how do you not know what rods you're using? Anyway, once you get it up, let me know. I'll travel an hour to take a look. My sister actually goes to ISU in Terre Haute.
Old 11-04-2005, 09:49 AM

Default Re: (TheKingPin)

You could have saved half of it if you do it yourself except the engine build.

Old 11-04-2005, 09:51 AM

Default Re: (elpiar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by elpiar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">You could have saved half of it if you do it yourself except the engine build.

</TD></TR></TABLE>

Yep. Building an engine isn't hard. Its just precise measurements. If you're in any way mechanically inclined, you can make it happen. But seeing that you have the money thats great. At least you could be sure that its professionally done and it'll be in some way reliable.

Who's tuning it?
Old 11-04-2005, 09:59 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (Boosted4)

Built B16 head (DPR Stage 6 cylinder head with Ferrea valvetrain. The intake valves are .5mm oversized Ferreas and the exhaust are stock size Ferreas)
GSR cams
AEM cam gears
Darton MID sleeves
Rod bearings with coatings
New Honda Oil Pump
New oil pick tube and gasket
Lower end gasket set
New Honda water pump
Toda Kevlar Timing belt and new tensioner
ARP head studs
Upper end gasket set
Edelbrock Victor X intake
Hondata intake gasket
ACT 6-Puck Clutch, Extreme Pressure Plate, Light flywheel
AEM fuel rail
AEM fuel Pressure Regulator
RC injectors (750-1000, not sure yet)
AEM EMS
Walbro 255lph fuel pump
stronger axles

We are going to get a turbo kit lined out once we get the motor up. I know there are small things that I will need along the way, this is all we have for now. I should have pics as they go along. Engine should be at the shop anywhere from 1-3 weeks from now, so they can start then. Woohoo, cant wait to get it in the sol and go for a drive. In and tuned my March hopefully.

Darrell
</TD></TR></TABLE>

Don't get RC1000's I personally have seen 3 sets go out, But i have never seen a precission injector go out. I would get 1000's because they idle just fine and you can make 700whp on them no problem. Everything is looking good so far, keep us all updated!
Old 11-04-2005, 10:09 AM

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (Blind Fashion)

It's his money. Let him spend it however he wants.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:16 AM

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (Dan_the_MaN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dan_the_MaN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's his money. Let him spend it however he wants. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Shut up. We're just tyring to make sure he gets the best out of his money. We're not downing anything he's saying. We're just giving him different options - since the guy hasn't actually "ordered" any of his parts. If he wants to change something on his setup, now is the time. expletive tard.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:33 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (Dan_the_MaN)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dan_the_MaN &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">It's his money. Let him spend it however he wants. </TD></TR></TABLE>

You my friend, .. nevermind

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TheKingPin &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Shut up. We're just tyring to make sure he gets the best out of his money. We're not downing anything he's saying. We're just giving him different options - since the guy hasn't actually "ordered" any of his parts. If he wants to change something on his setup, now is the time. expletive tard. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:07 PM

Received 234 Likes on 209 Posts
Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (Hybrid93Eg)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is by far WAY too much money to dump into one of these cars. Don't people have anything better to do with thier funds? Buy another car? Deposit on a house? Invest? Something more then dumping into an engine that gets you no where in life?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmm.... An ADULT point of view.. I like it.
Old 11-04-2005, 04:13 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (TheShodan)

lol
Old 11-04-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (TheShodan)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Hybrid93Eg &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">This is by far WAY too much money to dump into one of these cars. Don't people have anything better to do with thier funds? Buy another car? Deposit on a house? Invest? Something more then dumping into an engine that gets you no where in life?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Agreed

I can see spending maybe 2-3k maybe 4 on a hobby that is pieced together slowly over time...but 7k being just the start is a chunk of money that could be invested or put into a huge house payment....or a start on a down payment. Not to flame or anything, to each their own...but DAMN
Old 11-04-2005, 04:41 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today. (Wayne_Curr)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Wayne_Curr &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Agreed

I can see spending maybe 2-3k maybe 4 on a hobby that is pieced together slowly over time...but 7k being just the start is a chunk of money that could be invested or put into a huge house payment....or a start on a down payment. Not to flame or anything, to each their own...but DAMN</TD></TR></TABLE>

grow up

how many people do you know that buy nice cars? i mean benz's..lexus's..bmw's

they spend a loottttt more than 7k...so w.e.

dumping money into hondas = cool!!

Quick Reply: It's started, $7,000 out of my account today.