Notices

irratic idle and engine check light??

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2003, 04:11 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default irratic idle and engine check light??

Ive a B16a2 motor 94' with drag gen 3, have just replaced my engine with a similar block from b16a1, however, ive used all my sensors, piping, distributor and manifolds from the old block only the identical block has been changed. my car feels very dragyy... i dont know if its the timing thats out, but the mechanic retarded it by a 1 and half degree and played around with the a screw located within the inlet manifold (i think its for fuel purposes) but i still find a slight rev bounce, eg as soon as u pull over, it fluctuates up and down 1000 to 1500 revs and the engine feels alittle gruntier. secondly,, while driving around for a few minutes the engine check light props up, but only swithces off once the ignition is swithced off. but will come back after a few minutes... as im in the UK, theres not much help, and the main dealers dont wana look at it! so guys please help me out on this one... finally my fuel consumption has rocketed sky high from previous, but why?
Old 02-19-2003, 04:21 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: irratic idle and engine check light?? (fiaz79)

Who swapped your block? Did you do it yourself or did this wonderboy mechanic do it? The screw he was messing with on the inlet (throttlebody) was most likely the idle control screw. Since your FI, you might want to check and make sure your MAP sensor isn't seeing boost. Another thing that might help would be to tell us what check engine light code you're throwing. Also, a vacume leak might also cause this surging and nasty idleing. If your car runs like crap after the check engine light comes on I'd bet your map sensor is seeing boost.