Notices

Internal Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2003, 09:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Internal Question

Ok, first i want to thank you for your time. I've done a lot of research around the three most popular honda/civic forums i've found, but have yet to come up on a concrete answer.

I'm looking to go with a FI system for my 99 Civic Si. Untill i saw the summer deals (thanks daemon/deamon-i can't remember) on the Drag Turbo, i was intent on getting the Vortech Supercharger with the aftercooler. None the less, the same question applies. I want to run 8-9psi, on stock internals. I've heard over and over not to use that much pressure, and i've also heard over and over that its fine. I plan on using a standalone (probably going to end up with hondata-i guess a good name does increace sales), and having it professionally tuned (not by me ). Once again I thank you for your time, and appologize for asking a question that is so flammable, but I really need to know.

The Vortech claims complete reliability at 277whp running 9psi of boost. I just can't see that being reliable, that is a lot of pressure and power for the stock internals to hang with. I will probably end up wtih a Drag 3 Kit for my Civic, as those are some awsome prices, and on the site they claimed 283hp i believe. Does anyone know how much pressure that is at? Thanks guys! Happy driving

Shane

Modified by Si Shane at 6:51 AM 8/16/2003
Old 08-16-2003, 02:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Internal Question (Si Shane)

no matter which way you go, dont forget about tuning, and the stock internal is gonna go one day, dont think it will last you forever even if its tuned right, it will eventually die one day!