Notices

Intercooler kits on ebay, What you guys think?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2006, 06:55 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intercooler kits on ebay, What you guys think?

Hi everyone, Just wondering if any of you have use any of those intercooler kits that they sell on ebay, It has the intercooler, all the pipes, and brakets. I have a 92 hatchback with a d16z6 that Im building for turbo and I'm gonna be honest this is the part that gets me worried, all those pipes for the intercooler. Im putting my kit together piece by piece and buying a kit that will fit my aplication perfect is a big plus and if it is withing my budget even better. My goal is to run 12 Sec. with my street hatch. I know that I have read a lot of nightmares about stuff from ebay, but are any of these intercooler kit any good? or anybody knows a good place to buy a intercooler kit for my aplication (92 hatch with a D16Z6). Also, what should I look for on the kit? pleace guys help me out on these one, Im about to start buying stuff this week.

Old 07-25-2006, 07:02 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Intercooler kits on ebay, What you guys think? (Boricuanology)

charge piping isnt too bad
theres intercoolers all over the place on ebay for great price
for example
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISA...h=004

just pic one up and fab the pipes
Old 07-25-2006, 07:08 PM
Do you even PLEBE R8?

Pieced my kit together myself and things went pretty good, bought 75% of my parts off of ebay (mostly brand name) and the rest on here. I didnt go with an intercooler kit off of ebay though because the piping is way oversized for a honda setup... i went with streamline motorsports that designed their kit to create better spool by having 2" from the turbo to ic and 2.5" for ic to the throttle body.

I did buy an intercooler on ebay (non brand name) that pressure tested ok and has worked but all i can say is you get what you pay for. Inlet and outlets were a bit bigger than the couplers that should have fit on it and the fins were rather chinsy... gets rock dents really easy.

Overall id keep away from no name parts on ebay especially things turbo related but i think you just gotta do your research. Streamline help me out big time with the insane piping (black powdercoated, mandrel bent mild steel, welded on bov flange, and bead rolled ends) for only 180$... they also carry a lot of little flanges and things ul need.
Old 07-25-2006, 11:44 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Intercooler kits on ebay, What you guys think? (ForceFed_Motorsports)

thanks a lot, I will check them out.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:38 AM

SSauto's intercoolers are pretty good for the money And at least that is one part from them that wont break
Old 07-26-2006, 08:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Intercooler kits on ebay, What you guys think? (ForceFed_Motorsports)

Do you have a link for the company Streamline Autosport? I will like to check them out, also do you have pictures of your set up showing the intercooler kit?
Thanks
Old 07-26-2006, 08:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Has anybody try this company? also are there products good, Is the price good? hows the fit, I have a 92 hatchback.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors...ZWDVW
Old 07-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Do you even PLEBE R8?

Thats the original company i was gonna buy from but if you look closely the intercooler isnt included which means its a rip off... i got my pipe kit for 180$ and its just as nice as that.
Old 07-27-2006, 06:54 PM
Honda-Tech Member

they have a auction with just the pipes for a cheaper price and then they have this auction,the one I'm interested, which includes the intercooler.

But if anybody know about other places that have the same type of kit for my aplication, please let me know.
thanks.