Integra with del sol si radiator, Hoses???

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2004, 11:47 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Integra with del sol si radiator, Hoses???

Alright, so my civic single core radiator cracked the other day and I ordered a del sol si (dual core) radiator. I went to put it in and the hoses from the orignal b18c motor were too large of an inner diameter for the radiator in/outlet's. I did search before I got the radiator, and almost everyone on here said that the hoses would fit no problem.
No problem right? I used electrical tape to expand the diameter of the inlet/outlet's and clamped them down nice and tight with a hose clamp.
Welll tonight I was driving and my temperature gauge shot up, so I shut her down and noticed the bottom hose had fallen off. So now it's 3:37, after a $80 tow bill, I just got home and I need to know WHICH HOSES WILL FIT? I have to go to the honda tech meet tomorrow, and I need to buy the hoses from the local auto parts store. **** I'm pissed, I mean why did so many people say that the hoses were the same diameter and they are not@!!!! Anyway if you know what hoses work please respond asap!

Old 11-30-2004, 11:20 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Integra with del sol si radiator, Hoses??? (m R g S r)

Bump,
I got the lower hose to fit, I think I used a civic EX rad hose. The upper one is still the GSR hose and the hose is still too thick for the radiator. I used electircal tape on the nipple, but I still don't trust it.

The civic SI hose does not have a 90 degree bend on the side that goes to the head.. . But it is the right diameter. I'm guessing the nipple for the outlet on the head comes straight out, and connects to the head that way? Let me get a pic. .
Old 11-30-2004, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

there is a ruber piece that you can buy from honda it goes around the core of the radiator... its ruber and it makes your integra hose fit perfect... its for the b16 model del sol, they come equiped with them since b16/b18 use same size rad. hoses..
Old 11-30-2004, 11:45 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboHybridEG6)

So If i was putting a b16 in my integra i can use all b16 del sol hoses?
Old 12-01-2004, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (TurboHybridEG6)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TurboHybridEG6 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">there is a ruber piece that you can buy from honda it goes around the core of the radiator... its ruber and it makes your integra hose fit perfect... its for the b16 model del sol, they come equiped with them since b16/b18 use same size rad. hoses.. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Hmmm. . Got a part number? That sounds a lot easier than searching for this ****** hose. . .
I've already tried the 00 civic si and ex hose, and they are both not the right size. . the right diameter, but wrong shape.
Old 12-01-2004, 02:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (m R g S r)

bump for MR cause i have a b16 in my DA and im using the same Rad.... I need to know too... HELP
Old 12-05-2004, 07:44 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (jDMJeRk)

I don't know if I mentioned it, but I used the civic lower hose. . Which fits snugly over the radiator, and I used a little bit of wd-40 in order to slide the hose over the outlet on the waterpipe/thermo housing. . .

I still can't find the right shaped hose to go on the top. .
I need the diameter of the civic hose, but the shape of the GSR hose. . anyone?
Old 12-05-2004, 07:54 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

duh.

go to pep boys, get rad hoses for an integra. (the top hose will need to be cut to fit with a gsr head) than get hose clamps... done...

what is the problem.. making a project out of nothing.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:09 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dturbocivic)

Because the integra hoses are too thick in diameter. The outlet on the radiator is thinner, and the hose doesn't even sit on there snugly.
Right now it's fine, I enlarged the diameter of the outlet by wrapping alot of electircal tape around it, but like I said, I did the same to the bottom and the hose fell off while I was driving, not cool. I don't want that to happen to the top hose also. .
Old 12-05-2004, 09:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by m R g S r &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Because the integra hoses are too thick in diameter. The outlet on the radiator is thinner, and the hose doesn't even sit on there snugly.
Right now it's fine, I enlarged the diameter of the outlet by wrapping alot of electircal tape around it, but like I said, I did the same to the bottom and the hose fell off while I was driving, not cool. I don't want that to happen to the top hose also. . </TD></TR></TABLE>

i know all about the situation, i wast born yesterday, ive been doing this honda bullshit for awhile. i had the same problem.

tighten the clamp more.
Old 12-05-2004, 09:23 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Dturbocivic)

I tried that, and I didn't feel that the seal was good enough. . . Ehh. . I'll go do it now, see if it works. I need to change my thermostat anyway, because the damn thing takes a year to warm up...
And BTW, I wasn't trying to insult you or question your knowledge, I was just saying that I tried that method already
Old 12-05-2004, 11:07 AM
Honda-Tech Member

del sol si has a single core radiator, i hope you mean you got one from a del sol vtec
Old 12-05-2004, 12:03 PM
Honda-Tech Member

m R g S r:

What my friend did with his, he just used 2 clamps, one on the very end of the rad hose at the rad, then where it was over the "hump" of the outlet on the rad, he put another clamp opposite direction of the first. Worked like a charm and he's taken that hose and put it back on about 3 times now.
Old 12-05-2004, 02:19 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (b16hybridsol)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by b16hybridsol &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">del sol si has a single core radiator, i hope you mean you got one from a del sol vtec</TD></TR></TABLE>

IDK, I know that mine is dual core though. . .
It double the thickness of my other civic single core one. .