Notices

Installing SOHC BEAST's Greddy SOHC turbo kit tomorrow...tips?

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2003, 05:51 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Installing SOHC BEAST's Greddy SOHC turbo kit tomorrow...tips?

I'm installing:

Greddy SOHC kit
DSM SMIC
Greddy Type-S BOV
Vortech 12:1 FMU & check valves (or missing link)

That's about it. I have a pre-tapped pan and the BOV is already welded on. Where can I find a vacuum diagram? What gets T'd off with what? a vac. diagram would be appreciated.

Or if there's anyone in the Bloomington, MN area that wants to help tomorrow, that's fine too. PM me and I'll give you my #. FREE PIZZA and possibly beers!
Old 08-30-2003, 08:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Location: Destroying turbo ITR motors in Minneapolis, MN, U.S.A.
Default Re: Installing SOHC BEAST's Greddy SOHC turbo kit tomorrow...tips? (fnananon)

bump
Old 08-30-2003, 10:46 PM
B*a*n*n*e*d

Default Re: Installing SOHC BEAST's Greddy SOHC turbo kit tomorrow...tips? (fnananon)

http://www.turbocivic.net
That is a pretty good write up on the Greddy kit install. That is what we referred to when I was putting my kit on.
Old 08-31-2003, 07:47 AM

Default Re: Installing SOHC BEAST's Greddy SOHC turbo kit tomorrow...tips? (Dengar)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Dengar &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote"> http://www.turbocivic.net
That is a pretty good write up on the Greddy kit install. That is what we referred to when I was putting my kit on. </TD></TR></TABLE>

Definately...Steve is koo...email him from his site if you need help
Old 08-31-2003, 07:53 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Installing SOHC BEAST's Greddy SOHC turbo kit tomorrow...tips? (incognitoracerr)

yeah i followed that link with my old greddy kit...biggest tip would be PATIENCE! Did you already assemble the downpipe/turbo/manifold? I think that would be a good idea and then put it on through the bottom of the car, rather than struggle with the greddy downpipe bolts...Those gave me back pains for about a week cus of the different positions i had to do just to get to it...Try taking off the a/c fan to get some more room in there...As for vacuum, pretty much anything that connects to the IM is a vac source...Not everything, but most...