Notices

installed 1200cc injector with hondata basemap, car wont start now

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2005, 09:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default installed 1200cc injector with hondata basemap, car wont start now

Like the topic says, i've just installed rc 1200cc injector with my hondata s200 on a basemap. Along that i've installed ss braided lines and also got the resistor box hooked up. At first it started up but it had a rough idle and after a few times turning on and off the car, now it doesnt even start no more. It has spark and fuel, the fuel pressure guage shows pressure but the pressure drops to 0 in about 30 seconds. Is that normal? When it did started up and i hold the rev at a steady rpm it fluctuate, same with the fuel pressure. The spark plug look normal but the electrocode is kinda wet. The spark plugs has a burnt smell to it. My guess is i'm running rich but im not 100% sure. My main concern is the fuel pressure fluctuating, fuel pressure dropping to 0 in about 30 seconds after i prime the fuel pump or turn off the car, and the rpm fluctuating when i hold the rev. I was running at about 40psi of pressure with vacuum off. Let me know ur comments please, TIA
Old 05-21-2005, 09:08 PM
New User

Default Re: installed 1200cc injector with hondata basemap, car wont start now (tRaCeBuStAbUsTeR)

Sounds like the fuel pump is dying. Your fuel pressure should not drop to 0 after 30 seconds or 30 minutes should stay steady.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:08 PM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: installed 1200cc injector with hondata basemap, car wont start now (tRaCeBuStAbUsTeR)

pressure drops that fast???? Perhaps you have a leak somewhere? Also try reducing your fuel multiplier by ALOT seeing as you are using 1200's.
Old 05-21-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: installed 1200cc injector with hondata basemap, car wont start now (Dunc)

i had my tuner burn me a basemap so i have no idea what the basemap looks like and i wouldnt understand it either. When i had 310cc injectors in there it was holding pressure for at least a few hour or a day. But now i install the 1200cc it never hold steady fuel pressure. Theres also no leak no because i checked and dont see or smell any fuel. The weird thing is that on my fuel pressure guage when the pressure drops down slowly it dont drop down smoothly. It moves like how the seconds move on a wall clock. For example say its at 60psi then next second it'll jump to 58 then 56 then 54 until it goes to 0
Old 05-22-2005, 03:19 AM
Honda-Tech Member

mine did this with 1000cc but never had time to get it figured out...help him...bump
Old 05-22-2005, 07:33 AM
BCICAN

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: installed 1200cc injector with hondata basemap, car wont start now (Redwidow)

Did you install the 1200's <U>after</U> your tuner burned the basemap for you? Is your basemap burned for 310cc's, if so that'd be a major problem. Also what fuel pump are you using?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:56 AM

Default Re: installed 1200cc injector with hondata basemap, car wont start now (Dunc)

so the basemap is burned with the 1200cc injector, im running the walbro 255lph
Old 05-22-2005, 12:16 PM
Honda-Tech Member

its running way to rich and you fouled the spark plugs out..thats why it wont start....check map sensor wiring and resistor box wiring..when you prime the fuel pump it should go to at least 40 psi and then the fuel pump stops pumping...you have a fuel leak in one of the lines

You will very likely **** up your motor running on that base map and the car needs to be tuned right away

Also remember the fuel pressure regulator has a 1-1 ratio ..for every pound of pressure it sees it should raise the fuel pressure 1 pound... so 50 psi at idle should be 60 under 10 lbs of boost ... pull the plugs constantly to read what the motors doing
Old 05-22-2005, 12:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

sounds like u got a shitty basemap, if the plugs are wet, its running way way too much fuel
Old 05-22-2005, 12:22 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: installed 1200cc injector with hondata basemap, car wont start now (Mase)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Mase &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">sounds like u got a shitty basemap, if the plugs are wet, its running way way too much fuel</TD></TR></TABLE>

No **** turd burgler
Old 05-22-2005, 09:53 PM

If you're local and want another basemap I can burn one for you... just pm me.
Old 05-22-2005, 10:26 PM

Default Re: installed 1200cc injector with hondata basemap, car wont start now (turtle-eg)

do anyone have problems with running big injectors and pressure not holding after the car turns off or after u prime the fuel pump?
Old 05-22-2005, 11:09 PM
Honda-Tech Member

dude they arent opening so it doesnt matter...check the orings on them for fuel leaking..you have a very slow leak somwhere..check the injector orings...
Old 05-22-2005, 11:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

No... you're all thinking way too far outside the box.

Hondata doesn't do a good job of switching injector size out easially. Even though you change it to 1000cc injectors in the software program. You basically have to play with the numbers until the car starts. I know it sounds lame, but that's just how it is.
Old 05-22-2005, 11:32 PM
New User

The Hondata is doing nothing to his fuel pressure though. Unless it is straight dumping ALL FUEL that comes in the rail into his intake mani and then his rings would be DONE!!! Probably even wash his thrust bearinsg down and seize the motor, I have seen this done with a BAD MAP sensor before dumpiong fuel. Remember fuel pressure is till mechanical NOT ELECTRICAL so it is not being adjusted by the Hondata, it is adjusted by the fuel pressure regulator or the fuel pump. So either the pump is taking a dump or the regulator is.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by Boostfed.com &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">So either the pump is taking a dump or the regulator is. </TD></TR></TABLE>

My bet is on the regulator.

BTW, were those injectors new? Could be leaking themselves too.
Old 05-23-2005, 05:55 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (Finest)

two questions, what fuel pressure regulator? I know if you put a gauge on a paxton or aeromotive regulator, the pressure will drop to 0 pretty quickly just due to the way the regulators work... I know my car does that all the time, it primes then drops away. Been doing it ever since i got it and the car runs fine, the fuel pump is fine. did you install a new regulator with the injectors.

Either way, if it was holding a steady fuel pressure at idle, that's what matters.

second, your car is way way way too rich. If you need a better basemap, i can shoot you one.
Old 05-23-2005, 01:31 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The fuel pressure regulator is just a restrictor.....it restricts the amount of fuel that can go back out the return line making pressure...more of a restriction will cause more pressure to back up in the feed side
Old 05-23-2005, 03:21 PM

Default Re: (D@nnY)

im running a sx fpr and it was working fine before. im running the walbro 255lph intank. The injectors are brand new from RC and i have the flow sheet with it also
Old 05-23-2005, 10:01 PM

Default Re: (tRaCeBuStAbUsTeR)

ok i had more time to work on the car today and i found out why its not holding pressure. Its either the sx fpr or the stainless steel braided line isnt holding, cuz when i dumped the stock fpr back in it was holding pressure. And the basemap im running is just very rich or something. Im not sure which map sensor he has it set on but would that play a role in this?
Old 05-23-2005, 10:26 PM
Honda-Tech Member

More likely you have a bad fuel regulator. I've seen this happen before. replace it and your problem will be solved.
Old 05-23-2005, 10:41 PM
New User

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tRaCeBuStAbUsTeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">ok i had more time to work on the car today and i found out why its not holding pressure. Its either the sx fpr or the stainless steel braided line isnt holding, cuz when i dumped the stock fpr back in it was holding pressure. And the basemap im running is just very rich or something. Im not sure which map sensor he has it set on but would that play a role in this?</TD></TR></TABLE>

Told you it was something mechanical!!! The Hondata is not controlling pressure at all.
Old 05-24-2005, 03:22 PM

Default Re: (Boostfed.com)

yeah... well lets see if you guys could help me out on this. When the car was running after i revved it a few times the engine check light turned on and i tried to check the codes but when i jumped the harness it doesnt show anything. Would that be a issue with the basemap?
Old 05-24-2005, 03:23 PM

and one more thing. On big injectors like that when u prime the fuel pump do u guys hear it pulsing? On all the other injectors i've used its steady and u hear the fuel pump for a few seconds.
Old 05-24-2005, 09:56 PM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by tRaCeBuStAbUsTeR &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">yeah... well lets see if you guys could help me out on this. When the car was running after i revved it a few times the engine check light turned on and i tried to check the codes but when i jumped the harness it doesnt show anything. Would that be a issue with the basemap?</TD></TR></TABLE>the code should have been stored as soon as you get a check light. Re-check it again.

Quick Reply: installed 1200cc injector with hondata basemap, car wont start now