Notices

InnovateMotorsports Wideband and Standalone for Datalogging?

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2003, 11:59 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default InnovateMotorsports Wideband and Standalone for Datalogging?

Anyone been successful in datalogging with the Innovate Motorsports Wideband? I picked up a wideband from then in a groub buy and now I'm in the market for engine management.. I was looking at AEM or Hondata but I want to make sure I can datalog with the wideband I have. Anyone have any success with either of these? Thanks!
Old 03-03-2004, 10:08 AM

Default Re: InnovateMotorsports Wideband and Standalone for Datalogging? (spike)

I would like to get some feed back on this too, I have the innovative Wideband and just got hondata with everything, I want to know how to get hondata to recognize the lamda readings from the wideband, how to wire, setup software, etc.
Any help would be awesome. Thanks Justin
Old 03-03-2004, 10:46 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I'm also interested in buying the wideband from Innovate motorsports , What are your experience with it guys?
And do you have a site where I can order one?
Old 03-03-2004, 11:16 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: (Importracer_001)

I've never heard of the wideband but I was just curious, are you guys going to be running the MoTeC PLM or PLX devices?
Old 03-03-2004, 12:20 PM

Default Re: InnovateMotorsports Wideband and Standalone for Datalogging? (spike)

Ok, I've got the answer. First off I have used the Innovative wideband for two months now, its awesome. http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/ is the website or call 1-949-388-4442 then go to the company directory and find Court, he'll get you one. If your using Hondata, you'll need to buy the extra Analog output cable from innovative. You will also need to take out your stock O2 and use the harness from it. There are 4 wires, the two black wire need to be put together(basicly a loop) with a 1 K-ohm 1/4 watt 5% tolerance resistor, ($.99 @ radioshack) Then the other two wires are either Green & white or blue & red. The Green/Red is the signal ground and the White/blue is the Signal wire, these are connected to the analog output cable you (buy extra) attatch to the innovative wideband controller. Now plug the stock O2 wiring harness that use to connect to the stock O2 sensor back into the usual main harness that will take the info back to your hondata ECU.
You then need to go into the hondata logger, click file, settings, lambda, lambda convertion, choose custom, Then punch in that 0.00 volts(O2 sensor voltage) = 10.00 A/F ratio. THen right below that punch in that 5.00 volts(O2 sensor voltage) = 20.00 A/F ration.

Now hondata is reading the wideband O2 signal from the innovative controller.

OK, If any of this is incorrect, PLEASE let me know, This is what my research has come to, If I'm wrong I'm not responsible for any mistakes. Hope this helps

Justin
Old 03-03-2004, 01:50 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Re: InnovateMotorsports Wideband and Standalone for Datalogging? (Turbointegra22)

That sounds right connection wise (just as you would with any other external tap in system), thanks for the link to innovativemotorsports tho... I hadn't heard of the LM-1 before but it's definately cheaper than the MoTeC PLM... http://www.motec.com/products/plm/plm.htm Anyone know what the PLXApp002 runs price wise? Either way I want to run the NTK Uego sensor as it is said to be more accurate...
Old 03-03-2004, 03:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: InnovateMotorsports Wideband and Standalone for Datalogging? (Kataku2K3)

My experiences with Innovate...

As an A/F meter...its great. It self adjusts and lets you know when you need to recalibrate. It's dead nuts on as far as I can tell and I have never seen anyone post that they feel its inaccurate at all.

When it comes to the datalogging of any sensors other than A/F...I have the opposite answer. I have not had much luck getting the AUX Box and Inductive RPM pickup working well. My spring in my Tial 38mm is 8 psi, while the MAP sensor voltage only logs at about 3.61 volts (3.61 volts equates to about ~4 psi on a honda 1.8 bar MAP)...RPMs also log goofy, sometimes 200 over what my stock guage reads, sometimes 1500 over the stock guage. It makes no sense, I've tried different grounds, different wires, etc...cant seem to get it working.

Innovate has EXCEPTIONAL customer service tho...however, its seems to be lacking when it comes to the RPM/AUX Box problems, that is reflected in their lack of posts on their own message boards and my frustration with not being to fix my problem. I dunno...

If you can integrate the wideband to be logged by the Hondata logging software, great...i dont think you can beat the Innovate...as a mobile tuning tool if you charge for tuning and take it with you to various situations, I dont think its a good choice.
Old 03-03-2004, 04:00 PM

excellent feedback, I agree 100%