Notices

Innovate LM-1 vs. Plx m300

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2005, 09:20 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Innovate LM-1 vs. Plx m300

I posted this in the all motor section but I put it here hoping more people would respond.

I searched and did not find any really good topics about this. I have talked to some people about both of these products and I'm hearing mixed emotions about both of these products. So basically if anyone wants to chime in about anything feel free. Here are a few things that have been picking at my brain, with the LM-1, if you don't buy the rpm pick up cable does that mean there is no rpm specified when tuning ? Also I really would like to know how to LM-1 recording option is, right now I don't have a laptop so if I can record with the LM-1 and then bring it on my house computer that would save me some cash. Also I know plx say what the minimum requirements for the laptop should be, but does anyone else have any input on that, so I know what type ( spec wise ) of laptop I should be looking for.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Innovate LM-1 vs. Plx m300 (90blackcrx)

well i have never used the innovate LM1, but i do own the PLX m300. what i do like about my WB is that its fairly small with a nice display,very easy to mount almost anywhere. I has out puts, so you can data log with most of the ROM editors.

what i don't like about the LM1 is that it looks big and cluncky, poor display (immagine trying to mount that thing, not to mention trying to look at it while driving) and ive heard poor things about its RPM pick up.

thats my two cents...
Old 01-15-2005, 10:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Innovate LM-1 vs. Plx m300 (evosol)

Thanks

The only thing that is getting my attention with the lm-1 is the ability to record, I don't have a laptop so if it can record things and then I can bring it into the house that would be better I think. Also it has the ability to read 6 sensors, but I'm also hearing the same thing about the rpm pickup cable.

Anyone else ?
Old 01-15-2005, 11:11 AM

If you want somethign to datalog the LM1 is decent, but you have to pay extra for the rpm pickup and junk. I have used both, I currently own a PLX M300. If you are using a standalone or software to do the datalogging this is one of the best options for that. It has a great display. I am glad I bought this one.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:21 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (93turbo16)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">If you want somethign to datalog the LM1 is decent, but you have to pay extra for the rpm pickup and junk. I have used both, I currently own a PLX M300. If you are using a standalone or software to do the datalogging this is one of the best options for that. It has a great display. I am glad I bought this one.</TD></TR></TABLE>

So why is the pickup junk ? Just wondering. Also when you say standalone, would a vafc be good enough ? This will be on an n/a motor. I don't have a laptop that is why I wanted the lm-1 because it records and then your able to carry it in to your home pc.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:27 AM

I think the LM1 would be good for you, but more expensive. Good luck with it man, its fun.

I didn't say the pick up is junk, I said the rpm pick up AND junk. Just like PLX you have to pay for the more stuff you get. I mean standalone like uberdata, aem, hondata. I mean uberdata and hondata aren't really standalones but they are an engine management system. You would just need something that would datalog through the system or ecu. Like uberdata and hondata both have datalogging and AEM is built right into it, with virtual dashes and stuff that you can watch. I think hondata has that kind of stuff to. VAFC won't datalog anything.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:31 AM
Honda-Tech Member

I know vafc won't datalog but I think it will be good enough to tune the car. I looking for a cheap laptop though just for datalogging.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:34 AM

the vafc should be ok to tune the car with, the only thing is it doesn't touch ignition.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products.php

http://www.plxdevices.com
Old 01-15-2005, 11:40 AM
Honda-Tech Member

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the vafc should be ok to tune the car with, the only thing is it doesn't touch ignition.

http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/products.php

http://www.plxdevices.com</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thanks for the links but I have been there plenty of times, the innovation site lacks a lot of info. Maybe you can help me out with the laptop, what do you think the specs should be to handle the plx ? I know it says it on there site but was wondering what the lowest you could really go.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:55 AM

i have an old POS that datalogs my uberdata. I am not sure exactly what it is, but is not impressive. But I would go with something with XP, that will have enough for you to function.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lm1 will store like 45 minutes of datalogging that you can go home and look at on your own computer, just make sure to get the rpm pickup so you can log the rpm too and you are ready to go. I datlog with one all the time but I dont have the rpm pickup yet so its a bit trickier.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:08 PM

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by 93turbo16 &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">the vafc should be ok to tune the car with, the only thing is it doesn't touch ignition.

[/url]</TD></TR></TABLE>

I dont mean to call you out, but the vafc does mess with ignition

https://honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=841443

Here is how. It is a great thread by J. Davis
Old 01-15-2005, 12:08 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (omahaturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omahaturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">The lm1 will store like 45 minutes of datalogging that you can go home and look at on your own computer,</TD></TR></TABLE>

One reason why I want it, I really don't even want the m300 anymore I would probably get the m500 if I went with the plx. Datalogging is a really nice feature to have.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: (90blackcrx)

Yea its pretty kick *** since I dont have a laptop to datalog with yet. Even without the rpm pickup its better then no datalogging at all because it makes it easier to see spikes you might not have otherwise seen while trying to drive and read at the same time. You would be suprised, I have thought I had the afr pretty flat untill I datalogged and then I see a big spike I never even noticed while driving. Figuring out where the spikes are in the rpm range can be tricky without the pickup but by starting and stopping the datalogging at certain rpms its easy to narrow down where they are. Of course none of this is a problem unless you cheap out on the pickup. Once you get the breakout box for the rpm pickup you can log other things like map sensor voltage too so you can know exactly where to tune at.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:56 PM

Default Re: (TeStUdO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeStUdO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Here is how. It is a great thread by J. Davis </TD></TR></TABLE>

I know this, but the tuning shouldn't be too drastic that would make his car run anything different, possibly 2-3 degrees. On an all motor car this is not as significant as with a boosted car.

It should be used for fine tuning the fuel. If he would have problems with detonation, retard the distributor timing, but it should be fine to tune it with a vafc.

I was stating that the VAFC doesn't keep track of ignition, you can't tune it. Obviously, anyone on here should know that by now and should keep that thread in about 5 different favorite places.
Old 01-15-2005, 02:10 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (omahaturbocivic)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by omahaturbocivic &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">Yea its pretty kick *** since I dont have a laptop to datalog with yet. Even without the rpm pickup its better then no datalogging at all because it makes it easier to see spikes you might not have otherwise seen while trying to drive and read at the same time. You would be suprised, I have thought I had the afr pretty flat untill I datalogged and then I see a big spike I never even noticed while driving. Figuring out where the spikes are in the rpm range can be tricky without the pickup but by starting and stopping the datalogging at certain rpms its easy to narrow down where they are. Of course none of this is a problem unless you cheap out on the pickup. Once you get the breakout box for the rpm pickup you can log other things like map sensor voltage too so you can know exactly where to tune at.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Thank you, I might be IM'ing you with any more questions. Its not hard to un hook and bring inside the house is it ?
Old 01-15-2005, 07:06 PM

Default Re: (TeStUdO)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by TeStUdO &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

Here is how. It is a great thread by J. Davis </TD></TR></TABLE>

90blackcrx isn't boosted though.
Old 01-15-2005, 10:00 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: (sporkcrx)

<TABLE WIDTH="90%" CELLSPACING=0 CELLPADDING=0 ALIGN=CENTER><TR><TD>Quote, originally posted by sporkcrx &raquo;</TD></TR><TR><TD CLASS="quote">

90blackcrx isn't boosted though.</TD></TR></TABLE>

Nope not boosted, only posted it here because I thought more people would have used them.