Notices

Inline Pro to Equal Length?

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2010, 02:15 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Inline Pro to Equal Length?

Im trying to figure out what would I have to do inorder to swap from a Inline Pro cast iron log turbo manifold to a Rcautoworks ramshorn style turbo manifold. When using an Inline Pro I had to notch the block. Will I have to do that with a ramshorn style turbo manifold? Also what im most concerned about is remaking my 3inch downpipe because doesnt the turbo sit on the other side? Ive heard some people saying that I could still have the compressor housing sit how it was using the Inline Pro.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:33 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Default Re: Inline Pro to Equal Length?

rc ramhorns are custom made for your chassi. i know i have one on my crx. they will ask you what car it going in what chassi and a few other questions so it fit they way you wa it to. i rec you get a 3 in dp with your mani to it will say you a lot to time and hassel
Old 01-27-2010, 03:32 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to the OP, so your telling us that you had to notch your block to make the manifold fit correct? do you have a pix? or some more specific about your car? thank you. I do apologize for being off topic.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:07 PM
Honda-Tech Member

The car is a 1998 integra gsr with a fully built b16/b18c1. On my old motor which was a b18c1 gsr motor I had to notch the block for the compressor side of the turbo to make the Inline Pro turbo manifold fit. I just dropped the new motor in last week Monday, now im getting ready to turbo it.

Question's are as follows

1. On a cast iron log turbo manifold the compressor sits on the left if your looking into the engine bay. Now on a Ramshorn style does the compressor sit on the same side or is it reversed?

Thats pretty much the only question I have because all I really would like to know is if I have to reconstruct my 3inch downpipe.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

there will definitely be some modding. ramhorn manifolds that have the compressor on the passenger side will be the a/c compatible ones.
Old 01-27-2010, 10:01 PM
Honda-Tech Member

you notch the block so your turbo will fit not you manifold can fit?
Old 01-27-2010, 11:28 PM
Honda-Tech Member

He means the block, I had to do the same thing. I just went from an Inline Pro cast to Full-Race ramhorn, I switched sides so I had to redo the downpipe anyway and you might have to as well even if you don't switch sides unless RC can make you one with a shortened collector. The cast flange sits almost flush with the bottom of the head flange whereas the RC ramhorn hangs below it so you would have to modify the last bend on your DP. If you keep the compressor on the left you'll probably also have to renotch the block where the compressor sits since it'll be a bit below where it is now.

not my parts, example pics

Old 01-27-2010, 11:40 PM
Honda-Tech Member

Yup thats exactly what I was trying to explain. I guess pictures show it better lol.
Old 01-28-2010, 10:50 AM
Honda-Tech Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

to switch to a ram horn you will have to modify the following

1. downpipe - you've already figured this one out

2. intercooler piping - the compressor outlet will be in a different location requiring you to have to mod the hotside IC piping

3. oil feed/return - you may have enough slack to make the feed work but the return will be much lower and moved due to flipping the turbo

4. dumptube - the dump is in a different location on a ramhorn

i suggest getting the rc mani/dp/dump combo and then selling your current parts. probably easier and cheaper than getting custom work done.

EDIT: also the only real reason you should ever have to notch the block with an inlinepro mani is because you are using a 4-bolt turbine, the mani is designed for 5-bolt.