Notices

inline fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2002, 09:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inline fuel pump

what's up?, i just have a quick question on my inline fuel pump that came with the drag II kit. i have it hooked up to a switch to turn it off and on. I can hear the pump when it's on . And when i turn it on while driving it tends to bog down as if it were pumping too much fuel in and flooding the engine. Do I need some kind of fuel management unit? it seems to run alright without the inline fuel pump turned on. what do i need ?
Old 03-01-2002, 11:24 AM
New User

Default Re: inline fuel pump (zerodrag29)

You need either an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and gauge or you need to bypass some of that fuel.

Are you sure that you run rich when the pump is on?

Randy
Old 03-01-2002, 09:51 PM

Default Re: inline fuel pump (zerodrag29)

First off, don't drive the vehicle under boost until this problem is resolved. If you do, *very bad things* could happen. Something is not right with the install. Properly installed, the car should start, idle and drive like stock. Check that the inlet and outlet connections to the pump are correct. The bigger fitting on the end of the pump is the inlet...this should be fed from the fuel filter. The smaller fitting on the side of the pump is the outlet...this side goes to the fuel rail. Next check the electrical connections to the pump. Look carefully at the terminals; they are marked "+" and "-". It is not uncommon to mistakenly reverse the polarity. Finally, the positive wire to the pump should be hooked up to the main relay under the dash, usually to pin 7 or pin 4. The DRAG pump should run whenever the stock pump is running.