Injector swaps & interchangability

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2002, 04:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector swaps & interchangability

We all know that injectors from other car makers such as DSM cars can be used in our honda's. Every one is familiar with the cheap upgrade to dsm 450cc injectors.

However, there has to be other cars out there that have larger injectors than out stock 240cc (most honda's) injectors. Its fine if you have a vafc or standalone to manage larger injectrors but are there vehicals out there with interchangeable 300cc (around that size) that can be used? Ford, Volvo, etc?

This post stemmed from someone saying they were going to use ford probe 310cc injectors, then that got me to thinking that this would be good information to have for use turbo guy's.
Old 07-25-2002, 06:38 AM
jag
Honda-Tech Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Injector swaps & interchangability (Hybrid)

I have a set of high impedance ford performance injectors that are meant for a mustang in my car. They are 42lb (around 440 CC) injectors. I had to change the connectors on my wiring harness (1996 GS-R) and modify the injectors a tiny bit to fit the jackson racing manifold and the fuel rail (I had to bore out the holes a bit). They fit the stock manifold fine.
They were $400 for a set of 8. Which is a good price if you can get rid of the extra 4....

-Jeremy